All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

2012 was the first time we had a team in IO6 (I couldn't remember if it was 2012 or 2013), so you're right, there were definitely more than 3.

2011 was the year there weren't many teams and no US team medaled - the wiki only shows 3 teams with bids that year:

2010-2011 Worlds Bids by Division | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer
I was, like a loser, looking at it from an outside source. I should have known we'd have better info here!!

I do remember, though, that 2012 was a funny year for brackets because half the board couldn't remember who had even made Worlds in the level 6 divisions. Half the people put teams who didn't even go!! (Showgirls went, right @Ashley?)

I was, like a loser, looking at it from an outside source. I should have known we'd have better info here!!

I do remember, though, that 2012 was a funny year for brackets because half the board couldn't remember who had even made Worlds in the level 6 divisions. Half the people put teams who didn't even go!! (Showgirls went, right @Ashley?)

Yeah, Showgirls were there in 2012. I couldn't remember if 2012 or 2013 was their first year. I want to say they narrowly got 4th place among US teams and didn't make finals. 2011 we had an IO5 team.

Not arguing cause I can definitely see both sides, but what's the point of calling it worlds if it's all US teams, I mean you might as well call it NCA 2.0
The two per country rule isn't fair in a lot of sports, but I can see why they have it in place. If international teams are like hey we won't make it past day one, what's the point of spending thousands and traveling thousands of miles for one day. Yes some would still do it for just the one time experience, but what's the draw for getting them to come back year after year. I also thinks its partially a money gaining deal for the people running worlds.
I also want to say that worlds > ICU simply because it gets more recognition and attention from every team that's attending. And I would think the international teams know this, they want to compete in front of a big crowd and have a big awards ceremony, rings, etc. And let's face it, audience wise people attend worlds more then the ICU competition. I would say there's a lot of aspects as to why they have the rule.
A lot of international teams do not have 2-day competitions in their countries, so I don't think that would be an issue. There's European teams that go to Worlds just to WATCH, so I definitely think people would pay even if they just get to compete one day.

Teams on at-large bids still compete at Worlds even though they're not likely to advance to finals or even semi-finals in some cases.

I enjoy me some SupermodelTV! Just wish they were a little more frequent so I can spy on those Supermodels!! I know Green Bay Elite was doing a little web series that followed Lime from Worlds till the start of the new season! I hope they also continue posting little webisodes!!

i don't know if any of you would be interested, but one of the parents at my gym is doing a little series on our level 4 team, venus. we did it last year and are on season 2! :) the first episode of this year will be out in a few weeks, i think. the series from last year is on youtube

Back