All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Smoed looks a lot better and much cleaner overall, IMO. I like the stunting changes they made too. The girl who does the center toe full needs to work on her technique though. I feel like if you're going to be center it should be fully rotated lol.

I'm dying to see BSB.
It was like she flipped completely horizontally instead of backwards. It was really weird. Also that flip around in the pyramid- if you mess that up, how bad do your shoulders hurt?? Yeesh.

Side question: That full around at the top. Are they counting that as a double or a 1 1/4? Because technically her shoulders are facing front, her hips are to the left (on a screen), but she only turns one and a quarter so her hips AND shoulders are to the back. Then the bases turn another half once she's stopped. So in my mind, it really should only count as a 1 1/4 if you're feeling generous.

I paused the Smoed video before the dance when I wrote the comment.
That dance is a joke right? Or like it's unfinished?

It was like she flipped completely horizontally instead of backwards. It was really weird. Also that flip around in the pyramid- if you mess that up, how bad do your shoulders hurt?? Yeesh.

Side question: That full around at the top. Are they counting that as a double or a 1 1/4? Because technically her shoulders are facing front, her hips are to the left (on a screen), but she only turns one and a quarter so her hips AND shoulders are to the back. Then the bases turn another half once she's stopped. So in my mind, it really should only count as a 1 1/4 if you're feeling generous.

The rules state, I believe, that twists are counted from the chest position at the initiation of the twist.

The rules state, I believe, that twists are counted from the chest position at the initiation of the twist.
I always thought it was hips. Because shoulders is cheating with how many people half/quarter turn in the lead up. Also in my perfect world, the moment the flyer stops moving on her own, the count stops. None of this 'We'll just turn that extra 1/4-1/2 and call it a double!' malarky.

I paused the Smoed video before the dance when I wrote the comment.
That dance is a joke right? Or like it's unfinished?
I was wondering that... Like I know little-to-none about dances being scored, but it seems like an afterthought. It was pretty underwhelming.

You mean I "know" someone who has a kid on my favorite team??? ;) Congrats on Aces. I love them.
But, yes, Coed has a kick-*ss routine this year. Come to think of it, so does LBs... I sense a theme here - Cali! :)
Why yes you do!! :D You're right I'm loving all of the Cali routines I've seen so far. ACES have changed a lot of theirs, haven't seen it yet but Katie is super excited about it.

Smoed looked good, real good and pretty much the same as every year. But I'm sad to say, I just have a hard time even wanting them to win anything anymore after the catastrophe of the web series and social media. Bitter...party of one, that's me!

And then, a minute to set for the routine? Puh-leeze...

But, quite a talented bunch on that mat.
(P.S. Brandon looked better ;) )

Back