All-Star 2017-2018 New Locations/acquisitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just what Ohio needs. ANOTHER Allstar gym. Surprising though since CC and NEO are like the oldest around. CC Always seemed to have steady enrollment from the south west side of town.

I am not super familiar with Columbus but my parents are in CLE.

CLE and Northeast Ohio in general had a need for a bigger program as they have a lot of smaller gyms but no larger programs (unless you wanted to drive down to American Elite.)

I believe Grove City is near Columbus, right (google?) I can tell you that I think that area may be getting a bit crowded with:

Midwest Cheer Elite
Cheer Athletics
Step 1
World Cup
...and the many other smaller programs.

I am not super familiar with Columbus but my parents are in CLE.

CLE and Northeast Ohio in general had a need for a bigger program as they have a lot of smaller gyms but no larger programs (unless you wanted to drive down to American Elite.)

I believe Grove City is near Columbus, right (google?) I can tell you that I think that area may be getting a bit crowded with:

Midwest Cheer Elite
Cheer Athletics
Step 1
World Cup
...and the many other smaller programs.

Yes, Columbus is in the middle of the state. Grove City is south west of the city. Still basically the Columbus area. There are probably a dozen gyms just off the outer belt (270) AE is near Cleveland (and the new Top Gun) and MCE near Cincinnati. I'm not even counting those! Just the ones in central Ohio. It's flooded! At least they are taking over an existing program, I guess. (Lived there 38/41 years)

Was that a D1 or D2 gym?

D2 I think. Pretty small gym they only have a few teams. and yeah Columbus is pretty saturated with gyms big and small. Ohio in general I feel like has so many gyms (maybe cause I live here so I know all the teams it seems that way?), however most are small gyms. Theres only a few larger programs. Midwest (Cincinnati area), Cheer Athletics (Columbus), Ohio Extreme (Top Gun Ohio- Cleveland area), and Step One (Columbus)I would say are the largest.

Just what Ohio needs. ANOTHER Allstar gym. Surprising though since CC and NEO are like the oldest around. CC Always seemed to have steady enrollment from the south west side of town.
I thought this was a weird take over as well for this reason CC was just promoting on their social media about being one of the oldest programs going into this season. I know World Cup Shooting Stars practiced at their gym during Cheerpower so I wonder how long this has been in the works. I would have thought it would have been announced earlier as CC has put out teams already with their usual themed names and their program everything.

I just saw ECE's list and it looks like they aren't having a Y5. Are we down to only two teams nationwide (Twinks and CEA) or has another gym joined the race? What about Cheekies or CEA Chicago?
Cheekies are Y4 again this season (2 seasons now)

MY personal take on Allstar Cheer in Ohio. I lived there 38/41 years and had a child in Allstar there starting 12 years ago. Before it was a 'thing'.

Ohio is FULL of talented athletes and loads of small gyms...like, LOADS.

I think all 'big name' gyms are following the 'leader' there.

Hear me out...

There is TONS of talent, not sure how it compares to other states, but I personally know there's a ton of talent in Ohio and thus, there are tons of small gyms.

The small gyms never did awesome on the world stage, but they made an appearance. I always thought if they pulled talent into just a few gyms, they'd be unstoppable. Too many egos. Everyone wanted their own gym.

ONE small gym under legal and financial pressure begins to go downhill (typical story). Married owners split up. It is MY BELIEF that the parties tried to do whatever they could to harm the other. No one thought of their kids or the kids at their gym's feelings.

Big name gym is summoned to area (*I* believe by party at aforementioned gym). After much due diligence (I'm sure) the big gym finds the area is fruitful. Big name gym hires most coaches and co-owners from aforementioned gym and garners success due to their name and athletes acquired from other programs in the area.

Other big name gyms see this 'success' and jump at the opportunity. One north. One in the same area. One should be headed south too, if they're smart.

Long story WAY short- Yes, there's talent in Ohio, however I feel the focus on Ohio is 100% originated from a resentful spouse/co owners of a mediocre gym garnering the attention of ONE big name gym. The others assumed there was something to be had and followed.

Ohio is probably no richer in talent than Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Cali, Washington etc. It was just never able to show it off like most other states. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the long run.

Edited bc I'm the typo queen.

Last edited:
MY personal take on Allstar Cheer in Ohio. I lived there 38/41 years and had a child in Allstar there starting 12 years ago. Before it was a 'thing'.

Ohio is FULL of talented athletes and loads of small gyms...like, LOADS.

I think all 'big name' gyms are following the 'leader' there.

Hear me out...

There is TONS of talent, not sure how it compares to other states, but I personally know there's a ton of talent in Ohio and thus, there are tons of small gyms.

The small gyms never did awesome on the world stage, but they made an appearance. I always thought if they pulled talent into just a few gyms, they'd be unstoppable. Too many egos. Everyone wanted their own gym.

ONE small gym under legal and financial pressure begins to go downhill (typical story). Married owners split up. It is MY BELIEF that the parties tried to do whatever they could to harm the other. No one thought of their kids or the kids at their gym's feelings.

Big name gym is summoned to area (*I* believe by party at aforementioned gym). After much due diligence (I'm sure) the big gym finds the area is fruitful. Big name gym hires most coaches and co-owners from aforementioned gym and garners success due to their name and athletes acquired from other programs in the area.

Other big name gyms see this 'success' and jump at the opportunity. One north. One in the same area. One should be headed south too, if they're smart.

Long story WAY short- Yes, there's talent in Ohio, however I feel the focus on Ohio is 100% originated from a resentful spouse/co owners of a mediocre gym garnering the attention of ONE big name gym. The others assumed there was something to be had and followed.

Ohio is probably no richer in taken than Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Cali, Washington etc. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out in the long run.

This is the same basic scenario as Missouri. Parents have been recruiting mega gyms to the area for years to get over the can't medal at Worlds hump, so to speak. Many Missouri athletes have left the area to compete on several different mega gym teams. And if reports are true from a few parents and coaches the first mega gym brand is opening soon in Missouri. Time will tell, but the insanity is about to hit this area hard.

This is the same basic scenario as Missouri. Parents have been recruiting mega gyms to the area for years to get over the can't medal at Worlds hump, so to speak. Many Missouri athletes have left the area to compete on several different mega gym teams. And if reports are true from a few parents and coaches the first mega gym brand is opening soon in Missouri. Time will tell, but the insanity is about to hit this area hard.

If you don't mind me asking, which area will it be in? STL or KC? KC would be wrecked by that. Lots of small, but successful, gyms within two/three hours of the area but I bet a lot of those kids would jump on the mega gym bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, which area will it be in? STL or KC? KC would be wrecked by that. Lots of small, but successful, gyms within two/three hours of the area but I bet a lot of those kids would jump on the mega gym bandwagon.

KC. But it will be devastating to both areas. Both areas have lots of L4, R5 or L5 athletes that would jump at the first chance to be on a mega gym/brand team. And once they go the lower levels start to follow. Better to drive 3-4 hours than than to relocate across the country. Gyms in the COMO area will be hit hard as well since it is the halfway point. Only gyms that have developed other revenue streams besides all stars will be able to sustain the impact. And to be honest once it hits one area you know it will expand to the other. Just a matter of time. We have been saying that it was coming this way for years. Well it is here...counting down to the official announcements.

KC. But it will be devastating to both areas. Both areas have lots of L4, R5 or L5 athletes that would jump at the first chance to be on a mega gym/brand team. And once they go the lower levels start to follow. Better to drive 3-4 hours than than to relocate across the country. Gyms in the COMO area will be hit hard as well since it is the halfway point. Only gyms that have developed other revenue streams besides all stars will be able to sustain the impact. And to be honest once it hits one area you know it will expand to the other. Just a matter of time. We have been saying that it was coming this way for years. Well it is here...counting down to the official announcements.

Do you think this season or next ?

Yikes. Thanks for that Info, I figured that was probably the case.

Do you think this season or next ?

My guess is it would be this season from what I have heard. It is still relatively early and lots of movement is expected anyway so it could take advantage of that. But that is a only guess as nothing I heard told me a timeline for announcement or launch date. Just where and who it was. Which out of respect I will not announce till they do.

Yikes. Thanks for that Info, I figured that was probably the case.

It was bound to happen. I know in my area the parents have been literally begging for one of these gyms to come to the area. Now with one coming to KC another gym will probably make the move to STL.

It was bound to happen. I know in my area the parents have been literally begging for one of these gyms to come to the area. Now with one coming to KC another gym will probably make the move to STL.

Oh yeah, I see athletes talking alllllll the time about wanting *insert mega gym here* to come to KC. Unfortunately it's really going to destroy the cheer market in the surrounding area. This makes me I'm glad I'm not coaching anymore.

Oh yeah, I see athletes talking alllllll the time about wanting *insert mega gym here* to come to KC. Unfortunately it's really going to destroy the cheer market in the surrounding area. This makes me I'm glad I'm not coaching anymore.

I am glad that we are fairly insulated when it happens. Our Power Tumbling program is one of the largest in the area and from what i am told in both organizations we compete with. it could expand if we need it to. Our gymnastic program is solid. School cheer team business is through the roof booming. Same with our tumbling classes. Although we are not crazy enough to think our cheer side would take a hit, we believe we would be able to restructure it if necessary. We could theoretically close down All Stars and still run a profitable business model and not just survive but thrive. But we all love cheer (even the ones like me who don't teach it) and we will find a way to make it work somehow.

ETA: We have been talking about this internally as a gym and preparing for this possibility for the past four years. So we are ahead of a lot of gyms in preparing for this possibility.

Last edited:
Back