OT 2016 Rio Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Randoms question, Australia's flag is red, white and blue but why do they wear green (teal?) and yellow?

I didn't die until I saw someone comment saying that they had been in the arena when Kevin Ware broke his leg, and seeing the gymnast break his leg was much worse because they could hear the bone snap. Until then, I was able to convince myself he just had a weirdly proportioned leg and the break was just his knee...

No!!! OH NO!!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

.....and after that I would like to take a moment remind everyone I am an adult.... I feel the need to say that since I just squirmed around in my seat flailing my arms in the air and felt very much like a child....... hahah

Randoms question, Australia's flag is red, white and blue but why do they wear green (teal?) and yellow?
It's their national colors. I like to say the bluer looking shade is Perry the Platypus inspired.

It's ok, just go look at "#theinternetnamesanimals" on twitter. (Renaming snakes as "Danger Noodles" is necessary.)

Oh yes!!! So much yes!!!! That was the hardest I've laughed at something in a long time!!!!!!!!! So much goodness all in one hashtag!

It's the national team colors, there are several countries like that. Like the Netherlands with orange and Japan wears blue a lot.

CpYvY8ZUEAAeA2b.jpg

I LIVE for Lilly King the US swimmer calling out the Russian for doping.

Funny thing is that she's from a town less than 20 minutes from where I live. There are lots of hilarious (and not appropriate ) billboard signs around town on the topic of and the Russian doping.

I just watched a video of Russia's synchronized swimming routine and I am in awe. That was the strangest thing I have ever seen but also so awesome

ETA I just realized it was a video from London lol I'm dumb, but still the craziest thing I've seen.
Both their synchronised swimming and rhythmic gymnastic teams are incredible, definitely something to look out for later in these Games.

Funny thing is that she's from a town less than 20 minutes from where I live. There are lots of hilarious (and not appropriate ) billboard signs around town on the topic of and the Russian doping.

please share with the class (or with me via PM for a post I'm writing)

Back