All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not going to make a whole separate thread for this but I just heard that since Twist and Shout Genesis didn't get a bid this weekend they won't be at Worlds. I hate that they won't get to defend their worlds title! =(
i can't believe T&S Genesis will give up that easily! there are still many competitions with bids for international team right?

Well, L1 and L2 can't tick tock. They fake it. Second, I'm perfectly happy with the only twisting skill in L2 being log rolls. I can't even imagine beginning to teach my y2 a single down yet.

EXACTLY!! Log rolls are basically drills for full downs. Level 1: straight cradle, 2: cradle w/ 1/4 turn (teach flyers to ride the pop and use body control) and log rolls (full down drills), 3: full downs from 2 legs which gets you ready for full downs from single leg stunts and double downs from 2 legs!!
IT'S CALLED PROGRESSION PEOPLE!! Rushing athletes into skills they're not ready for is how people get hurt!

EXACTLY!! Log rolls are basically drills for full downs. Level 1: straight cradle, 2: cradle w/ 1/4 turn (teach flyers to ride the pop and use body control) and log rolls (full down drills), 3: full downs from 2 legs which gets you ready for full downs from single leg stunts and double downs from 2 legs!!
IT'S CALLED PROGRESSION PEOPLE!! Rushing athletes into skills they're not ready for is how people get hurt!
I've always been confused as to why you can't do anything but straight ride baskets with "personality" in level 2, but then you can suddenly full twist in level 3 along with learning all the basic shapes. Seems like an odd progression.

I've always been confused as to why you can't do anything but straight ride baskets with "personality" in level 2, but then you can suddenly full twist in level 3 along with learning all the basic shapes. Seems like an odd progression.

level 1- no baskets, level 2- learn how to ride baskets... just straight rides, level 3- 1 skill baskets ex. full twist, toe touch etc., level 4- 2 skill basket ex. kick full or double full twist, level 5- 3 skills ex. hitch kick double, switch kick double

seems like progression to me

Back