All-Star 2012 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But can you get the pyramid done with 36? That is the question. Now, how about dropping the little bomb about moving your Senior 5 team to medium next year. It would definitely show that your one and only concern here was improving compeition. We come down with our friends in MD, NJ and Texas, pull Cali and many others in and create THE high profile division of 2012. Clearly, there are plenty teams in Small, and give the smaller gyms a chance to shine at Worlds. That would be a BLAST, and I would apologize profusely for ever questioning your intent.

Can I get the pyramid done with 36? Sure. But in a division of 30, 30 was fine. Just competing in a division of 36 they have two extra catchers for release moves that would be nice. Everyone had the same restriction that we had would be a non issue.

As for going medium, all our teams are decided after tryouts. If the kids are there for certain teams, the kids are their for certain teams.

As for going medium, all our teams are decided after tryouts. If the kids are there for certain teams, the kids are their for certain teams.

So promise your old buddy Trooper that when sitting around the table, looking at all that talent, that you pound your fist on the table and say to the staff "let's improve competition in All Star and help get this division off to a great start and put this team together. 30 is great, fine, we can do it". You have the kids. And all the other smaller gyms will rejoice at their opportunity in Small.

I have never seen a gym turn kids away with the reason "sorry, but we want to go medium this year"

If 56 L5 kids show up in a gym, they go Small and Large. 66 = Medium and Large. @BlueCat told us the beginning of this year why they had Panthers go large. They make decisions for what best of the athletes and ALL their teams.

Some gyms may let what names are in a certain division influence what decisions they make but that would be a poor choice in this sport over what talent shows up at your tryouts.

I have never seen a gym turn kids away with the reason "sorry, but we want to go medium this year"

If 56 L5 kids show up in a gym, they go Small and Large. 66 = Medium and Large. @BlueCat told us the beginning of this year why they had Panthers go large. They make decisions for what best of the athletes and ALL their teams.

Some gyms may let what names are in a certain division influence what decisions they make but that would be a poor choice in this sport over what talent shows up at your tryouts.

Just hoping he will encourage his gym to drink some of the water we have all been led to Fernando. But no one is arguing a gym should not use the talent that shows up at tryouts. Having owned a gym, I've been there before.

Technically related to this season it was medium coed that died and unlimited reborn with these rules. By the same token large limited also gave way to unlimited in a sense ( 18 guys is a lofty limit for most gyms and will give the look and feel
of the glory days of large coed). Current worlds bid recipients would place far more teams back into unlimited were they to keep the same core athletes ( especially with the 1-18 guy criteria ) PS I'd put a little more than $2 down on the CEA representation in all three all girl divisions. We'll be training two full teams with an ever changing "to be cont'd" on the status of which team competes in which division. The real experiment is: when the top three go medium (which is from all sources highly likely ) how many go full
out large? How many small teams venture out into the unknown to compete against an even more competitive veteran large team who gets to start where they left off 6 people slimmer ? The answers to these are why the medium limit should be 28.
I only put down $2 because I'm a broke college student and that's all I've got :( Plus I thought that nobody would bet against me! ;)

I will say though, if MAG brings back a bigger and better Panthers, I will curl up into a ball and cry..

So promise your old buddy Trooper that when sitting around the table, looking at all that talent, that you pound your fist on the table and say to the staff "let's improve competition in All Star and help get this division off to a great start and put this team together. 30 is great, fine, we can do it". You have the kids. And all the other smaller gyms will rejoice at their opportunity in Small.

I think you misunderstand. There isn't any teams before tryouts. We look at the kids we have, we look at the divisions, and we decide what are the most competitive teams we can create, top to bottom. There are plenty of years we havent had teams because they werent there. We don't force teams to happen. I once asked our owner, Casey, what he would do if the 400+ athletes that tried out were all youth and mini and we had no seniors and juniors. He said rejoice and have a party and give us all raises. I asked why? Because 400+ kids in the youth and mini means 10+ of a lot of customers, where as now we lose 100 every year. And that is why I started to understand, National and World championships are won before that team has been picked. You grow, train, harvest that talent and choose a winning team at tryouts. Orange has existed because we have the kids for Orange. The type of athletes for a small senior are different than the type of athletes needed for a large senior. Panthers from CA has come in and obviously been quite competitive in Small, but they have not dominated. Shedding the 16 extra girls and moving down to their top 20 did not suddenly make them the most awesomest force in cheerleading. All the problems, quirks, and troubles of a small team don't change because you were a large that went small. Same with taking a small team and going large. I have never found either to be easy, but for the layperson who doesn't get the in's and out's I see why it looks like a large would be harder. So teams are created by what we have and how we can move athletes around to make national championship teams. If 50 level 5 athletes show up, 44 girls and 6 boys, and we went medium all girl that means 14 girls and 6 boys would be left to fend in small small OR medium coed. Then if we overly stacked one team we would be telling all our kids not on the new medium that though you may have been in our program for years and earned these level 5 skills, you aren't good enough to be on our medium. You get to be on the uncompetitive leftover level 5 team. Our medium might go and win worlds, but now weve set our program back because we we look like we don't care about the other. Instead, at this moment, we have two top level teams in Small Senior and Large Limited who could go win Worlds. If the kids are there to be competitive and have a good team, the team will be picked.

Also, Stingrays has had a large senior before (Peach). If it wasn't for injury and Boopie we would have stayed large senior that one year. But things happen, we needed new people and Boopie was there.

Last, if Stingrays were to leave small senior it would be one less highly competitive team. There is at least 10 others standing right near them that don't exactly let the small guys 'have a shot' I guess you could say.

Just hoping he will encourage his gym to drink some of the water we have all been led to Fernando. But no one is arguing a gym should not use the talent that shows up at tryouts. Having owned a gym, I've been there before.

The argument is for all divisions to be 30. Remember, all but 2 teams this year at Rays were large.

Not getting into yours and Kingston's discussion, my post was pointing out to others that gym decisions are more then just worrying a t who is in what divisions this year.

Kingston's last post illustrates it in more detail. The puzzle involves doing your best for all your athletes not just creating marque teams.

Not getting into yours and Kingston's discussion, my post was pointing out to others that gym decisions are more then just worrying a t who is in what divisions this year.

Kingston's last post illustrates it in more detail. The puzzle involves doing your best for all your athletes not just creating marque teams.

Correct. If the kids for Orange and Smoke did not show up one year would it be better to create the team anyway just cause or put it on hiatus until they return? You only have what you have, you only got what you got.

Which, brings up the D1 and D2 argument. I am gonna start a post about that.

Well, all one can do is hope. I just think putting all these teams in a division and encouraging them to travel to all the big competitions and compete head to head with a final at Worlds would just do wonders for All Star. That said, sometimes what is good for the goose is good for the gander. But I do think that everybody has to ultimately do what is best for their business plan, I make payroll every 2 weeks. It's a job.

And I do understand to a point, as obviously I have no idea what is best for your gym. But I do like needling you a bit at times because I have no doubt you can take it as well as you can dish it out. So, I stand down with the knowledge and hope this all works out well in the long run.

I always remember in an argument over cheerleading it is the same as an argument with a republican when I talk politics, we all want is best for everyone... we just have different ideas of how to get there.

Back