All-Star 2012 Videos Pt3.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm loving F5s routine except for the pyramid..I dunno, there's just a couple visual things for me I don't like. It's a jam-packed routine though.

Although, maybe I missed, but do they not have a group synch tumbling section? I trust they'll add one before worlds..

I LOVE everything about the routine, except the pyramid. Specifically the middle girl doing the ball out and landing sideways. I feel like a crazy person, but it drives me nuts because it almost looks like a mistake, like she didn't make it all the way around or something. Add in the fact I'm all about symmetry (especially in pyramids), and it's enough to make me nuts, which is silly because the routine overall is AWESOME.

I LOVE everything about the routine, except the pyramid. Specifically the middle girl doing the ball out and landing sideways. I feel like a crazy person, but it drives me nuts because it almost looks like a mistake, like she didn't make it all the way around or something. Add in the fact I'm all about symmetry (especially in pyramids), and it's enough to make me nuts, which is silly because the routine overall is AWESOME.
That was one of the things that bothered me! Something about it drives me crazy..like if she doesn't make a full turn to land perfectly sideways my mental symmetry starts hollering. Some of the transitions I just don't..I dunno, my mental visuals disagree with them. It is silly, because they're in level skills and they perform them well.

BUT I think this says a funny thing about beauty? Here we are, looking at the same thing, and both our visual-mental centers find something disagreeable. Yet someone else's center will find it gorgeous..fascinating stuff, really.

The scoresheets are different because on the International Coed 5 scoresheet (page 5) it says sync tumbling is 2 or more athletes and then breaks down the scoring for how many athletes. On the other scoresheets it does not say that so I don't know if it is different for IOC5 or they just forgot to put it on the others. I could have swore at one time it was said that 6 or more athletes at one time but I can't find it anymore.

*yes I know that it would take more then 1 athlete tumbling at a time for sync tumbling but it is weird that the other scoresheets don't say that*
being in the IOC5 divison i know that they weigh Stunting and pyramids more than tumbling.... so i think they let us slide a lil bit with our tumbling skills .....so im not sure how different the Sync category would be for other level 5 divisions

on some score sheets for lv5 IOC they score sync tumbling being worth more than any other tumbling. I believe I saw that on the worlds score sheet.

After the jumps, F5 loses me.
They seem to be underrotating quite a few doubles these days, the second stunt just seems so pointless, the pyramid is boring, and the music is annoying in the dance.
That's what kills me about this routine...these are the tumbling queens, where is all of this underrotating coming from?

After the jumps, F5 loses me.
They seem to be underrotating quite a few doubles these days, the second stunt just seems so pointless, the pyramid is boring, and the music is annoying in the dance.
For once....I actually agree with you!

That's what kills me about this routine...these are the tumbling queens, where is all of this underrotating coming from?

Omg after I said it I was like "people are gonna chew me out" but I literally counted 7 noticeably underrotated doubles, and for F5, that surprised me.

Back