All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was JUST looking to see if this had already been discussed:

2016 Summit Crossover Policies

1. Only 5 athletes can crossover from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
2. NEW- Athletes can compete on no more than 2 cheer teams at The Summit.
3. NEW- All Level 4.2 athletes may only crossover to levels 2, 3 or 4.
4. NEW- Athletes can only cross up or down a level at The Summit. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excludes Level 4.2).
5. No crossovers will be allowed to compete on both a cheer and a dance team at The Summit. However a Cheerleading Worlds athlete may compete at the Dance Summit and a Dance Worlds athlete may compete at The Summit.

It seems like the Varsity bigwigs actually listened. I am surprised and please at how aggressive these changes are!

My only thing is that this still doesn't really address taking a team of level 4 kids and making a summit team for level 1... But truthfully I'm not sure how they would do that anyway (maybe with the athlete registration system?)

Other than that one sandbagging loophole, I like these rule additions a LOT!

And I just noticed that they are distributing Wild Card bids to each competition by age group. 1 SR, 1 JR, and 1 Youth to each competition.

AND 1st place WC winners advance directly to Finals while 2nd place advances to prelims. Wow!

These changes aren't perfect but they are a giant leap in the right direction.

Last edited:
And I just noticed that they are distributing Wild Card bids to each competition by age group. 1 SR, 1 JR, and 1 Youth to each competition.

AND 1st place WC winners advance directly to Finals while 2nd place advances to prelims. Wow!

These changes aren't perfect but they are a giant leap in the right direction.
Nice to see the added WC bids for youth kids!! Last year it was just junior and senior!

EDIT: Just noticed this too..
NEW this season- All Wild Card bid events will be awarding one Wild Card bid to a Youth, Junior, and Senior team. During the Wild Card Round of the championship, all teams who place first in their division will advance to Finals on Sunday and all second place teams will advance to Saturday's Semi-Finals.

ETA2: So wildcard winners automatically move onto sunday? because if so.... that makes me sad since my team won WC but missed out on finals by .2 :(

Last edited:
Personally having an athlete that does dance and cheer I like the new option there. It makes since - because I do get timing wise that it would be virtually impossible to do both at one event with the schedule so this is a good compromise. I think they listened to a lot of the conversation and are making an honest and values attempt to hear the issues and try to improve them. Good start.

Wow - props to Varsity. This not only affects the Summit but also every competition that offers Summit bids. The only thing I would have liked to see them add is a roster rule similar to Worlds. A huge step in the right direction!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Picture me standing and giving a slow clap. (Someone help me out with a meme!). I'm really impressed that they have begun to do something about this. Kudos to Varsity.
Qw4X3Fzmuz7jMvoMoNy.gif

Back