Afro minis
Anonymous

Dance

HH- Hip Hop

SJHH. A. Avalanche

Cheerupsates tweeted
Medsr5 - ladies of teal
Lrgsr5 - senior elite

They have an official instagram srelite_ladiesofteal where they've posted a pic of ladies of teal, and I believe they'll reveal more about the teams throughout the camp.

Cheerupsates tweeted
Medsr5 - ladies of teal
Lrgsr5 - senior elite
Not that it's my circus but Senior Elite ARE the ladies of teal so this makes no sense to me. I feel like it takes away from the "real Senior Elite" and medium needs their own identity.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Not that it's my circus but Senior Elite ARE the ladies of teal so this makes no sense to me. I feel like it takes away from the "real Senior Elite" and medium needs their own identity.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
That's what went through my head..I would have preferred Medium Elite or something that went with the other names from Kville. Although I think their r5 is Ladies of Kville.

Obviously, I'm not a coach. But I do have a daughter at CEA Kville who received one of the 'Senior 5' envelopes at tryouts. I may have a bit of insight, at least from the parent perspective.

My CP was a YE veteran. Around tryout time, CSP pulled us parents to the side and told us that they were overwhelmed with the talent that they had going into next season. I don't remember the exact number, but I want to say it was 18 girls moving up and 15 had doubles (or something like that, not 100% sure because I can't tell the difference visually in a full and a double... I'm that cheer ignorant). Anyway, she was asking for parents to give her ideas for managing it because there simply wasn't enough room to put them all on SE and Coed. LE is a great team, but sometimes it was unfortunately seen as the 'JV team'. Although my CP would have personally been thrilled to be put on that team, many would not have felt the same way. CSP and Sarah wanted to come up with a way to overcome that feeling and move forward instilling confidence in all of them that they were talented and worthy, there just wasn't enough room for them. She ran several ideas by us (one of which was a large group of senior 5 kids) and the general consensus was that we trusted her judgement. Personally, I feel that they have done a great job with making all 66 girls feel important and special. Instead of there being disappointment over opening the 'JV Team' envelope, the girls now feel like they're on a 'mini senior elite' team and it's made their confidence soar. I don't think it was ever meant to detract from the prestige of SE or take away anything from them. I think it was meant as a confidence builder to a very young team girls who all have dreams of being on SE. It's been so much fun to watch them learn from their idols, and get to practice the same stunts right beside them. It reminded them that, yes... they are SE but they can do these things too.

My CP is on the Medium/LoT team and she couldn't be happier with it. They are showing great potential and talent already. I'm sure they will need some time to mature a bit and get worlds ready, but overall it's a talented team and we're excited. It's going to be a great year.

((again... just a parental perspective))

My CP is on the Medium/LoT team and she couldn't be happier with it. They are showing great potential and talent already. I'm sure they will need some time to mature a bit and get worlds ready, but overall it's a talented team and we're excited. It's going to be a great year.

((again... just a parental perspective))

Congrats to your CP!!

Just out of curiosity and not attempting to throw shade or anything--what uniform are they going to wear?

If CEA didn't have 'Ladies of Teal' in their music all the time, I might be a bit more 'blah'..but it would fit for a team where they wanted a new name and a fresh start where they're trying to avoid feeling like the 'JV team.'

Back