All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've actually been told by my coach not to try and put it back up. If you drop it the first time, you'll only get one deduction. If you try and put it back up and drop it again, you'll get two.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I feel like a team of level 5 caliber has NO reason to drop a straight up. I'd question that :confused: I wouldn't even consider that, like, an option.. Especially for a team like Wildcats. Just comes off as a lack of effort or something, to not go back up.

Last edited:
I feel like a team of level 5 caliber has NO reason to drop a straight up. I'd question that :confused: I wouldn't even consider that, like, an option.. Especially for a team like Wildcats. Just comes off as a lack of effort or something, to not go back up.

I mean, there's no reason why my level 6 team should drop it putting it straight back up either, and my coach has coached teams that have globed at worlds. But if you haven't practiced dropping it and putting it back up, and you're off timing or try to go at different times, it can happen. When you drop a stunt you get frazzled and try and rush to get it back up in the air.

My point is that it's not going to hurt their score to not put it back up. So while it may seem odd to us to not do it, there's really no reason for them to do so.

I mean, there's no reason why my level 6 team should drop it putting it straight back up either, and my coach has coached teams that have globed at worlds. But if you haven't practiced dropping it and putting it back up, and you're off timing or try to go at different times, it can happen. When you drop a stunt you get frazzled and try and rush to get it back up in the air.

My point is that it's not going to hurt their score to not put it back up. So while it may seem odd to us to not do it, there's really no reason for them to do so.

Understandable. I guess not in their specific instance maybe, but I feel like for some teams, if 1 or 2 flyers fell and didn't go back up.. wouldn't less athletes participating in the skill = less quantity of flyers pulling skills/doubling down/whatever = a hurt score on SOME aspect of the scoresheet? Maybe that's totally wrong though.

I just think it's odd to tell a team not to go back up because what if you fall again.. wouldn't you instead actually practice the correct way to go back up just in case?

Back