All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@mstealtoyou I only ask this because you had said your CP is on Phoenix. It seems like there are quite a few worlds crossovers to that team and you had said it was more of a fun team(which makes total sense and sounded like a good way for aged out athletes to continue cheering without the pressure) but I've seen some athletes talk about worlds and getting a bid with Phoenix. Has anything changed with the goal of that team?

I am simply confused why the focus wouldn't be on ending the stigma that one team is considered "JV" when it is the same level team - if there is this much talent flooding this gym, why not make another successful team? It seems like that would be much more rewarding in the long game then having to do things like changing the name to "remind these girls that they are talented" and that we just didn't have room for you... IMO, that only "demotes" LE more.

@mstealtoyou I only ask this because you had said your CP is on Phoenix. It seems like there are quite a few worlds crossovers to that team and you had said it was more of a fun team(which makes total sense and sounded like a good way for aged out athletes to continue cheering without the pressure) but I've seen some athletes talk about worlds and getting a bid with Phoenix. Has anything changed with the goal of that team?

This is the first time I've Mom'ed an International team. I'm learning as I go! I asked if getting a bid will be on our radar this season and she said maybe, possibly. I know we normally have no problems replacing crossovers so I don't foresee that being an issue of she chooses to try and taken them to worlds. Nothing is guaranteed. We'd still have to get a bid first.

I am simply confused why the focus wouldn't be on ending the stigma that one team is considered "JV" when it is the same level team - if there is this much talent flooding this gym, why not make another successful team? It seems like that would be much more rewarding in the long game then having to do things like changing the name to "remind these girls that they are talented" and that we just didn't have room for you... IMO, that only "demotes" LE more.

I don't know....there's a stigma? I loved LE!!!

I never said this much talent flooded the gym. The 20 aged out YE kids have been here since they were 4/5 years old. We're making 2 teams who we feel will be successful, just like you suggested.

Some things I'm not privy to, nor do I want to be. I guess you have questions only CSP can answer. PM me, I'll be happy to share her number and you can get it straight from her.

I don't know....there's a stigma? I loved LE!!!

I never said this much talent flooded the gym. The 20 aged out YE kids have been here since they were 4/5 years old. We're making 2 teams who we feel will be successful, just like you suggested.

Some things I'm not privy to, nor do I want to be. I guess you have questions only CSP can answer. PM me, I'll be happy to share her number and you can get it straight from her.

Not necessary, mstealtoyou, I apologize. I was referencing 336Teal's post stating, "LE is a great team, but sometimes it was unfortunately seen as the 'JV team'" - If someone from inside the gym personally recognizes and knows that the team is sometimes "unfortunately seen" this way, I personally would try to find a solution to change that.

Athletes need to recognize that as the sport continues to grow, the likelihood of always making the "premiere" teams at gyms is going to diminish, and therefore it is best to work towards making all teams feel like they have the "premiere" (term I hate, but don't know how else to describe) adjective associated with their team.

I'm sure not too many season ago there were a few kiddos at stingrays "upset" over getting a call that they were on peach when their hearts were set on orange their whole cheer lives... and look at them now. If you believe in your gym and stick with it, you'll get there. no coach, no matter the gym is purposely trying to set their kids up to fail. The nature of the large-gym beast is that there are too many teams so you may not get the exact one you have been working for.. and sometimes that works out for the best.

I know we normally have no problems replacing crossovers so I don't foresee that being an issue of she chooses to try and taken them to worlds. Nothing is guaranteed. We'd still have to get a bid first.

giphy.gif

(...I have a fierce cartwheel and solid level 3 backing skills)

Yes, senior elite are the ladies of teal, but so is the medium senior team if you think about it. Cali Aces have used Lady Bullets in their music before, because they are in fact lady bullets also. Lol

SN: Lady Bullets should get a pass on the hate for the 'lady' thing. All of these other teams came after. Haha

Yes, senior elite are the ladies of teal, but so is the medium senior team if you think about it. Cali Aces have used Lady Bullets in their music before, because they are in fact lady bullets also. Lol

SN: Lady Bullets should get a pass on the hate for the 'lady' thing. All of these other teams came after. Haha
. We've been the Ladies of Teal for about 8 years now. Not sure how that holds up to how long Lady Bullets have used it. Lmao

Not necessary, mstealtoyou, I apologize. I was referencing 336Teal's post stating, "LE is a great team, but sometimes it was unfortunately seen as the 'JV team'" - If someone from inside the gym personally recognizes and knows that the team is sometimes "unfortunately seen" this way, I personally would try to find a solution to change that.

Athletes need to recognize that as the sport continues to grow, the likelihood of always making the "premiere" teams at gyms is going to diminish, and therefore it is best to work towards making all teams feel like they have the "premiere" (term I hate, but don't know how else to describe) adjective associated with their team.

Completely understandable! I fear part of the reason is because we live in a generation of entitlement. It's not an honor to make these premiere teams anymore. Everyone "deserves" it......that's what I hear or read more often than not. (And I just mean this in general....the cheer world as a whole not us specifically). Otherwise WHY would psycho moms run IG accts for 4 year olds hashtagging #futurewildcat. Just a different cheer world we live In Now. Where the next suzie cheerlebrity is being pimped to the masses with daily videos of 4 year olds being stunted by 30 year old coaches at their three times a week privates?!?

Back