All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about how our board members tore CAC R5 to shreds in the last week. It is troubling to see how ugly it turns on this board so quickly. Can we please remember that those are children out there, and that their parents and even some of the kids from the team may be on here? Critique of a video is fine, but I feel it went overboard. A lot of criticism came from competing gyms (CAC and others), and just seems spiteful and hateful. Was it their best? No... But I am sure those girls would be the first to admit that. Acting as if they are being put in danger because that stunt came out to prone is ludicrous as well, and all of you know it. Stunts fall. It happens. It happens to all teams. And while that one was a scary fall, I seriously doubt that is the norm for these girls. I am on site medical staff foray competitions, and I see worse every week, from bigger gyms and bigger name teams. I saw scarier stunting from arena teams at NCA last year. It seemed to be a bandwagon attack, and got to be overboard, IMHO. For one who had a CP at that competition, I can tell you they were NOT the worst of the day, or even wearing Purple and White. I, for one, and my little section of Teal Army will be pulling for those CAC girls the rest of the year, and expect good things from them... If for no other reason than to say they rose above what was said about them here by a lot of people. Keep your head up, ladies... And prove us old people wrong!

BTW... About standing tumble busts: that floor was laid right over the hockey ice in Charlotte. Our girls were complaining how cold the floor was. Very much like NCA one day in ATL last year, cold springs don't give much bounce. YE busted a ridiculous number of standing tumbling that day. As someone who works for EPs and has put down and taken up more floors than I care to remember, cold floors suck to tumble on. This early in the season, when conditioning is still developing, it may have contributed.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about how our board members tore CAC R5 to shreds in the last week. It is troubling to see how ugly it turns on this board so quickly. Can we please remember that those are children out there, and that their parents and even some of the kids from the team may be on here? Critique of a video is fine, but I feel it went overboard. A lot of criticism came from competing gyms CAC and others, and just seems spiteful and hateful. Was it their best? No... But I am sure those girls would be the first to admit that. Acting as if they are being put in danger because that stunt came out to prone is ludicrous as well, and all of you know it. Stunts fall. It happens. It happens to all teams. And while that one was a scary fall, I seriously doubt that is the norm for these girls. I am on site medical staff foray competitions, and I see worse every week, from bigger gyms and bigger name teams. I saw scarier stunting from arena teams at NCA last year. It seemed to be a bandwagon attack, and got to be overboard, IMHO. For one who had a CP at that competition, I can tell you they were NOT the worst of the day, or even wearing Purple and White. I, for one, and my little section of Teal Army will be pulling for those CAC girls the rest of the year, and expect good things from them... If for no other reason than to say they rose above what was said about them here by a lot of people. Keep your head up, ladies... And prove us old people wrong!

BTW... About standing tumble busts: that floor was laid right over the hockey ice in Charlotte. Our girls were complaining how cold the floor was. Very much like NCA one day in ATL last year, cold springs don't give much bounce. YE busted a ridiculous number of standing tumbling that day. As someone who works for EPs and has put down and taken up more floors than I care to remember, cold floors suck to tumble on. This early in the season, when conditioning is still developing, it may have contributed.

I for one wasn't attacking the CHILDREN, but the adult who thought that that routine was "good to go" at that level.

I know it's November and I would certainly LOVE to be wrong about this group/routine and see it look great in March.

I for one wasn't attacking the CHILDREN, but the adult who thought that that routine was "good to go" at that level.

I know it's November and I would certainly LOVE to be wrong about this group/routine and see it look great in March.

I agree, most of the attacking I saw was towards the coaches/adults involved with that team.

I realize that most of the vitriol was directed at coaches, but I tried imagining how the girls would feel reading it, and it made me sad. I will be a fan, for sure. It also wasn't that bad. There is a lot of talent there, but they have to pull it together. Just hoping it was a bad day. I am trying to be positive, I guess.

I've come to the conclusion that whoever is in charge with CA's dance music has an obsession with Michael Jackson (and/or a style similar to his) and Get Low by Lil John.

Because at least one routine a year (sometimes 2) has had MJ/Get Low in there somewhere, either by direct song (PYT, Thriller, Bad, Get Low) or a v/o based on it (Bad/BABS, 'Back Back Back it Up' Get Low). I feel like this has been going on since at least 2012.
Idk about 2012, but last season & this season Cheetahs have been using Rizz & Wildcats/Panthers are getting theirs from Patrick, so that could be part of it. Lol

Theres a video of TGLC but its someone recording it from cheerlive and CU said that he can't share it? Should it be posted?

ETA: guess someone shared it anyway!

I need a better quality video ahh!!

Idk about 2012, but last season & this season Cheetahs have been using Rizz & Wildcats/Panthers are getting theirs from Patrick, so that could be part of it. Lol
I wonder if the coaches have an input in the songs, because it's been in all 3 mixes from those teams.

@HeresAThought - Nothing wrong with some MJ love...I'd just like to change it up.

On another note: I'm loving the battle that large coed is bringing this year.

I realize that most of the vitriol was directed at coaches, but I tried imagining how the girls would feel reading it, and it made me sad. I will be a fan, for sure. It also wasn't that bad. There is a lot of talent there, but they have to pull it together. Just hoping it was a bad day. I am trying to be positive, I guess.
I don't think that team was restricted, but even if it had been it was still competing at way too high a level compared to their skill set. Nothing but concern was voiced for the athletes. Criticism for the coaches for putting that on the mat? Absolutely. But more because of the danger they were putting their athletes in by having that choreography.

Holy moly top gun! Is it me or does top gun and cheetahs always have some variation of a stunt involving a shoulder straddle

Back