All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Let's say someone declines their at large Summit bid. Where would that bid go would it get passes down in that division to the 2nd place team or the next team or would the bid go back to Varsity?
I know if a team has an at-large and then wins a paid at a later comp, the original at-large gets passed down to the next team in line from the comp where the at-large was originally awarded. Hope that makes sense. I'd think then the same would apply to an at-large being declined, that it would be passed down to the next team.
Last season I seem to remember teams had to declare if they would accept a Summit bid if they earned one before the competition began (so that bids were not given to teams who had no intentions of attending) but I do not know if that is the case this season.

Twisters are same! And bids are not plentiful on east coast it seems. So between cheersport and NCA - the lottery sounds easier! Lol :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Curious do any other teams besides us 'Jersey' deny at large bids? I know with all the traveling hotel stays and Cheersport in Atlanta another trip to Disney would be too costly unless we earned the full paid bid.
The California All Stars will only take teams to The Summit who earn a paid bid

This past weekend was my first time ever seeing Stars Vipers. I had never even really heard of the gym before. They pretty much cleaned house in every division they competed in. Very clean, very difficult, very creative routines! Definitely a gym I will keep on my radar from now on. ;-)

Valley Cheer Elite and Loredo All stars are also two South Texas gyms that are always soooo good and soooo hard to beat! So everyone coming to NCA watch out if Stars Vipers, Valley Cheer or Loredo All Stars is in your division. You better be ready to bring it!!

This link will take you to The Summit information pdf. It explains the value of the paid bids.
iPaper
I must be blind ... I don't see where it discusses the value of paid bids. I see where it shows the cost of a travel package - does it say anywhere that it is covered under a paid bid?

I must be blind ... I don't see where it discusses the value of paid bids. I see where it shows the cost of a travel package - does it say anywhere that it is covered under a paid bid?

It is my understanding with a "paid" bid the actual athletes don't receive any money. It coveres the competition fees and your hopper pass. It will cover a portition of you hotel if you stay at All Sports. (If you choose to stay somewhere else you will not be able to transfer the money.) If you stay at All Sports, the Magical Express will be included as transortation to and from the airport. You also get your ticket to the athlete party covered.

It is explained on the bottom, left corner of page 5.

Page 5 "Accommodations" - Bottom Left, under "PAID BIDS" It explains how the "up to $521" can be used.

We got 4 more At large bids at American Cheerpower

Stars Vipers
Youth 2
Junior 2 (again)
Senior 5 restricted
Senior 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are Stars now accepting at-large bids? I thought you mentioned before that they only accept paid bids. But I could totally be thinking of someone else.

Are Stars now accepting at-large bids? I thought you mentioned before that they only accept paid bids. But I could totally be thinking of someone else.

All our parents want to go as they think we will be great there. Prior to bid season they said only Paids but now that we have some Paids and a bunch of at larges a lot of parents have been trying to convince them to let us go. They haven't said no and people are willing to fundraiser a lot. I think if enough people get on board they will let them go. They just don't want to make the parents mad because we already travel a lot and will also be at UCA Disney.

So yes it was me who said that, but I think a lot has changed and people are really excited! We only have two more chances to get paid and that's NCA and UCA. Which will be harder to come by at NCA but that's where ours came from last season.

Personally I want to go, and I'd rather accept the at-large now and if we get paid just upgrade. That way I can start fundraising. I'm worried we won't get it till UCA and my time fundraising will be cut short, so I think everyone just rather know they are going and have to pay for it then wait till the last minute to find out. So no one knows, it's a work in progress but I don't know anyone who personally doesn't want to go!

All our parents want to go as they think we will be great there. Prior to bid season they said only Paids but now that we have some Paids and a bunch of at larges a lot of parents have been trying to convince them to let us go. They haven't said no and people are willing to fundraiser a lot. I think if enough people get on board they will let them go. They just don't want to make the parents mad because we already travel a lot and will also be at UCA Disney.

So yes it was me who said that, but I think a lot has changed and people are really excited! We only have two more chances to get paid and that's NCA and UCA. Which will be harder to come by at NCA but that's where ours came from last season.

Personally I want to go, and I'd rather accept the at-large now and if we get paid just upgrade. That way I can start fundraising. I'm worried we won't get it till UCA and my time fundraising will be cut short, so I think everyone just rather know they are going and have to pay for it then wait till the last minute to find out. So no one knows, it's a work in progress but I don't know anyone who personally doesn't want to go![/
quote]

Got it!

Do you know of you're owners officially accepted the bids? There's a very short window to accept and pay the deposit after the bid is awarded. My CPs' J5 received an at-large last season and I remember that they only had a few days to accept or decline. And then the deposit had to be paid within a couple weeks. I only mention that since you said the parents were trying to convince them to let them go. I remember the clock was ticking for us to make a decision.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/URL

Got it!

Do you know of you're owners officially accepted the bids? There's a very short window to accept and pay the deposit after the bid is awarded. My CPs' J5 received an at-large last season and I remember that they only had a few days to accept or decline. And then the deposit had to be paid within a couple weeks. I only mention that since you said the parents were trying to convince them to let them go. I remember the clock was ticking for us to make a decision.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/URL
Right I remember that last year when some parents wanted to go on our at large then. I'm not sure, this is the first practice back since the new at large bids for those teams. I'm sure it will be discussed but I will say I don't believe the parents dying to go will change anyone's minds. We will see soon!

Back