All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

found this video. thats not very nice.

salt.jpg

Here's the thing with "copycatting stunt" complaints in cheer.

After you have been cheering and working with cheer/coaching for a certain amount of time, you will realize that THERE. ARE. ONLY. SO. MANY. COMBINATIONS. OF. WAYS. TO. PYRAMID. TOSS. AND. STUNT. PEOPLE.

After awhile, there is literally nothing you can do that has not been done in some form or fashion before.

You crazy kids!

found this video. thats not very nice.

The amount of free time this person has they should be more productive...like solving the Ebola issue or figuring out how to contain Isis. They apparently have nothing better to do.

There's very little that's original anymore (except for maybe the wildcat basket they did last year that was omitted from this but is guaranteed to be "copied" in some other routine this season). It's more about taking what's out there and making it your own, which I think wildcats have succeeded with in terms of their version of the jump rope.

Was that video supposed to show how CA took an idea and made it better? Because that's what I got from it.

That's not a dig at any team featured in the video but great choreographers and coaches take what's out there and improve upon it. And clearly that's what CA has done. That's how you evolve. As a team, as a coach, as a sport, as an industry.

Sidenote: If kids were as resourceful in their school research as this one is with searching through cheer footage, my teacher friends would probably get fewer papers lifted straight from Wikipedia (like really, straight from it complete with grey background -- teacher in the building got it from a 9th grader.)

I did notice a couple of the "copycat" moves but it made me smile instead of upset. I loved the similar moves and thought it was cool to see it evolve.

The amount of free time this person has they should be more productive...like solving the Ebola issue or figuring out how to contain Isis. They apparently have nothing better to do.

There's very little that's original anymore (except for maybe the wildcat basket they did last year that was omitted from this but is guaranteed to be "copied" in some other routine this season). It's more about taking what's out there and making it your own, which I think wildcats have succeeded with in terms of their version of the jump rope.

I agree with your point, but the basket from Wildcats last year wasn't original either....Pretty sure a boy did it in Miami Elite in 04 or 05? And not saying they "copied" it, but it had already been done.

Back