All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm 99% sure they pulled out of the Palm Springs competition they went to last year and replaced it with NCA Dallas

Oh bummer! It's so much easier for me to see them in PS than in Dallas. Well, maybe I can still squeeze into the arena when they're on.

In my opinion Orange is the only one who pulls of the handstand the best. Some of the teams look like they start from a plank position.:confused: But I will agree slightly with the fact that once one team in the division starts doing something, everyone follows and after a few seasons it gets old to watch.
I think tick tocking is here to stay, so I wouldn't compare that to anything else, considering how many teams/ levels in general do it, etc.

Definitely agree about tick tocks. I do think inversion stunts in General will become very common in the future tho. Not exactly handstands but I bet people will get creative with it.

I don't know, I like to watch teams who push the envelope. It's why I always love seeing a Top Gun routine. It's also why I loved watching the Cheer Force team that did the jump rope thing last year. I'll never forget watching that live at NCA while waiting for another team to come on. I've never wanted to "rewind" a routine so much! I wanted to see it again!

The thing with Cheerforce, they actually execute their creative skills, it's beautiful to watch.

Understandable but I wouldn't necessarily call the others unique when everything that they do has been done more and longer than the handstand stunt. When I think unique I think "out of the ordinary"
I agree with that but its kind of ironic that what is considered a unique stunt is being done by more teams than usual this year. Additionally, with only a few teams in LAG, what are the chances that more than one incorporated it?

not related to the video... but when did guns become the theme of their gym? and why? i hate it.
I think it was just last season. Originally I thought it was cute because I thought Team Gunz was "guns" as in jacked arms, until I saw the Worlds shirt with the guns on it. As much as love PA and watching her work her magic, it really turned me off. I have no clue why it has become their theme.

I think she meant that the teams NOT doing the inversion are being unique. I have to say I kinda agree with her. This was something pretty new a while back. The first time I remember seeing it was Orange about 4-5 seasons ago. LOVE did it their first year back in 2012-2013. This year it seems EVERYONE is on the inversion bandwagon...and not just in LAG, but other divisions as well.

Because....

LEVEL 5 BUILDING SKILLS
  1. 1 and ½ - 2 Twisting transitions to an Extended position
  2. 1 Twisting transition to immediate Extended Body position (excluding target and liberty)
  3. Inverted transitions to an Extended position**
  4. Release moves from load in position or above to an Extended position
  5. Twisting switch ups
**Exception: Not level appropriate but will receive credit in Level 3, 4, and 5.

Honestly, there are only so many creative inversions that can be done. My guess is many teams have left them out in the past because unlike standing upright, when inverted, some lean to the side and some just don't have the strength to get upright and vertical. If they do swinging inversions, your bases need to be taller so the flyer will clear the ground. IMO, it is hard to make that many inversions look good and clean.

Invert away, I don't care how many times I see it this year, I'm always impressed.

Regarding juniorelite, what type of person sits there at practice/choreography and says .. "lets have her put her head through the hole of a scorpion, and then throw this child around an equally sized child and have her land right where she started..

Like what ? lol I like the originality but like how does that score , does that count as an inversion ??

couldn't this transition be done in level 4?

The thing with Cheerforce, they actually execute their creative skills, it's beautiful to watch.

Yes, for sure. But so many of the teams pushing the envelope will at some point hit their stride with the routine and perform it well. It's the natural progression of a routine, in my opinion. So start with the difficulty and when you finally hit it, it's a beautiful thing.

Definitely agree about tick tocks. I do think inversion stunts in General will become very common in the future tho. Not exactly handstands but I bet people will get creative with it.
what i meant is that when orange does the stunt, their feet are in the air above their head, ive seen a few other teams do them and they look like they are in the plank position. orange pulls them off the best in my opinion, but they have also been doing them for a few seasons so they've had a lot of practice.

Back