All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

n
nononono. Tyler wanted this down. (tyler as in the owner of the gym) thats why the first one was removed.
ETA; BTW, STILL REFUSING TO WATCH THIS UNTIL ITS LIVE :cloud9:

No the first was taken down because I had to move it to my other account. And it's your choice not to watch it but no one said I had to take it down.

The fact that they aren't doing it leads me to believe that they can't. Though Coed Elite does a lot of "coed" stunting, toss hands press to lib does not score near, if I remember from a discussion thread, coed stunting involving a toss to the top. Judging by the amount of assistance needed on the toss to lib in the main stunt, that's what they'd need to resort to for coed stunting, and a. toss hands press to lib doesn't seem very "Top Gun" to me, and b. it probably wouldn't be worth it wasting time on a full section of toss hands press to lib or body position rather than more tumbling, transitions, jumps, etc.

Please, don't misunderstand me. This is not a CE vs TG thing. I'm in love with CE, but mature enough to be unbiased when looking at a routine and to appreciate great elements in a competitor's routine. Look at South Elite's video or any coed team these days. At some point, there is a section where they are doing some sort of coed stunting. It has almost become the tictoc of coed.
I imagine, your question would depend on which event is doing the scoring. But, I'm a lay person (read: parent), one of the other guys on here will have a more definitive answer. I'm actually curious now, myself.

Worlds scoresheet is relative. In theory, the hardest stunts in a division get the highest difficulty score and other teams' stunt difficulty is given as a score relative to that based on the judges' opinion. (Rather than saying squad toss extensions is worth XXX points.) Les would probably be willing to give you a more precise answer.

Accck! I hate when I'm tardy to the party!

May I ask you this?
I remember back when SE started doing tictocs, a similar question arose;' Is it worth the risk to do tictocs vs clean, straight up stretches or full up stretches? (which were the standard at the time). What is your opinion? Follow the standard? Create a new standard? or stick with what you know best?

Back