All-Star 2014-2015 Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've actually been pretty chill about waiting on our music. But, cp14's team was having a rough practice and they were getting frustrated the other day and the coach saw it. He stopped it about ten minutes early. He put them all in groups (stunt groups first, then the backspots,bases, flyers together, then I think by hair color, just kept mixing them up) and told them these were "positive pow wows" and everyone had to say positive things about each other in their group and then they'd switch.

And then he played the song he'd picked for their pyramid. And left it on repeat while they did their positive pow wows.

It was a total kumbaya moment.

Kids who were frustrated and angry five minutes before were crying and hugging and "I love you!" To each other minutes later. Mommas were sniffly. There are multiple kids on cp14s team that have a similar story to hers, maybe that's why they're so tightly bonded. But that song he chose was absolutely, positively, written for that team and it's totally perfect.

NOW I'm not chill about waiting for their mix :)
You sound like you have amazing staff - here's to doing it right!! Hugs to your littles!!

Back