All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, how many gyms actually abuse the system like this? I've heard of one level 1 team consisting of level 3, 4, and 5 kids this year. Yes, it absolutely stinks for those level 1 kids in that division, the gym owner or someone that claims to be the owner, has come on the boards defending his actions in the past. So, now we all know they proudly hang up banners in their gym where they had to put their level 3, 4, and 5 athletes on it to win against a level 1 team. Must be proud, slow clap for them. When I go through the Summit results, however, what I see are reputable gyms that are known for building strong teams from the start. I'm all for tightening up rules as well, I love NCA guidelines but, when you start tightening up lower level youth sports like the Olympics be prepared to pay the consequences monetarily, as well as, as a team.
This happens so often which is sad we live by a gym that is known for its j2 team and all the j4 j5 girls are on it so they can win sad thing is girls have been placed on it already that are on the worlds team this year it's just unfair to the rest of the gyms that have real j2 teams going against a stscked team of j4 j5 and worlds it is hard for a real j2 team to win against them I hope that usasf follows the same rules to make it a fair playing field

I know theoretically gyms could replace their entire Senior 2 team who earned the bid with their Senior 4 team who didn't, or even 5 athletes so the gym could win. But has this ever happened? I don't really see any gym owners THAT heartless saying "Sorry, we know you guys won your bid but we don't think you'll win so you're not going to the summit." I also can't believe any cheer mums would take that!

I know theoretically gyms could replace their entire Senior 2 team who earned the bid with their Senior 4 team who didn't, or even 5 athletes so the gym could win. But has this ever happened? I don't really see any gym owners THAT heartless saying "Sorry, we know you guys won your bid but we don't think you'll win so you're not going to the summit." I also can't believe any cheer mums would take that!
I wouldn't assume it couldn't happen. Crazy stuff goes down all of the time in the cheer world.

Has anyone heard of this actually happening? What do those replaced athletes do? Say ok, here's my spot? Or do they (and their parents) fight this decision? Do they remain at the gym for the next season? Do other athletes walk away also knowing that their spot is in jeopardy also? Just curious. I can't imagine staying at a gym that does this.

I've seen a gym do a re-tryout within their gym after getting a bid and another (because their bid was deferred) do a complete new team tryout at the beginning of the season (although, both teams did include a majority of kids who earned the bids, for the most part, I believe).

This happens so often which is sad we live by a gym that is known for its j2 team and all the j4 j5 girls are on it so they can win sad thing is girls have been placed on it already that are on the worlds team this year it's just unfair to the rest of the gyms that have real j2 teams going against a stscked team of j4 j5 and worlds it is hard for a real j2 team to win against them I hope that usasf follows the same rules to make it a fair playing field

The new Varsity rules will take care of this type of situation by not being able to cross up or down more than one level. However, I was not talking about this situation, I was talking about gyms that supposedly create new roster Summit teams, which IMO is very rare (I have heard of the one team this year), and never have I heard one parent come on the boards to complain about their level 1 or 2 child being kicked off the team to be replaced by a World's athlete. Seriously? Not one?

I've seen a gym do a re-tryout within their gym after getting a bid and another (because their bid was deferred) do a complete new team tryout at the beginning of the season (although, both teams did include a majority of kids who earned the bids, for the most part, I believe).

Although I'm not a fan of deferred bids, I find this very understandable.

Yeah, there's not much you can do with deferred bids except to start fresh.

I would think you would have do somewhat of a tryout if the bid is deferred. Personally they should just have the competitions earlier in the year so this does not happen. I do not agree with the whole deferring bids.

I would think you would have do somewhat of a tryout if the bid is deferred. Personally they should just have the competitions earlier in the year so this does not happen. I do not agree with the whole deferring bids.
And plan the event as part of their schedule. Factor in the cost from the start of the season. I have never understood why some gyms are allowed to defer Summit bids.

And plan the event as part of their schedule. Factor in the cost from the start of the season. I have never understood why some gyms are allowed to defer Summit bids.
The comp is in April in Canada, maybe do on March/end of Feb. There is no possible way to have the same team compete when deferred.

The bids at this comp are automatically deferred starting this season that just ended.

All I'm saying is when gyms actually advertise 'try-outs' for their Summit teams after earning a bid...I wouldn't go so far as to think it hasn't happened.

All I'm saying is when gyms actually advertise 'try-outs' for their Summit teams after earning a bid...I wouldn't go so far as to think it hasn't happened.
I didn't realise gyms did this! The only thing I can think of with try outs for summit teams are gyms not really advertising as a team destined for the summit and once they win a bid athletes not being able to go and the teams need to tryout athletes for those positions maybe? Just my idea :) I'm from Australia so all I see is social media!

Back