All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's impressive, to be able to put the kind of routines on the floor that CE consistently does with on day a week of practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When we were on CE (2013-2014) we practiced Sunday and Wednesday pretty much as standard. We shared the Wednesday practice with SE (Which were always my favorites because they turned it into their own "which team will hit better" fest and were very supportive of each other great gym energy on Wednesdays). But sometimes we'd go to Salem on Wednesday if they were working on something and didn't want to share floor time. Occasionally CE would get a Wednesday off (maybe once a month) because YE or LE would take that slot.

The Charlotte teams when we were there (same year, different cp) really kept to one day a week plus a tumbling class but with CE we were making that drive every Sunday (Easter Sunday included, that was worlds week our year) and every Wednesday at a minimum. When choreography came, or big competitions it was more like 3-4 days a week and the night before the competition (or the night between competition days at the venue). Practice usually went 2-3 hours at the gym unless it was competition time and then you were done when the coaching staff got tired :) the initial choreography weekend for us we were in the gym a total of 22 hours over the course of a weekend.

Last edited:
CP 12 made Senior 5/Senior Elite and Coex (Sr Coed 3/4). CP10 made Y1 Mustangs. Here's to a good year.

The Kernersville gym only has one mat correct? I wonder why Courtney hasn't built a new gym yet. They have many athletes so im sure they can swing it.

Seems crazy to have all those teams and only 1 mat.

Yes, we only have one full floor. There's a smaller floor that the athletes use for warming up, stretching, stunting, etc. But usually if we're sharing a practice, they alternate turns on the main floor.

The Kernersville gym only has one mat correct? I wonder why Courtney hasn't built a new gym yet. They have many athletes so im sure they can swing it.

Seems crazy to have all those teams and only 1 mat.

So far we're able to make it work. I'm sure if that changes, she'll make that adjustment. But for now it works. And like Judy said some of the best practices are those where 2 teams are switching off not only for the connection it builds between teams but it also gives teams a breather which, the don't get a lot of of they're the only ones there.

That's impressive, to be able to put the kind of routines on the floor that CE consistently does with on day a week of practice.

I feel this is because they are very good at knowing what they want to accomplish at each practice. They've developed an effective SOP as far as practices go and do a great job utilizing every minute to it's fullest potential. There's not a lot of standing around in the thick of the season. (Choreography changes excluded). I would guess most big gyms are just from past experiences very good at making the best use of their time in the gym and don't believe this is exclusive to us.

As far as 22 hours over choreography camp weekend, I thought most all teams do this? No? Anybody else want to share how long their choreography weekends were and level of team? Because our Tinys of minis aren't spending 22 hours on choreography in 3 days. (This is not directed to anyone....just didn't want to quote 12 steps post lol).

I feel this is because they are very good at knowing what they want to accomplish at each practice. They've developed an effective SOP as far as practices go and do a great job utilizing every minute to it's fullest potential. There's not a lot of standing around in the thick of the season. (Choreography changes excluded). I would guess most big gyms are just from past experiences very good at making the best use of their time in the gym and don't believe this is exclusive to us.

As far as 22 hours over choreography camp weekend, I thought most all teams do this? No? Anybody else want to share how long their choreography weekends were and level of team? Because our Tinys of minis aren't spending 22 hours on choreography in 3 days. (This is not directed to anyone....just didn't want to quote 12 steps post lol).
My one year of all star at a medium sized gym was about 8-10 hours for each team, high school cheer was about the same. I'm sure it varies greatly gym to gym though. I can't imagine spending that much time on the initial choreography session, tweaks were made throughout the season obviously.

At my old small gym, we went to World Cup over two days and probably spent about 8 hours each day with a lunch getting choreography from Tiy.

Gyms are smart not to expand unless absolutely necessary. More space means more money spent in rent (in most cases for a 3-5 year minimum commitment), utilities, supplies, etc while your income is not necessarily increasing. I feel like CPs' gym is too small at times, but there is a big difference in "nice to have" versus "must have" and I understand the financial aspects involved in acquiring more space (and increased issues if location needs to be moved in order to expand). I am not sure that I see this industry increasing in numbers given the increased participant expense year after year. There seems to be fewer mini and youth teams than ever before.

^^^^Also, Murphy's Law states that once you expand to get more mat space, you'll most likely have a drop in new athlete registrations that will make you kick yourself for doing it.

You end up with 2 floors, sky high rent, and like 20% fewer kids.

Us being a regular sized gym and youth 1- restricted 5 we spend between 16-23 hours depending on the team and choreographer that comes in and we do it over 3 days. Usually 2 long days and a short day in terms of choreo till they get them done.
I think one season not sure which but the choreographer that did Jaylen's team and one other only did like 14hrs each and the choreographer that did the other teams had each of them for around 22 hours. I guess it just depends on what each choreographer says they need with each team and the size. I will find out our choreo times and dates this weekend and I'm curious to see if it differs.

We do two 7 hour days of stunt/pyro, that's mostly games and team bonding (with an hour for lunch each day) then a later choreo date of the same length/time.

My cp's gym does 2 full days and 1 half day of choreography. Around 20 hours in all, including an hour of lunch, games and team bonding.
Forgot to add this is all levels 1-5 don't recall seeing the Tinys and minis there the whole day.

How do you manage three teams? Are you in the gym seven days a week or do you go straight from one practice to another?
We did 3 teams last season. Honestly, it was crazy busy, but not impossible at all! We made some great memories, and my CP grew so much!!! 3 teams is NOT something I'd do every season, but all in all it wasn't horrible.

Back