College 2012 Uca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@UKCheerdad we're all entitled to our opinion. And I have a lot of friends that have cheered and currently cheer for UK so I am in no way talking negatively about that program or team with this post.

The reason UK did NOT get robbed is simply this... They did NOT hit their routine. Again your entitled to your opinion of Bama having a "vanilla" routine, but their routine was anything but "vanilla". Cupie full arounds are not "vanilla" as an elite stunt. Also Bama's team stunt was 100% more difficult than UK's stunt. Yes I do agree the swing through entry from hand in hand pop to cupie was "special" but if you watch the video the back right corner of the mat that stunt was on its way to the ground had the spotter not kept it in the air. At the same time the tumbler was landing on his back side in the front middle of the mat.

Also don't think "corrected" score sheets are unique to UK or UCA either I routinely see this at NCA college nationals.

While I agree there is drama I wouldn't account it to UCA I would account it to Competitive cheer in general. There's not a team out there that hasn't experienced what they feel as "drama". This is not unique to UK.

UK is a very talented team that will always contend and as we've seen more times than not in recent years they win, but they did not get robbed. I have to respectfully disagree with you.

@UKCheerdad we're all entitled to our opinion. And I have a lot of friends that have cheered and currently cheer for UK so I am in no way talking negatively about that program or team with this post.

The reason UK did NOT get robbed is simply this... They did NOT hit their routine. Again your entitled to your opinion of Bama having a "vanilla" routine, but their routine was anything but "vanilla". Cupie full arounds are not "vanilla" as an elite stunt. Also Bama's team stunt was 100% more difficult than UK's stunt. Yes I do agree the swing through entry from hand in hand pop to cupie was "special" but if you watch the video the back right corner of the mat that stunt was on its way to the ground had the spotter not kept it in the air. At the same time the tumbler was landing on his back side in the front middle of the mat.

Also don't think "corrected" score sheets are unique to UK or UCA either I routinely see this at NCA college nationals.

While I agree there is drama I wouldn't account it to UCA I would account it to Competitive cheer in general. There's not a team out there that hasn't experienced what they feel as "drama". This is not unique to UK.

UK is a very talented team that will always contend and as we've seen more times than not in recent years they win, but they did not get robbed. I have to respectfully disagree with you.

Wow! 100% more difficult... I stand corrected. I didn't realize that Bama's routine was that much more difficult. That .10 that UK lost by probably was because of Bama's 100% more difficult team stunt. So, follow my logic here, what does it mean when a UK routine that has "mistakes" only loses to a perfect Bama routine by .10 of a point? Whose routine was more difficult once again?

@UKCheerdad use a little more perspective when you quote me... I said the "team stunt" was 100% more difficult. Never did I say Bama's entire routine was 100% more difficult. I used that "ONE SKILL" as an example.

Again as I stated in my previous post you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I "respectfully disagree" with you... I understand you have a vested interest in UK given you screen name "ukcheerdad" I'm sure your child did well if he/she was on the mat.

Also, I did not say Bama was perfect. The fact is Bama also had some bobbles but they did not have (in my opinion) any major mistakes like UK did.

Its hard for me to follow your logic b/c its emotionally based b/c of your tie to the program. Its easier for me to be objective and take emotion out of it considering I don't have the same interest in the team as you do. We could nit pick ever single little thing about the two routines all we want but the fact of the matter is when it counted Bama hit and UK did not and both routines were very difficult and I don't think anyone would argue that both Bama and UK were the two best teams in D1A last year at nationals.

Seriously, has ANY team ever had their entire squad throw fulls? The only D1A squad i have seen throw fulls is UK. The swing through hands to cupie, that wasn't special? What about thier entrance into their Sweedish Falls?
Not trying to get in this discussion and I'm personally a UK fan (seriously considered going to school there) but I would have to agree that Bama earned this one. UCA first and foremost wants a team to hit. If you don't, 99.9% of the time you won't win. Simple as that. I quoted your comment just because the fulls. Thats very impressive (at least to me) that the entire college team - including the beefed up guys - threw fulls. However tumbling on the UCA scoresheet isn't worth that much, definitely not enough to make that much of an impact over Alabama - who also had really good tumbling. Just my 2 cents...

Not trying to get in this discussion and I'm personally a UK fan (seriously considered going to school there) but I would have to agree that Bama earned this one. UCA first and foremost wants a team to hit. If you don't, 99.9% of the time you won't win. Simple as that. I quoted your comment just because the fulls. Thats very impressive (at least to me) that the entire college team - including the beefed up guys - threw fulls. However tumbling on the UCA scoresheet isn't worth that much, definitely not enough to make that much of an impact over Alabama - who also had really good tumbling. Just my 2 cents...
You just proved my point sort of... the guy who busted his tail right in the middle on his tumbling run (which everyone seems to point to when talking about this routine), shouldn't have made that much of a difference since, as you know, it isnt worth much on the UCA score sheet (i think 5 points).

Whatever, UK lost by .10 point. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Closest margin of victory ever for a UCA champ.

@UKCheerdad use a little more perspective when you quote me... I said the "team stunt" was 100% more difficult. Never did I say Bama's entire routine was 100% more difficult. I used that "ONE SKILL" as an example.

Again as I stated in my previous post you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I "respectfully disagree" with you... I understand you have a vested interest in UK given you screen name "ukcheerdad" I'm sure your child did well if he/she was on the mat.

Also, I did not say Bama was perfect. The fact is Bama also had some bobbles but they did not have (in my opinion) any major mistakes like UK did.

Its hard for me to follow your logic b/c its emotionally based b/c of your tie to the program. Its easier for me to be objective and take emotion out of it considering I don't have the same interest in the team as you do. We could nit pick ever single little thing about the two routines all we want but the fact of the matter is when it counted Bama hit and UK did not and both routines were very difficult and I don't think anyone would argue that both Bama and UK were the two best teams in D1A last year at nationals.
Hey dude, you pointed out how Bama's rotuine was not vanilla. But try your hardest to follow the logic... you pointed out the flaws in UK's routine and how several elements of Bama's routine was more difficult than UK's (did you not?). Bama hit, UK did not (agreed?). UK's flawed routine was only .10 point worse than Bama's more difficult (you cited two elements of their routine that were more difficult) yet cleaner routine. So if flawed UK was only that teeensie bit worse than Bama's clean, who had the more difficult routine? Do you follow that logic now?

I probably do have an emotional investment, but i also know plenty of people have commented here and other places that they too think that UK's routine was more difficult and Bama's more vanilla. I am not alone in that thought process only b/c i had a child on the mat. But its water under the bridge and its in the past. I don't have to like it though. Pretty hard to get over a judge who notes on the score sheet that UK shook their signs too much during the cheer (no lie, i saw it with my own eyes). Crap like that will make you kinda bitter.

For the record, my daugher was on mat for four years, and on mat for Team USA Co-Ed in her first year.

@UKCheerdad does it make you feel better for me to say "IF" UK had hit I think they would have won? Absolutely I think that... I've never said "If, UK hit their routine Bama would have still won". Your original post when YOU said Bama's routine was "vanilla" is what I disagree with. I also disagree with YOUR opinion that UK was "robbed".

I was never discussing who's routine was harder than the other (except for the one skill being the team stunt, UK - full up stretch vs Bama - full up lib hands full around stretch). I believe the two routines were fairly close in overall difficulty. Yes some elements were harder than others on from both teams.

Your statement of one routine being "hard" and one being "vanilla" paints a picture of a HUGE difficulty gap between the two teams that simply wasn't there. BOTH teams had difficult UCA style routines. Regardless of who's routine was more difficult thats not the point.

The point I'm making is regardless of all that and all potential conspiracy theories that anyone may have out there about the result from last year, the fact remains Bama hit a quality difficult routine and UK did not hit their quality difficult routine. To me its as simple as that.

You seem to be looking for someone to agree with you that UKs routine was "harder". In my opinion based on both teams level of difficulty being high, what ultimately mattered is Bama hit and UK did not.

Again as I've stated before I have nothing but respect for UK they are an extremely talented team. They're a model program for those looking for a winning formula!

Boy, you gotta love that UK-U of L rivalry!

Please point to me where the rivalry is? Many of the UK and UL cheerleaders are actually good friends and they never compete against each other (some have even been on the same team together. Team USA 2009). This is actually I think the second time you have brought up the rivalry and I still fail to see it. If this were a football or basketball thread sure, but I don't know of any rivalry between their cheerleaders. Respect coming from both sides.

Please point to me where the rivalry is? Many of the UK and UL cheerleaders are actually good friends and they never compete against each other (some have even been on the same team together. Team USA 2009). This is actually I think the second time you have brought up the rivalry and I still fail to see it. If this were a football or basketball thread sure, but I don't know of any rivalry between their cheerleaders. Respect coming from both sides.

Sure. When you ask a Kentucky Wildcat fan who they dislike, the likely choice would be the Louisville Cardinals and vice versa. But they are UK and U of L cheerleaders who are great friends and some of them were former teammates as well.

Sure. When you ask a Kentucky Wildcat fan who they dislike, the likely choice would be the Louisville Cardinals and vice versa. But they are UK and U of L cheerleaders who are great friends and some of them were former teammates as well.

Exactly, but I don't see anywhere in this thread where that rivarly is shown except for the few times you have brought it up.

Back