All-Star 2015-2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yea I'm sure that's a strenuous commute! One of my former athletes goes to USC and commuted from there to San Marcos to compete on Lady Bullets last season and that around a4 hour commute for her!

I myself commuted 3-5 hours depending on traffic to coach at an Allstar gym until I actually moved locally maybe halfway into the season and then my commute was only 30mins to an hour depending on Baltimore/Washington, DC traffic.

Any commute between LA and San Diego is horrible!!! I get hives just thinking about the traffic down there!

I live in Orange County right now and it takes me like an hour to drive 15 miles to work sometimes. It can be way worse, but my god the traffic here is awful.

Our gym always does a showcase in October yet we don't compete until early/mid December. So that leaves the showcase with some tumbling, don't even think about seeing a pyramid :help:, maybe one or two stunts, and definitely no music. I dislike the showcase and would prefer it be an end of the season event instead unless they wait until sometime mid November when all routines SHOULD be 100% ready to go.

This is mostly my thoughts too. For us personally, the showcase is when I invite family and friends to attend because asking them to drive hours away to turn around and get charged for parking and then a ridiculously high entrance fee seems rude/unnecessary. So, in my eyes, showcase should be no different than competition ready because it's for those you care about to come and watch you perform. If CP's showcase was watered down (I understand watered to some point because you build on difficulty as the season progressions---but for it just not to be there at all) and marked, I don't think I'd bother inviting them. And this isn't a Cali call-out since technically I wouldn't have asked anyone to fly to Vegas for that...but just an in general. As a parent, I'd want them to hold off until they were 100% mat ready, but that's just me.

Really? Oh my. It's around 40 miles from Livermore to Berkeley. I can't imagine the commute from school to cheer practice. Kudos to her!

Is 40 miles that bad in that area of California? We do about 35 miles one way and I can get the drive done in about 45-50 minutes.

Is 40 miles that bad in that area of California? We do about 35 miles one way and I can get the drive done in about 45-50 minutes.

California has notorious bad traffic, especially in the SoCal and the San Francisco areas.

Sometimes it takes me an hour to drive 15 miles for work, and I live in Orange County, which is south of LA.

California has notorious bad traffic, especially in the SoCal and the San Francisco areas.

Sometimes it takes me an hour to drive 15 miles for work, and I live in Orange County, which is south of LA.
Ugh yes LA traffic sucks. I lived there only for a few months before moving up north to the Auburn area. I drove longer distances to get to places like Sac town/Roseville but it beat all that traffic in LA.

**I promise I don't eat kids and I am not gross looking**

I used to wonder how DC ranks worse than LA when it comes to traffic after experiencing LA traffic when I visited there. But then I'm reminded every day when it takes me 2.5-3 hours to go the 30 miles home from work/school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's so bad that when I visit LA, I tend to just sit there screaming and/or crying in my car for the whole journey.

I used to wonder how DC ranks worse than LA when it comes to traffic after experiencing LA traffic when I visited there. But then I'm reminded every day when it takes me 2.5-3 hours to go the 30 miles home from work/school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yes! I went to LA for vacay and experienced the traffic thinking it would be worse and said to myself "this isn't that bad, idk why they complain". I can't wait for the Champions League, so they can taste a snippet of what we go through here. For those of you coming to the Champions League I dare you to ride I-95 south on friday.

Back