All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How many gyms who have already formed their teams might now need to make some " adjustments?"
This is one of the issues I have. The limits to crossovers doesn't bother me at all. But, it's May 20th. Teams are already practicing. Why do these things ALWAYS get released after teams have been formed. This should've been told to us months ago. I've been hearing rumors that the USASF has rule changes they haven't announced yet either. Can't imagine why coaches would want to know if the skills they are choreographing are legal or not :rolleyes:

The only other issue I have is the WC winner advancing directly to finals. I don't think any team should advance directly to finals. WC teams know if they want to win, they're looking at 3 routines. If you can't do 3 routines on 3 successive days in May, I don't know what to tell you.

Help me with the interpretation. For example, if a child is a base a youth 2 team and flies on jr4. He/She would be ineligible to compete with one of those teams if both teams receive a summit bid. What if only one team receives a bid? Could she/he compete at summit even though she/he competed an entire season on an additional team more than one level difference. I'm trying to figure out if the one level rule only applies to double competing on summit or the entire season leading up to summit? Does that make sense?

Help me with the interpretation. For example, if a child is a base a youth 2 team and flies on jr4. He/She would be ineligible to compete with one of those teams if both teams receive a summit bid. What if only one team receives a bid? Could she/he compete at summit even though she/he competed an entire season on an additional team more than one level difference. I'm trying to figure out if the one level rule only applies to double competing on summit or the entire season leading up to summit? Does that make sense?

If we're reading it as written, yes. If Y2 gets a bid but J4 does not, the kiddo is free to go to the Summit with Y2.

She would only be eligible to compete on one of those teams AT the Summit if they both make it to the Summit. It has no impact on the season.

Level 5 is level 5. A full and a double are both considered level 5 tumbling.
I understand your rationale but why allow athletes who are throwing doubles and tricks to doubles to compete on a team with only singles? I just feel strongly that unless you have been crossing over to another team all season long, if you have competed at Worlds you should not be allowed to compete at the Summit.

I understand your rationale but why allow athletes who are throwing doubles and tricks to doubles to compete on a team with only singles? I just feel strongly that unless you have been crossing over to another team all season long, if you have competed at Worlds you should not be allowed to compete at the Summit.

I'm willing to place a wager that at least some members of an R5 team already have a double even if R5 is the only team they're on. I don't see a problem with 10 (or heck, why not a whole team) of junior-aged athletes who competed on a team at Worlds hanging out in Orlando for a week and competing on a J5 at the Summit the next weekend--but this isn't allowed.

This is one of the issues I have. The limits to crossovers doesn't bother me at all. But, it's May 20th. Teams are already practicing. Why do these things ALWAYS get released after teams have been formed. This should've been told to us months ago. I've been hearing rumors that the USASF has rule changes they haven't announced yet either. Can't imagine why coaches would want to know if the skills they are choreographing are legal or not :rolleyes:

The only other issue I have is the WC winner advancing directly to finals. I don't think any team should advance directly to finals. WC teams know if they want to win, they're looking at 3 routines. If you can't do 3 routines on 3 successive days in May, I don't know what to tell you.

Why would it matter if teams have already been formed before these rules took effect? If you have a level appropriate team full of level appropriate athletes, that shouldn't change anything.

She would only be eligible to compete on one of those teams AT the Summit if they both make it to the Summit. It has no impact on the season.

I am totally excited to see these changes put into place but I can see what you mean about wanting to know rule changes prior to tryout season. Many gyms already formed teams for the upcoming season. You guys may have formed your teams differently if this rule was in place a few weeks ago. I get the frustration. There should be a cut off date for rule changes.

Why would it matter if teams have already been formed before these rules took effect? If you have a level appropriate team full of level appropriate athletes, that shouldn't change anything.
Because not everyone creates teams the same way. Like I said, I have no issue with the rules, but why are we waiting until May 20th to release them? Why couldn't this have been released before most gyms had tryouts and placed teams?

Back