All-Star 2012 Videos (the Wiki Has A Complete List So Far)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well it's not over now. Sort of around and lands independantly.

I don't understand, but I am asking for myself. I have had to get rid of three ideas because I am under the impression if you do a roundoff or a roundoff handspring and, while legally bracing and in one continuous motion, is illegal. Everyone was so worried about the bracing of the flip (which is an easy fix) that the continuous motion itself is where I was hung up. I am either crazy and over doing it on rules or its illegal. And thats where I am stuck.

I don't understand, but I am asking for myself. I have had to get rid of three ideas because I am under the impression if you do a roundoff or a roundoff handspring and, while legally bracing and in one continuous motion, is illegal. Everyone was so worried about the bracing of the flip (which is an easy fix) that the continuous motion itself is where I was hung up. I am either crazy and over doing it on rules or its illegal. And thats where I am stuck.
it is illegal to rebound into a flip even if it is braced, there is a video on the rules website and on les's youtube channel that specific demonstrates CEA's skill as illegal

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if they go back up during a stunt and then have another fall or bobble they will get an additional deduction, where they are not further penalized for staying down (even though that one stunt group may not have done all the skills). So while it looks better if they go back up, maybe it is not strategically the best idea.
sure they would get an additional deduction...but they literally were standing there for three 8 counts...and when you have that small of a team, to come down and not get back up, there's one hitch going up in the pyramid it looks a mess. don't get me wrong i think they have a great routine...but that's WAY too long to not get back up into a stunt...because i guarantee they would not stand there for that long at worlds haha.

sure they would get an additional deduction...but they literally were standing there for three 8 counts...and when you have that small of a team, to come down and not get back up, there's one hitch going up in the pyramid it looks a mess. don't get me wrong i think they have a great routine...but that's WAY too long to not get back up into a stunt...because i guarantee they would not stand there for that long at worlds haha.
I agree it doesn't look good, especially on a small team, my point is only that it doesn't effect there score, and from that perspective might have been a good decision. Just playing devil's advocate ;)

Adding @Andre

So in theory this means you can't assist running tumbling other than a BHS, no matter where they land. The only way to make it legal would be to connect before the tumbling begins correct?[/media]
not correct...if there was someone assisting the roundoff and backhandspring through the entire movement, then it would be legal because you are moving from stunt to stunt to stunt

Back