All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of my teams got one, though it's not listed yet...Carolina Spirit Athletics Large Senior 4.
and I do have to chime in...although we're in NC, and probably one of the closest to Florida in comparison to people from the West coast and Northeast, it's still a HUGE expense and they still have the parents vote on it. Regardless of how far you come from, there's still the expense of hotels, food, admission (which lord knows is such a crazy price)...etc etc etc. We will be flying as we did last year, and getting a rental car because it would be too complicated to drive and take too many days...but some of our families drive! I couldn't imagine going on an At-Large like we are, and being from California. So I think this is what's holding many amazing teams back from going unless on a paid! People simply cannot afford it with all these teams traveling to huge nationals nowadays. it's kinda sad to me because some kids are seniors and aren't level 5, but the gyms/parents can't afford it :(

How do they determine which teams make it to finals at the summit, where can I find that information.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Last year, the top 5 in each division moved on. In divisions with 5 or less, all moved on.

How do they determine which teams make it to finals at the summit, where can I find that information.

This is from the "Frequently Asked Questions" on the Summit event page:

How many teams advance to finals?

All divisions with 10 or less teams in Semi Finals will have 5 teams advance to finals.
All divisions with 11-19 teams in Semi Finals will have 50% of the division advance to finals.
All divisions with 20 or more teams in Semi Finals will have 10 teams in the division advance to finals.

I'm assuming no but thought I'd ask, is it possible to get a group discount on tickets to the Summit? The only thing I've read is that it's $25/person per day.

Hey I don't want to seem like I am whining:cow:...The Summit is a good idea for divisions with many teams... but right now, the Summit is not a practical thing for divisions with limited teams, such as Youth 5... I noticed, not a single Youth 5 team received a paid bid to Summit, as of right now, and I know, going on an at large bid is not practical to the parents because of limited competition in this division and many gyms are refusing to send them on an at large bid...so I hope, in the future, the Youth 5 division can be included in the Summit competition... :(

Not possible for same team. Only 5 can cross over. Must b a mistake. Maybe wrong team from that gym is listed in one.

unless they havent removed them from the summit listing but they just updated it and I know they paid the deposit for the summit prior to recieving the at large to worlds. you would think they would call and want their money back

Hey I don't want to seem like I am whining:cow:...The Summit is a good idea for divisions with many teams... but right now, the Summit is not a practical thing for divisions with limited teams, such as Youth 5... I noticed, not a single Youth 5 team received a paid bid to Summit, as of right now, and I know, going on an at large bid is not practical to the parents because of limited competition in this division and many gyms are refusing to send them on an at large bid...so I hope, in the future, the Youth 5 division can be included in the Summit competition... :(
Youth Elite earned a paid bid yesterday at Battle at the Beach! So, there's hope for Y5! Hopefully next year it works out even better for all of those talented little athletes on these youth teams!

Youth Elite earned a paid bid yesterday at Battle at the Beach! So, there's hope for Y5! Hopefully next year it works out even better for all of those talented little athletes on these youth teams!

Good to hear this news about Cheer Extreme, but it may be too late for my daughter's team... Will probably need to wait until next year for the Summit...

Back