All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are always scholarships available for college, whether it be sponsorships by the local government/private companies (we have that here at least) of where these kids come from or even scholarships by the institution itself (private ones)... I suppose it's safe to assume that these guys are here for cheer and not college with a side of cheer, so whatever I've said up to this point regarding them going under student visa could be all wrong.

I'm not sure if there's a student exchange visa? Wasn't there a (I want to say) Norwegian girl on CEA Senior Elite a couple of seasons back? She was doing a year-long exchange with some high school in NC which also allowed her to cheer.

Yes, exchange is really common here in the north, you normally go through an organisation who help you with visas and all. I'm pretty sure there's a special exchange visa that's valid for about a year, you can prolong it though. I think Ulrikke(she's not a minor so I think it's okay to name her?) fixed pretty much everything herself though. :)

I have no idea how they work. It may be the easiest, but it is hella expensive to be a full time student in the US. Unless college was already part of the plan, I can't imagine kids getting that just to cheer here.

If those kids are on senior teams they could also go to a local high school which would obviously be not as expensive.

Wouldn't a tourist visa imply that you are not a legal resident, but merely passing through and, well, touristing? If a tourist visa IS recognised by the usasf as being a legal resident in the country the gym you are competing for is from, then they have to accept a visa waiver stamp because they are the same thing. The visa waiver programme is designed to save time/paperwork/money with countries in good standing with the U.S.- ie they have the same legal standing as a tourist visa, the only exception being for a shorter duration of time.

My daughter made hydra 3 at our gym.

We are all snake names and I was so confused as to what it was because all the others are obvious snake names

So I asked and they named it hydra meaning 3 headed snake lol since it is a level 3 team.

I have not seen any other team with hydra in it so that is pretty cool!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I believe an Hydra appeared in Greek Mythology, not as a 3 headed snake or serpent, but has I think 4 heads and if one head is cut off, 2 heads will emerged in its place...I think I saw an Hydra in Jason and the Argonauts, Percy Jackson movie and I believe in Homer's epic - Ulysses and/or Odyssey...

Wouldn't a tourist visa imply that you are not a legal resident, but merely passing through and, well, touristing? If a tourist visa IS recognised by the usasf as being a legal resident in the country the gym you are competing for is from, then they have to accept a visa waiver stamp because they are the same thing. The visa waiver programme is designed to save time/paperwork/money with countries in good standing with the U.S.- ie they have the same legal standing as a tourist visa, the only exception being for a shorter duration of time.

Yet, a tourist visa is only valid for three months. After that you are staying illegally, and I do not think that anyone nor their team would like an athlete to leave every three months and get a new tourist visa all the time!

Yet, a tourist visa is only valid for three months. After that you are staying illegally, and I do not think that anyone nor their team would like an athlete to leave every three months and get a new tourist visa all the time!
Oh honey I'm well aware of that; my point is that a tourist visa and a visa waiver are essentially the same thing, and neither provide "legal residency". For international kids to cheer for an American gyms under the new rule, they would need to study (which is very expensive) or be sponsored for a work visa (hard to obtain).

Blessed- in more ways than one- to have had my season at the blue and black gym before this poorly thought out rule was introduced.

Oh honey I'm well aware of that; my point is that a tourist visa and a visa waiver are essentially the same thing, and neither provide "legal residency". For international kids to cheer for an American gyms under the new rule, they would need to study (which is very expensive) or be sponsored for a work visa (hard to obtain).

Blessed- in more ways than one- to have had my season at the blue and black gym before this poorly thought out rule was introduced.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of visa/paperwork did you need/have to cheer in the US?

CDsgpHJVEAEjFIP.jpg

I want to cry at the name wiggles for a tiny team, so cute.
I know! And I love Spice Girls as a name!

Back