All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes I agree either please make a team large or make them small and field a small coed too my hopes for spirit next season. ***crosses fingers

Does anyone know if GT Platinum is going to Cheersport? Haven't seen or heard anything about them since December

Not that my two cents matter here, and I certainly don't know the business end of cheer, just a mom supporting what her kid loves, but seems to me that there are a ton of teams that cross over 5s to 2, one gym I will not name is crossing J5s, a number of them to y2....this past weekend another well known gym crossed j5s down to their j2 to make it large.... Amanda may be young but she is very protective of her kids and is doing what every gym owner is trying to do...WIN ;)

My fav girls!!! A few little mistakes today- still an awesome routine! Opening stunt and basket are to die for.
Heard they were hitting mock ups at practice yesterday & their tumbling is still watered down, can't wait to see where they are in a few weeks!!! Awesome & talented group of girls. Grand champs today! 5th best round 3 in the state for D4!

Not that my two cents matter here, and I certainly don't know the business end of cheer, just a mom supporting what her kid loves, but seems to me that there are a ton of teams that cross over 5s to 2, one gym I will not name is crossing J5s, a number of them to y2....this past weekend another well known gym crossed j5s down to their j2 to make it large.... Amanda may be young but she is very protective of her kids and is doing what every gym owner is trying to do...WIN ;)
But she wasn't protecting her kids since no one was questioning them. The question (still unanswered) was how many crossovers they had on the team.

Starting a new thread for this topic.

**Don't be silly, it's only sandbagging when OTHER teams do it.**

The real problem is not that they are crossing athletes to this junior 2. The problem is that NO ONE from the gym will state how many athletes are competing on any other team that is higher than level 2 (whether level 3, 4, 5). Crossing kids from level 5 to level 2 is 100% LEGAL. It is allowed at every competition, apart from NCA All Star Nationals. There is no need to hide the name of a gym because they are crossing athletes from y2 to j5, because it is not against the rules so as long as your information is accurate there is no reason to protect the gym from being called out. One of the most well known gyms in the world, Cheer Extreme, uses crossovers in this same manner. Raleigh this year crosses level 5 to a senior 3 team called "senior 3lite" because it is a just for fun team, composed of a majority of crossovers. The same goes for Kernersville and Y3 Glitter Penguins. That team is composed of multiple youth 5 crossovers (and even some that compete junior 5 as well). We had that debate back in the fall. The parents, while maybe not fond of people questioning their child's team and decisions of the coaches, responded kindly/respectfully/professionally to all of the questions people asked about GP, the crossovers, and why certain kids were crossing. That 100% did not happen here. Your gym owner, who is 5 years older than me, responded in a way that put your gym under the spotlight in a VERY unfavorable way. Everyone on this board has LOVED Jersey Allstars for years. Even athletes and parents from locally competing gyms (ex: WC) have had nothing but great things to say about your gym. Much of this is due to the fabulous reputation that NJ Coach has built on this board for your gym, as well as the great routines the athletes put out. No one really had anything negative to say about JAS. Many people, my 20 year old self included, do not feel the same way any longer because of how this situation was handled. All the owner needed to do was respond to the question. There was no need to over-react, blame people of being out to bash your gym, or have her mother get involved. Also, it is not always about winning for everyone. And it is especially not always about doing whatever is necessary (ex: stack your j2 with above level athletes) to win a cheerleading competition.
ETA: tried to fix some of my run-on sentences

Last edited:
The real problem is not that they are crossing athletes to this junior 2. The problem is that NO ONE from the gym will state how many athletes are competing on any other team that is higher than level 2 (whether level 3, 4, 5). Crossing kids from level 5 to level 2 is 100% LEGAL. It is allowed at every competition, apart from NCA All Star Nationals. There is no need to hide the name of a gym because they are crossing athletes from y2 to j5, because it is not against the rules so as long as your information is accurate there is no reason to protect the gym from being called out. One of the most well known gyms in the world, Cheer Extreme, uses crossovers in this same manner. Raleigh this year crosses level 5 to a senior 3 team called "senior 3lite" because it is a just for fun team, composed of a majority of crossovers. The same goes for Kernersville and Y3 Glitter Penguins. That team is composed of multiple youth 5 crossovers (and even some that compete junior 5 as well). We had that debate back in the fall. The parents, while maybe not fond of people questioning their child's team and decisions of the coaches, responded kindly/respectfully/professionally to all of the questions people asked about GP, the crossovers, and why certain kids were crossing. That 100% did not happen here. Your gym owner, who is 5 years older than me, responded in a way that put your gym under the spotlight in a VERY unfavorable way. Everyone on this board has LOVED Jersey Allstars for years. Even athletes and parents from locally competing gyms (ex: WC) have had nothing but great things to say about your gym. Much of this is due to the fabulous reputation that NJ Coach has built on this board for your gym, as well as the great routines the athletes put out. No one really had anything negative to say about JAS. Many people, my 20 year old self included, do not feel the same way any longer because of how this situation was handled. All the owner needed to do was respond to the question. There was no need to over-react, blame people of being out to bash your gym, or have her mother get involved. Also, it is not always about winning for everyone. And it is especially not always about doing whatever is necessary (ex: stack your j2 with above level athletes) to win a cheerleading competition.
ETA: tried to fix some of my run-on sentences

Wait... I haven't read the entire thread so please forgive me for not having all facts yet, but people are angry with them for not answering a question about how many crossovers they have?
I'm going back to read it all now. Just for the record I don't think it's fair for anyone to demand answers about how any gym operates, forms teams, designs uniforms, handles their delinquent accounts, etc. unless there are severe legal and moral issues involved. It's all strategy and business. They may choose to keep their business private. Just because another gym chose to answer and put it all out there doesn't mean everyone else should have to.

I'm just curious about why they MUST answer the question. I'd be upset if any of you demanded the same answer from me. Mostly because I would need to write a three page paper detailing how I formed teams and why I chose to cross who I cross. The intimate details and ins and outs of my teams, and the kids that are on them, isn't just a black and white answer of: "we have 5 crossovers from level 2 to level 3". You don't even get a teeny tiny portion of the picture with that answer.

I'm off to read!

*I'll save my sandbagging comments for the new thread so I don't derail the videos thread any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back