All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wasn't quite sure where to put this but I will put it here

i mean if i were in their shoes, i'd be sobbing so i get it. what she's saying is lovely and all... but i couldn't help but giggle when she's trying to be so loving and motivational and those girls look like they're going to kill her. you don't want to hear how much better you are than the winners with your third place medal. i still do not understand for the life of me why every moment of cheer extreme needs to be shared with the public. that could have been kept a private moment for those girls.

but i am with her 100% about worlds not being the most important. i actually hate that "we" (athletes and lots of coaches) look at it like the best thing on the world. it's one of the crappiest comps all season. i rank an NCA win above worlds any day. but the rest of the industry doesn't.. so i'll be quiet.

but i am with her 100% about worlds not being the most important. i actually hate that "we" (athletes and lots of coaches) look at it like the best thing on the world. it's one of the crappiest comps all season. i rank an NCA win above worlds any day. but the rest of the industry doesn't.. so i'll be quiet.

Are you a pre-Worlds era coach/athlete? I'd say that most of us get it. Worlds is great, but it's interesting to see how one comp over just over 10 years has become the holy grail above NCA.

*sees on instagram: not a big deal that ______ won! Guys it's JUST NCA!*
*or "No big deal that we busted, IT'S JUST Cheersport. Wait for Worlds!"*

When I was cheering, I would have crawled over broken glass for an NCA jacket.

Are you a pre-Worlds era coach/athlete? I'd say that most of us get it. Worlds is great, but it's interesting to see how one comp over just over 10 years has become the holy grail above NCA.

ehh, retired from being an athlete in 2008. my prime was definitely pre-worlds era, but worlds was definitely a thing while i cheered. i just feel like it's becoming the end all, be all. it has the worst scoresheet, worst venue, poor stage production, etc. i just hate that it's all any of athletes seem to care about. just like you said above, they brush off all other wins/losses because it isn't worlds. i hope that worlds continues to grow and adapt and becomes a competition that really is the defining moment of the season (as a "world" championship should be.) but currently, i don't rank it as the best competition.

Worlds became a thing when I was in college.

I was all like "No one's ever going to actually GO to that! NCA is like 10 times more awesome and it matters too much for people to care about another comp RIGHT AFTER THAT."

#predictionfail

@oncecoolcoachnowmom

I just hate the fact that Worlds seems to be the determiner of the success of your season.

There are many teams in the same boat but using SSX as an example - I'm pretty sure they placed Top 3 at EVERY competition this season which is an incredible feat in that division, but everyone will just remember that they "lost" Worlds.

Or Cheetahs, in terms of placement they had an unsuccessful Worlds but in no way an unsuccessful season but you'll always remember that they placed 5th at Worlds - not that they won Majors and were 2nd at NCA.

Or Cheetahs, in terms of placement they had an unsuccessful Worlds but in no way an unsuccessful season but you'll always remember that they placed 5th at Worlds - not that they won Majors and were 2nd at NCA.

Yep. Great example: A conversation online I saw re: World Cup Shooting Stars.

Girl 1: STARS GIVE ME LIFE.
Girl 2: OMG they've HAD AN AWFUL SEASON. THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR :(

Yes. Winning Cheersport and Majors + 3rd at NCA is "awful." I really don't know how they'll ever go on.

Yet I feel like if you were born in post-Worlds cheerleading, for the average cheer fan that's all that matters.

It's great and it's an amazing experience. I love watching it. But to say that such awesome programs and teams had terrible seasons because they didn't get gold is short-sighted.

Yep. Great example: A conversation online I saw re: World Cup Shooting Stars.

Girl 1: STARS GIVE ME LIFE.
Girl 2: OMG they've HAD AN AWFUL SEASON. THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR :(

Yes. Winning Cheersport and Majors + 3rd at NCA is "awful." I really don't know how they'll ever go on.

Yet I feel like if you were born in post-Worlds cheerleading, for the average cheer fan that's all that matters.

It's great and it's an amazing experience. I love watching it. But to say that such awesome programs and teams had terrible seasons because they didn't get gold is short-sighted.

Unfortunately Worlds has been built up, by coaches, athletes, and the industry, to be the be all and end all of the season, and everything else is in preparation for Worlds.

World Cup All Stars - Freehold - The Summit 2014 - YouTube

World Cup electra summit finals.

I could not be more proud of my team, this is the best performance we had all season. Through countless injuries, replacements, girls new to cheer...we really pulled through to make our dream of competing at the summit come true. We were ecstatic just to make finals and I was honestly happy to tie for 7th with spirit explosion. Proud to call myself an alumni of this team!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes, but all these athletes competing at worlds were probably mini's or youth when worlds wasn't around. So in their eyes, they view worlds as the end all be all and like CSP said, it's all about how YOU take it. Personally i would rather have a ring but some prefer a jacket.

World Cup All Stars - Freehold - The Summit 2014 - YouTube

World Cup electra summit finals.

I could not be more proud of my team, this is the best performance we had all season. Through countless injuries, replacements, girls new to cheer...we really pulled through to make our dream of competing at the summit come true. We were ecstatic just to make finals and I was honestly happy to tie for 7th with spirit explosion. Proud to call myself an alumni of this team!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Omg Juliette and Kevin's reactions were priceless!! I love Electra you guys did fabulously

Back