All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've always thought the individuals that ran each location for a gym would have a get together to discuss which locations would be fielding which teams, that's why a gym like Cheer Athletics never has more than one Worlds team per division.

I saw a photo posted by the Orange Rays twitter account during their Senior banquet and it looked like there were at least 15 of them who were Seniors. Though, I could be wrong......
CA had 2 medium coeds originally last year until RoyalCats lost some boys and went small coed. It's not unheard of, TG, WC, ACE, probably more, have all had multiple teams in the same worlds division. Even WC had 2 teams in the same division from the same location one year.

ETA: I don't think it would be a smart business move to form your teams based on what other locations have/are planning to have, I think most gyms just work with what they have to form the best teams they can.

i cant imagine orange going from large to small, how many seniors did they lose?

I remember a while back.... i think it was @garretttt ? ... who gave us some insight into how they decide which worlds team you make and that they tried to keep stunt groups as consistent as possible. so when peach switched large to medium, they lost a stunt group or two graduating and it made sense because the core group of girls stayed together. as people graduate new kids are filtered into the "holes" in the stunt groups. that, of course, could have changed and they could start teams from scratch every season now. I have no idea.

If they lost that many, it's possible they could switch... but I'd say 12-18 seniors graduating each season seems about average in the large senior division and they all make it work every year. They all have too large a level 5 athlete pool to choose from to NOT go large.

I remember a while back.... i think it was @garretttt ? ... who gave us some insight into how they decide which worlds team you make and that they tried to keep stunt groups as consistent as possible. so when peach switched large to medium, they lost a stunt group or two graduating and it made sense because the core group of girls stayed together. as people graduate new kids are filtered into the "holes" in the stunt groups. that, of course, could have changed and they could start teams from scratch every season now. I have no idea.

If they lost that many, it's possible they could switch... but I'd say 12-18 seniors graduating each season seems about average in the large senior division and they all make it work every year. They all have too large a level 5 athlete pool to choose from to NOT go large.
Wow..... I had no idea.

Didn't they have 2 5R teams last season? Sugar & Spice? (Side note: I adore that). And green was large so they have that to pull from. GA seems very saturated with cheer teams so I can imagine they get new athletes every year.

I would be extremely surprised if Rays went Small/Medium with Orange and Peach. The only way I can see rays have orange go small is if they have a Small, Medium, and Large All Girl or add a small or medium coed on top of steel. But I'd like to see the former happen ;)

I saw a photo posted by the Orange Rays twitter account during their Senior banquet and it looked like there were at least 15 of them who were Seniors. Though, I could be wrong......

I wonder how many of them can (and will) super senior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange how graduating classes have waves of talent in specific areas. I know cp's school had 12 Varsity competition cheerleaders graduate this year on a team of 16, and surrounding schools were losing a large amount of talent, as well. This year her school had substantially less athletes in all areas trying out for sports. With there being a huge economic down turn 7 years ago, it would make sense that parents would cut out kids activities first. It will be interesting to see if the talent is much younger on the level 5 teams the next couple of years.

I wonder how many of them can (and will) super senior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think the ones that are eligible are super senioring, I saw so many tweets by the main Stingray Twitter account congratulating individuals from Orange, Peach, Steel and Crystal for making college teams.

Genesis is the old Keystone Elite location and Phoenix is the old Rocket location, right? or am I mixing that up? I always mix it up and get them and their teams confused lol
correct genesis was formally keystone extreme while phoenix was formally rocket elite

Oooooh...... how exciting, just when you think they've run out of colours/fruits:
33ncoer.jpg

30k6l3o.jpg

ETA: A new Worlds team?
2ylmhsi.jpg

Last edited:
Back