All-Star 2016 Summit Crossover Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it is the same but Most of the time level 6 teams do not have the majority of team tumbling level 5/6, as tumbling is smaller % of overall score for 6.
Level 6 is allowed to do some higher level tumbling that level 5 can't. You don't see it too often because tumbling isn't as huge of a factor, but it is different.

Until you have a roster rule and athletes have a photo ID and have someone checking them, You will still have teams that break the rules. Until there is a rule if you get caught breaking the rules your entire program including all locations will be banned from the Summit and all major Nationals for 2 years people will still cheat.

There is no way to know Sally Smith level 2 athlete or Sally Smith level 5 because no one checks. I guarantee if an level 2 flyer goes down and all you have is another level 4 team there some teams will take their chances because no one is checking. I will be impressed if they institute some kind of monitoring process even if it's just a random one.

Last edited:
Until you have a roster rule and athletes have a photo ID and have someone checking them, You will still have teams that break the rules. Until there is a rule if you get caught breaking the rules your entire program including all locations will be banned from the Summit and all major Nationals for 2 years people will still cheat.

There is no way to know Sally Smith level 2 athlete or Sally Smith level 5 because no one checks. I guarantee if an level 2 flyer goes down and all you have is another level 4 team their some teams will take their chances because no one is checking. I will be impressed if the institute some kind of monitoring process even if it's just a random one.

When you all say "roster rule", I want to make sure I am understanding people correctly. So, if you win a bid at a competition on November 15th and there is a 10 member substitution "roster rule" as in World's, are we going to be crying at the end of the season when we realize the roster has changed quite a bit because of injuries, moving, grades, just don't want to do it anymore, finances, Prom, weddings, funerals, etc, etc? Oldest cp was on a team a few years back that had 32 members and by May there were only 17 original members left. It ended up being a team of 29 or 30 by taking in new members along the way. There was nothing unusual that happened, the coaches were great, it was just life in general. World's and Summit just don't have the same commitment levels with parents and athletes. I really hope people are thinking long and hard before requesting World's roster rules for lower levels.

From World's Packet:

On The Cheerleading Worlds Roster, each athlete’s name will have
to be identified as an original participant of the team that was on
the floor where the bid was received, a substitute or an alternate.
All names on the team rosters will be verified by the event producer
who awarded the Worlds bid.

The rule that applies to substitutions is as follows:

A Maximum of 10 substitutions will be allowed per team for
The Cheerleading Worlds Championship.

A substitute must be a regular paid participant from another team
at the same gym and must have competed “on the floor” with that
team from that gym at the same event where the bid was awarded.

All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as
the original team that was awarded a bid (i.e. age, etc.).

Nothing in the rules prevents, say, a senior level 2 team from winning a wildcard bid and then replacing the entire team before summit with level 4 athletes (if the athletes are not on a level 4 Summit team). The alternates/roster rule similar to worlds is what is missing here.
Xtreme Jankletics is listening.

Don't give them any ideas.

When you all say "roster rule", I want to make sure I am understanding people correctly. So, if you win a bid at a competition on November 15th and there is a 10 member substitution "roster rule" as in World's, are we going to be crying at the end of the season when we realize the roster has changed quite a bit because of injuries, moving, grades, just don't want to do it anymore, finances, Prom, weddings, funerals, etc, etc? Oldest cp was on a team a few years back that had 32 members and by May there were only 17 original members left. It ended up being a team of 29 or 30 by taking in new members along the way. There was nothing unusual that happened, the coaches were great, it was just life in general. World's and Summit just don't have the same commitment levels with parents and athletes. I really hope people are thinking long and hard before requesting World's roster rules for lower levels.

From World's Packet:

Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to see. Doesn't have to be exactly the way the Worlds roster rule is written, but I do feel there should be some roster rule in place for Summit that is similar. If you're replacing more than 10 athletes on a team, that is essentially not the same team that earned the bid in the first place. And there is no reason to think that lower level teams shouldn't have the same level of commitment as worlds teams. Especially, if they want the Summit to be recognized as a prestigious competition. Those teams that want to compete there, should require a high level of commitment from their athletes.

XJ has already plastered their social media sites with advertisements to join their senior level 2 Summit team. You must have at least a layout and be able to stunt high to high tick tocks to be considered.
They just want their kids to be well-rounded. :fro:

Yes, that's exactly what I'd like to see. Doesn't have to be exactly the way the Worlds roster rule is written, but I do feel there should be some roster rule in place for Summit that is similar. If you're replacing more than 10 athletes on a team, that is essentially not the same team that earned the bid in the first place. And there is no reason to think that lower level teams shouldn't have the same level of commitment as worlds teams. Especially, if they want the Summit to be recognized as a prestigious competition. Those teams that want to compete there, should require a high level of commitment from their athletes.

Agreed. Doesn't mean a team can't continue competing, just that the team that earns a bid should be the team that competes. Though for a small team, 10 substitutions is pretty darn generous.

From World's Packet:

That roster rule is to generous. I believe 80% of a small team and 85% of large teams who won the bid must compete at the Summit. Anything less than that should be an automatic .25 deduction.

From World's Packet:

I'd be ok with all of that. To substitute, you just have to have competed on whatever other team of your gym that was at the same competition where the team you are coming on to competed, if I understand the rule.

10 substitutions is half of a small team!

I was thinking to myself there would be no way to police who competes at what level and worse, if Suzy is actually Suzy and not Sally. Then I thought how a lot of the teams that attend the Summit are well known in their own right, in their own circuits. I have a feeling most gyms keep tabs on their competition and would be aware if Suzy was competing on the wrong level. I think the bigger question is what can anyone do if they discover a team using an illegal athlete? Seems to be in the past that there were no consequences.
Although these changes aren't perfect, it's a start in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back