All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is my question though...it's a ball up 360 to opposite leg stretch at sponge level immediate low to high to other stretch. Is that REALLY that hard? To ball up 360 to a sponge? I've never tried to train it, but it just seems like that would be way easier than people are making it sound...This is an honest question...not bashing.

I don't know about others but I'm more impressed/slightly fangirling over how effortless they make the stunts look.

For me, no its not that difficult or anything I haven't seen before but they look like floating graceful angels doing it.

Edit - to say I have no idea about scoresheets so no idea how it scores them.

I don't know about others but I'm more impressed/slightly fangirling over how effortless they make the stunts look.

For me, no its not that difficult or anything I haven't seen before but they look like floating graceful angels doing it.

Edit - to say I have no idea about scoresheets so no idea how it scores them.

There is NO question they make it look easy. That's why my mind is wondering if it IS that easy...I do know just being able to keep your body in line throughout the entire spin is challenging, but catching at sponge makes it easier to "fix" anything that goes wrong. But they sure do make it look effortless.

This is my question though...it's a ball up 360 to opposite leg stretch at sponge level immediate low to high to other stretch. Is that REALLY that hard? To ball up 360 to a sponge? I've never tried to train it, but it just seems like that would be way easier than people are making it sound...This is an honest question...not bashing.

It's the control in the air (spinning in line, making sure that the bases throw the right amount) that makes it harder than any other regular mount where the flyer never leaves the bases. But of course catching high and then absorbing the impact to sponge level makes it easier than catching it at ex. level. Nevertheless, I would say it's still harder than a regular full-up IMO!

There is NO question they make it look easy. That's why my mind is wondering if it IS that easy...I do know just being able to keep your body in line throughout the entire spin is challenging, but catching at sponge makes it easier to "fix" anything that goes wrong. But they sure do make it look effortless.

Its definitely easier than the previous 360s we've seen because they catch it in the sponge, and agree with you that its a safe bet for them since they have 5 of them doing it.

(I'll admit, when you look back at the stunt from 2010 now I have always thought it doesn't seem like the hardest stunt ever like its sometimes made out to be. I think the way its been executed every time is what was the most impressive for me, mostly because I'm clueless with scoresheets. Even when MG's group fell in 2011 it still looked beautiful haha!)

Now if only Gabie would still do the full up she has done at the last few competitions ... But wow, love how it looks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the control in the air (spinning in line, making sure that the bases throw the right amount) that makes it harder than any other regular mount where the flyer never leaves the bases. But of course catching high and then absorbing the impact to sponge level makes it easier than catching it at ex. level. Nevertheless, I would say it's still harder than a regular full-up IMO!

Definitely would say I agree that it's harder than a regular full up. Not sure I think it's harder than a full around that is caught at the top say from prep level to extended level.

Definitely would say I agree that it's harder than a regular full up. Not sure I think it's harder than a full around that is caught at the top say from prep level to extended level.

Agree. But I think with SE what is impressive is the execution and the incorporation into a seamless sequence. It flows, it's creative, it looks effortless. That to me is what makes them impressive and fun to watch more so than the difficulty of the 360 ball up. That said, to have five groups get the timing and height of those ball ups exactly right is amazing to me.

Agreed. For me it's all about the execution. Technically, the ball up 360 to prep or load is legal at level 4, no? Wondering if it'll score that way or not.

Agreed. For me it's all about the execution. Technically, the ball up 360 to prep or load is legal at level 4, no? Wondering if it'll score that way or not.

Yes, it's a level 4 stunt. So my question is, much like your question...will the judges score this equal to a level 5 stunt?

if you really think about it, the main partner stunts that SE does every year is really not that hard. they just have creative and never before seen stunts so they contain a wow factor. take last years stunt for example: low to high bump down to straight up lib *insert creativity* to a straight up stretch.... not too difficult but it's still flawless

if you really think about it, the main partner stunts that SE does every year is really not that hard. they just have creative and never before seen stunts so they contain a wow factor. take last years stunt for example: low to high bump down to straight up lib *insert creativity* to a straight up stretch.... not too difficult but it's still flawless

What I do love about their stunts is while the actual stunt itself is not that hard, there is never a "pause" or "bounce" between what they do. Just hit hit hit. I do love that...

Back