All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Paid bid or not, it is still expensive when you're having to travel from the West Coast. Especially if you've attended NCA and/or UCA one month prior. Not to mention the other four or five weekends away at competitions. Due to the restrictions imposed on teams by virtue of distance I don't even consider the Summit to be an accurate measure of the best teams around (and I won't even begin a rant about the rules inviting stacking). I think they should level the playing field by removing the financial component so that all teams with Paid Bids have equal opportunity to attend. Although unreasonable to imagine all travel costs be paid like Worlds, they could at least attempt to offset travel costs for teams far away to encourage participation. I for one know that even with a Paid Bid California All Stars doesn't always attend the Summit.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
you MUST be in my head!! feel exactly the same! we are from the northeast and although we are closer than you, it is still a HUGE expense. There are still a lot of great teams that don't attend because of this. So it becomes the best of the teams that are able to go. And with no real rules in place as far as stacking teams, it takes away the legitimacy of the win.

Last year we sent 2 teams to the Summit on Paid bids and one of them won which was great. This year we are sending 2 teams again, both on at large bids (the team's parents voted to go on the at large bids). But I personally have mixed feelings. I think the Summit is a great idea but if it is supposed to be a representation of the "best of the best", I just don't see that, at least not yet. Don't get me wrong, all the teams going to the Summit deserve to be there, but in my opinion there are just too many great teams that are not going to be there to be able to call the Summit the "best of the best", which Worlds is. I don't think the way they give out bids or the fact they don't give out enough bids allows enough teams to attend to make this like "Worlds for the lower level teams" which is what I thought it was supposed to be. But I realize this is only the 2nd year and is still a work in progress. And congrats to all the teams that did get bids this year!

you MUST be in my head!! feel exactly the same! we are from the northeast and although we are closer than you, it is still a HUGE expense. There are still a lot of great teams that don't attend because of this. So it becomes the best of the teams that are able to go. And with no real rules in place as far as stacking teams, it takes away the legitimacy of the win.
So many great teams out there Congratulations to all of those who have received bids. Despite a paid bid we won't be attending this year. Until the rules change to discourage stacking it's not worth making the trip . There are legitimately good teams that have worked so hard for their bid. They deserve a fair competition with an honest outcome. Stacking your level 2 & 3 teams with World's athletes isn't fair and isn't right. Is it illegal for Summit ? No, just immoral. For anyone up against a stacked team, be fierce. For all of us, prove to them that stacking doesn't pay and cheaters never prosper. Take home the prize that you've earned. This is why you spent countless hours in the gym. Got this ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

About stacking teams wasn't worlds like this initially? I remember some big gyms refusing to go due to this.

It's crazy that getting a bid to worlds is so much easier than getting a bid to the summit! I think it's because so many gyms are only going for that paid bid! We just returned from NCA with our national champion title but no bid to the summit (which was fine) then yesterday we received an email saying we got an at large bid (probably a hand me down) & that we need to accept or deny by Friday. Now, there are only 3 teams currently in our division (Large 4.2) probably all on at large bids so at the moment we are unsure if we will be attending. It's a huge financial obligation & IF we were to go tryouts would be pushed a week back along with other things...
That's my rant for now!

Congrats, your team was wonderful and I loved watching them at NCA! Just based on the number of 4.2 teams listed as receiving/accepting Summit bids (very few) it appears this needs to be considered as its own division and not lumped in with all of level 4 when handing out bids. A deduction off of a score of 78 hits harder than off of a score of 82, and although a paid bid usually has no deductions so it wouldn't matter, an at large bid can have a small bobble one day and still qualify.
Anyhow, rant over, I'm so happy for your team and hope you all attend!

Congrats, your team was wonderful and I loved watching them at NCA! Just based on the number of 4.2 teams listed as receiving/accepting Summit bids (very few) it appears this needs to be considered as its own division and not lumped in with all of level 4 when handing out bids. A deduction off of a score of 78 hits harder than off of a score of 82, and although a paid bid usually has no deductions so it wouldn't matter, an at large bid can have a small bobble one day and still qualify.
Anyhow, rant over, I'm so happy for your team and hope you all attend!

Thank you so much!!! There are currently 330 teams attending the Summit (71 paid & 259 at large) with 4 large 4.2 teams...being grouped with level 4 teams for bids is what's hurting our level from getting one! Next season we will have 3 opportunities again, this year we won't be attending :(

I guess I'll update for UCA

Stars vipers Y2 got paid (previously got at large at Cheerpower that got passed down)

Stars vipers j2 has earned at large bid at every nationals (4 ACA, Cheerpower, NCA, UCA)
We are trying to convince them to go lol!!!!!

Stars y1 earned at large at UCA today.. (Also earned one at Cheerpower that got passed down) so they probably won't go :( but they did good today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tumble Tech has now earned a bid for all their teams eligible! Small J2 and Small SC4 earned theirs at State in Daytona, Small S3 earned theirs at Cheersport and Small S2 earned theirs yesterday at UCA! Proud Alumni :cloud9:

Back