All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I remember from last night that WC Starlites LJ5, WC Twinkles LY5, and CT Cherish SY5 all got at large bids to the summit and SOT LR5 and TG LCR5 got the paid Summit bids. And GA Senior Coed 4 got a paid bid. Those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head though!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I really don't think they give out enough paid Summit bids. For example at NCA, in a Worlds division, if you win your division you are guaranteed a paid bid to Worlds, but if you win NCA in a non-worlds division, you will most likely only receive an at-large. I know a lot of great 1-4 teams that won NCA but didn't receive a paid bid to the Summit, and probably won't be attending because NCA was their only chance for a paid bid. It's sad that a lot of these amazing teams won't be able to go, and then maybe some teams who aren't as great, but went to a smaller Summit bid competition and got a paid bid, will. I know it'd be extremely costly, and I'm not saying that NCA should give a paid bid to every division winner, but hopefully in the future more paid bids will be given.

A paid Summit bid only covers the registration and hotel and a 3 day park hopper pass (I think the total is about $580) unlike a World's bid which pays most everything.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Fierce Board mobile app

A paid Summit bid only covers the registration and hotel and a 3 day park hopper pass (I think the total is about $580) unlike a World's bid which pays most everything.

ETA: sorry wrong post quoted.

This is for @Kris10boo - just wondering why you got another at large bid - if you already had one. Wouldn't your latest bid get passed down to the next eligible?

just wondering why you got another at large bid - if you already had one. Wouldn't your latest bid get passed down to the next eligible?

We got one at ACA, we never paid the deposit or accepted it.

That one hadn't been passed down as of yet.

At Cheerpower they announced us as earning one but when they posted it online and it wasn't listed. I was told because our time on our ACA hadn't expired yet so technically couldn't give us another one because we still had one.

A week later the ACA time limit to accept had passed so we no longer had that at large bid.

So at NCA we just were awarded another one. Which we will not be taking so that one should be passed down eventually when our time to accept it passes.

Last chance to get one is at UCA.

I'm bummed because we would of got the paid yesterday had Cali Roulettes stayed in first in Lg Sr 2. However they went to 2nd and Oaklahoma Twisters got it. I don't think I ever cheered so hard for another gym to win as I did for Cali Roulettes .. That was all we needed to get paid because we were next in line!:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know the gym's rationale for this?

I think we were thinking about it, but they told us we didn't want to accept it because we still have plenty of time to get a paid. So the bid ended up getting passed down at a later time since we didn't accept it.

We also go to UCA, a lot of competitions, and quite a few travel comps as it is. She doesn't want us to end up having to pay even more money to go to Summit.

A paid worlds bid is only like $600/athlete, so it pretty much only covers the same thing.

Anyone know what's happens when there is only one team in the division? I know there are only her chances for teams to get bids but kinda interesting for 4.2

Anyone know what's happens when there is only one team in the division? I know there are only her chances for teams to get bids but kinda interesting for 4.2

There is at least 2 teams in small 4.2. We got one at Cheersport but they have us in the wrong division right now on the list. They have us in small senior 4

Does anybody find the Summit bid process to be a little bit flaky? I'm not talking so much about when a team wins or gets high point or posts a really high score and gets the bid. I'm talking about some of these producers that don't list a bid declaration and/or never post final scores. So nobody ever has any idea how the bids truly got selected. At one recent comp in Texas (not NCA ) there were something like 21 bids given out. Strangely, they ended up getting split almost perfectly between Small, Medium and Large gyms. Call me crazy but typically these groups are split for a reason. The producer does not publish any final scores so there is no way to know how or why some of those bids were awarded, just speculation. Even this past weekend at NCA for non Worlds level 5 there were supposed to be 2 pd and 7 at large. Only 6 of the at large got awarded. Clearly some were passed on since some of the winning teams already had paid or at large bids but it does not appear that they passed down based on percentage of perfection scores across the level. It appears to be more motivated by division than score. So, lets say you were in a division with places 1-3 being separated by tenths of a point and scoring at the high end of the scoresheet, one or both of those 2 and 3 placed teams could get passed over despite outscoring most of the other bid winners. It seems to me if you have available bids, setup that rematch :) If coaches make competition selections with an eye towards trying to get summit bids and then there is no consistency or transparency in how they are awarded, then won't the competition end up being some small percentage of really good teams and then a hodgepodge of less than stellar teams that were awarded simply to fill out the divisions? I hope not, but over time that just might be what happens. If it does there will never be the prestige to the event that they are wanting to develop and I think that would be tragic. Summit is an awesome experience and should be the pinnacle of competition for the athletes, but going and spending the money to go, only to find out you were not even in the ballpark to compete with the top teams is quite the let down. Disney does take a little of the sting away.

How will divisions be broken up? Say you are a small gym bringing a small team 0f 14 girls. I know you are not divided into small gym, but will you be grouped with other small teams of a similar size? Thanks

How will divisions be broken up? Say you are a small gym bringing a small team 0f 14 girls. I know you are not divided into small gym, but will you be grouped with other small teams of a similar size? Thanks

Last year they did not break up any divisions beyond small and large. I think the biggest divisions last year maybe had between 25-30 teams? Originally, they were only going to move the top 5 teams to finals, but for the really big division they stated they would take 50% of the teams up to 10 team to finals. If your division had less than 5 teams, every automatically moved to finals.

Last year they did not break up any divisions beyond small and large. I think the biggest divisions last year maybe had between 25-30 teams? Originally, they were only going to move the top 5 teams to finals, but for the really big division they stated they would take 50% of the teams up to 10 team to finals. If your division had less than 5 teams, every automatically moved to finals.

Yes small senior 3 was the division we were in and it was the largest and I'm thinking 30 teams? And only 10 moved to finals!

We had 15 kids but most the teams had 20 and they did not make an additional break down for the difference in size!

I really liked it, our gyms summit win is a lot more impressive then their NCA wins as far as the break down in divisions just because it was against more teams.

Back