All-Star 2014-2015 Bows, Bows, Bows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you! I made them... :)

Aaaand, I just ordered a heat press 5 minutes ago. I'm soo excited! :D No more ironing, if it works the way I hope it does!
What kind of heat press did you buy? I'm thinking about buying one too, but I don't know which one I should go for!

What kind of heat press did you buy? I'm thinking about buying one too, but I don't know which one I should go for!
I was really conflicted because most people in online communities will tell you to get a really good and therefore expensive one. I wasn't willing to spend 1000-3000€ on something I only use for my pasttime. I'm no professional bow maker or anything. So I hesitated. I now dod go for one of the cheap (still expensive to me, mind you) chinese models. I opted for a HobbyCut AA1-S that is 38cm x 38cm and has 2000 Watt.
I read that the ones with the metal pipe as a handle have the risk of that handel bending. That's why I went for a press with a flat metal construction.
I also thought about the size. There are a few smaller presses in that price range. They're very slightly broader than DIN A4. I liked that it wouldn't take up as much space and would be lighter. But I've also heard that cheap presses tend to nt distribute the heat evenly and I was scared that especially on the outer edges the heat wouldn't be enough. As I sometimes make T shirts and need DIN A4 size, I ordered the larger model, where I'll be able to place prints in the center and still have space around.

So yeah, that was roughly my decision process. :)
I just got the shippment notice. I'm sooo excited and hope that it'll work fine for me!

Ultimate Athletics 14-15 season bow
6jdc2h.jpg

I guess it's fair game to post since our staff posted it on IG :)
they're beautiful!!

I was really conflicted because most people in online communities will tell you to get a really good and therefore expensive one. I wasn't willing to spend 1000-3000€ on something I only use for my pasttime. I'm no professional bow maker or anything. So I hesitated. I now dod go for one of the cheap (still expensive to me, mind you) chinese models. I opted for a HobbyCut AA1-S that is 38cm x 38cm and has 2000 Watt.
I read that the ones with the metal pipe as a handle have the risk of that handel bending. That's why I went for a press with a flat metal construction.
I also thought about the size. There are a few smaller presses in that price range. They're very slightly broader than DIN A4. I liked that it wouldn't take up as much space and would be lighter. But I've also heard that cheap presses tend to nt distribute the heat evenly and I was scared that especially on the outer edges the heat wouldn't be enough. As I sometimes make T shirts and need DIN A4 size, I ordered the larger model, where I'll be able to place prints in the center and still have space around.

So yeah, that was roughly my decision process. :)
I just got the shippment notice. I'm sooo excited and hope that it'll work fine for me!
Thank you so much for this! I'm really torn, too. Keeping my fingers crossed that your will work well!

Back