All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally Im confused why some programs make such a big deal out of their showcases when they show so little. they hardly ever do a complete routine, and they do a whole routine to the 8 count track. But then sucker people out of buying a crappy video feed for it, acting like the showcase is gonna be this great big thing.

I hate to say I agree with this; our showcase is actually much later in the year (CP starts competing next month, showcase is at the end of January) and it makes me feel much better that by the time they're showing off for friends and family they'll look more put together.

I hate to say I agree with this; our showcase is actually much later in the year (CP starts competing next month, showcase is at the end of January) and it makes me feel much better that by the time they're showing off for friends and family they'll look more put together.

I hear that, but I actually thought the idea of these showcases was to get you in uniform and out of the floor, warmed up to performing in front of a crowd BEFORE you head off to your first competition of the season and do it in front of an even bigger crowd and some judges.

I hear that, but I actually thought the idea of these showcases was to get you in uniform and out of the floor, warmed up to performing in front of a crowd BEFORE you head off to your first competition of the season and do it in front of an even bigger crowd and some judges.

I think that is the point of the Showcase, but when you're still marking parts of your routine it's not really warming you up for anything.

I think that is the point of the Showcase, but when you're still marking parts of your routine it's not really warming you up for anything.
I wonder if some of the teams are marking because they aren't ready, maybe the coaches don't want them getting hurt throwing skills they don't completely have solid at that moment, I'm pretty sure Cali doesn't start their comp season till November. With them marking their jumps maybe the coaches think their jumps are janky and they don't want them to do them till they get them just right, thank goodness my cp's gym doesn't have their showcase till Nov, because if we had it now, they would be marking also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if some of the teams are marking because they aren't ready, maybe the coaches don't want them getting hurt throwing skills they don't completely have solid at that moment, I'm pretty sure Cali doesn't start their comp season till November. With them marking their jumps maybe the coaches think their jumps are janky and they don't want them to do them till they get them just right, thank goodness my cp's gym doesn't have their showcase till Nov, because if we had it now, they would be marking also.

This > coaches who tell them to "just throw it"
ETA actually I want to add to this. My sister moved up from level 1 to level 2 last year, and that doesn't sound like a big jump, but it can be for a kid. At the showcase, her team didn't do jumps (bc they had changed the sequence that week), she didn't throw her running tumbling (and was supposed to), and her stunt dropped (and tbh it was her fault). They weren't a hot mess or anything, but others probably thought they "weren't ready" to be performing that. Well, physically they were, but the showcase allowed them to get in the right place mentally. At every comp that season, their stunt never dropped and she /always/ threw her running tumbling. It was better to make those mistakes in front of family and friends where it didn't actually count, and get it out of their system, than at the first comp (which for them was where they won their Summit Bid). I think even if you aren't going totally full out, a practice run in front of real people is beneficial. Or at least, it was for them.

Last edited:

That is exactly what I meant; if the majority of your teams aren't ready---and this is an every year type of thing---don't have a showcase so early? I would much rather have someone not throw something than get hurt, but to travel all the way to Vegas for the big showcase it's lackluster. And it's not only an issue with Cali; other bigger gyms have the same issues. I respect SMOED for not going because they weren't ready and were dealing with injuries.

I agree with this. And this was the 1st showcase of the season. Why show all the tricks up your sleeve in October? Too much time for others to copy.
I personally believe the majority of Cali's teams looked competition ready after watching the showcase

Back