All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure if posted so my bad if it already was

See, I like this routine - could have done w/ the whack-a-mole elite stunts going up and down in that one part (ugh, I just do not like how CEA does that in their routines and I swear an earlier video of this team did NOT do those, but whatever), but besides for that I like their choreo, tumbling and flyer flexibility. Their running tumbling is especially strong - seems like almost the entire squad does really solid running tumbling passes. I also like that all of their flyers look like they are at least 5'2", and older than 12 - but that could be an optical illusion and they just look bigger than what I'm used to seeing ;).

This is my favorite CEA team of what I've seen so far of them this year, even though it seems like many on here disagree w/ me...

I noticed that base who was very short! Props to her for being able to stunt with girls who look 5" taller than her, esp at an elite level, but would that stunt be counted as fully extended, or....

She seems very strong. I was always the shortest one in my stunt groups. i noticed she was a side base in their main stunts which i find very weird because usually the main base is the shortest in the group.

I noticed that base who was very short! Props to her for being able to stunt with girls who look 5" taller than her, esp at an elite level, but would that stunt be counted as fully extended, or....

I noticed this earlier on, but now that's it's being highlighted I cannot stop laughing. Haha. That short girl is pure power, so yes- kudos to her! It does look funny to see them stunting together though.

It's also really nice to she her doubling in competitions now. I remember in the preview video, she was struggling with the confidence and now she's throwing a standing pass to double and has two running double passes! Werk.

This is like my second time commenting on SSX recently, but I really want to see them move out of this underdog spot this year! Someone cut them a faster mix and give them better motions so that can happen! Their transition motions seem really random.

This channel has a lot of videos from the competition

Ok rant time. Coaches what are you thinking? How irresponsible are you to get these kids to do skills they are not ready for? That routine is many injuries waiting to happen! Besides the obvious safety issues, why oh why would set those kids up to fail? Those kids are not ready to even attempt that routine let alone perform it in front of a crowd.Its not the kids' fault this is all on the coaches. It is the thing that will always make my blood boil setting anyone up to fail is just plain wrong. It is your job as a leader in your gym to build strong and confident young people not whatever you are doing. ok rant over. Back to videos.

Did anyone else notice that of the 4 tumbling passes that happen at the end of running tumbling/ right before baskets, only 1 girl ends her pass with a level 5 skill, a full. 2 of them either end with RO or BHS and the other 1 ends with a tuck.

I have never noticed this before so maybe it was just a performance error on this particular day. If not I just don't understand the point of those passes.

everyone knows that F5 reigns supreme no matter what in my eyes. they could wear garbage bags as day 2 unis and I would think it was the best thing since sliced bread.

BUT I will say that im disappointed in JR for the mix he gave them. it just seems like he didn't give his all to that mix and their mix is one that usually makes me want to get back up and cheer again. I hope JR fixes this and updates their mix it just doesn't seem like its THEM! if that makes sense.

Did anyone else notice that of the 4 tumbling passes that happen at the end of running tumbling/ right before baskets, only 1 girl ends her pass with a level 5 skill, a full. 2 of them either end with RO or BHS and the other 1 ends with a tuck.

I have never noticed this before so maybe it was just a performance error on this particular day. If not I just don't understand the point of those passes.
they typically all throw it to a full. But at both days that didnt happen so something isn't working??

She really is entire head shorter than her flyer. Baby girl is pocket-sized power!! She holds her own just fine!

Ok rant time. Coaches what are you thinking? How irresponsible are you to get these kids to do skills they are not ready for? That routine is many injuries waiting to happen! Besides the obvious safety issues, why oh why would set those kids up to fail? Those kids are not ready to even attempt that routine let alone perform it in front of a crowd.Its not the kids' fault this is all on the coaches. It is the thing that will always make my blood boil setting anyone up to fail is just plain wrong. It is your job as a leader in your gym to build strong and confident young people not whatever you are doing. ok rant over. Back to videos.
I agree. We were at a program that had Worlds teams for 5 years before they closed, and a couple of those years, we had no business putting a Worlds level team out on the mat, it was setting those kids up for failure-but the pressure to have Level 5 teams at a program is so great-that to not have a Worlds team is almost a death knell to a program. We lost a lot of great kids to another program bc of this. I feel that gyms live and die by their ability to field strong Worlds teams (at least in this area). I mean, the switching between programs happens most in Level 5 athletes. (or those that eye a Worlds team placement in a couple of years). I understand a team that has the ability and just has an off day, but clearly there is a difference between that and just not having the skills. Coming from a gym that has only been around less than 2 years and was able to field 2 strong Worlds teams I can see what a difference it can make in the kids attitudes when they have the confidence in their skills and routine.

everyone knows that F5 reigns supreme no matter what in my eyes. they could wear garbage bags as day 2 unis and I would think it was the best thing since sliced bread.

BUT I will say that im disappointed in JR for the mix he gave them. it just seems like he didn't give his all to that mix and their mix is one that usually makes me want to get back up and cheer again. I hope JR fixes this and updates their mix it just doesn't seem like its THEM! if that makes sense.

Where did you hear the mix?! Did I miss it somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back