All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I called Tannaz. She doesn't want you to die, so she's not doing it.

I'd be willing to throw in a hundred bucks to get them to go large, even though they may beat our brains out. They will make the whole division better, and ensure it continuing off life support.

I am super glad they have created the medium division. It gives all those small gyms who have more than 20 athletes that are level 5 but not enough for the 36 a chance at winning.

Yes it does. It will also give the larger gyms a chance to stack this division.

FotoFlexer_Photo-47.jpg
Its all your fault

Technically related to this season it was medium coed that died and unlimited reborn with these rules. By the same token large limited also gave way to unlimited in a sense ( 18 guys is a lofty limit for most gyms and will give the look and feel
of the glory days of large coed). Current worlds bid recipients would place far more teams back into unlimited were they to keep the same core athletes ( especially with the 1-18 guy criteria ) PS I'd put a little more than $2 down on the CEA representation in all three all girl divisions. We'll be training two full teams with an ever changing "to be cont'd" on the status of which team competes in which division. The real experiment is: when the top three go medium (which is from all sources highly likely ) how many go full
out large? How many small teams venture out into the unknown to compete against an even more competitive veteran large team who gets to start where they left off 6 people slimmer ? The answers to these are why the medium limit should be 28.

Well hopefully everyone will show up at Return to Atlantis next year to settle it before the calamity. Please come back.

omg I died laughing. What has are world come to we are more worried about the big three then the end of world. Don't worry I agree if I die I need to know who is the best lol. (SHOOTING STARS)

You are an astute poster. This will defenitely help CEA. The worlds teams will still be based where the Popes or Kelly spend the majority of the time, K-Vegas and Raleigh, but it gives them many more slots for athletes and options. I know a lot of level 5 kids got turned away from the surrounding areas this year due to limited postitions on Worlds teams. It would make sense to have 2 level 5 All Girl Senior teams in Kernersville and at least one in Raleigh.

Love it!

FotoFlexer_Photo-47.jpg
Its all your fault

[URL=http://smiliesftw.com]

Technically related to this season it was medium coed that died and unlimited reborn with these rules. By the same token large limited also gave way to unlimited in a sense ( 18 guys is a lofty limit for most gyms and will give the look and feel
of the glory days of large coed). Current worlds bid recipients would place far more teams back into unlimited were they to keep the same core athletes ( especially with the 1-18 guy criteria ) PS I'd put a little more than $2 down on the CEA representation in all three all girl divisions. We'll be training two full teams with an ever changing "to be cont'd" on the status of which team competes in which division. The real experiment is: when the top three go medium (which is from all sources highly likely ) how many go full
out large? How many small teams venture out into the unknown to compete against an even more competitive veteran large team who gets to start where they left off 6 people slimmer ? The answers to these are why the medium limit should be 28.

[/URL]

Now I said nothing about anyone being scared, but I will admit I think your team should have been in Large Senior all along. You are a big gym with more than enough talent. But I never saw anyone trying to force you one way or the other. That said, last I looked, there is still a 36 division and 3 of the very top teams in the World inhabiting that division If they stay, the division will last a bit longer than your "400 days". I think your status says alot about your true intent. Now, why is it really you do not like teams moving into small?

Thanks for the compliment, but they were physically and mentally a senior open 5 team for a large portion of the year. We lost a couple times to other senior open 5 teams because our skills were not there yet. But, as kinda is our gym way, we get better throughout the year and did very well at CheerSport and NCA. The month before we had lost to Premiere who outright did beat us. I am definitely a fan of the more restricted rules for 'restricted' next year because the tumbling and the basket skills were some of the ones that you feel pressured to skip over perfecting the lower stuff to push for double trick baskets or twisting through to twisting on tumbling. Didn't seem like that was the point of Open/restricted.

As for my true intent I have said repeatedly I want large to go get smaller (or in this case go away for the new medium) so there will be more teams in the division. Of course this isn't just at level 5, but across the board. Level 5 is just a nice and easy example to talk about. 30 for large makes the sport stronger. I don't concern myself if the top teams will still be on top after the change, because, if they are really good and really well coached they will win at any division size.

So, given the arguments for 30, what is the reason to keep 36? I will be impressed if you can make an argument without using the big 3 in your example.

im led to believe stingray spice is a scam to promote the new medium.
(sarcasm smiley with a slight belief that it may be true)

Nah. We just truly had 30. Our roster fluctuated from 25 at the beginning of the year to 34, back down to 30 (because of injury, people quitting, too much committment). An unintended benefit for the discussion. I found it was overall very similar to working with a team of 36. Pyramid may have been the only time I noticed the 6 missing. But, let's be honest, having 50 when it comes to a pyramid would be nice.

Nah. We just truly had 30. Our roster fluctuated from 25 at the beginning of the year to 34, back down to 30 (because of injury, people quitting, too much committment). An unintended benefit for the discussion. I found it was overall very similar to working with a team of 36. Pyramid may have been the only time I noticed the 6 missing. But, let's be honest, having 50 when it comes to a pyramid would be nice.

But can you get the pyramid done with 36? That is the question. Now, how about dropping the little bomb about moving your Senior 5 team to medium next year. It would definitely show that your one and only concern here was improving compeition. We come down with our friends in MD, NJ and Texas, pull Cali and many others in and create THE high profile division of 2012. Clearly, there are plenty teams in Small, and give the smaller gyms a chance to shine at Worlds. That would be a BLAST, and I would apologize profusely for ever questioning your intent.

Back