All-Star 2017-2018 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@oncecoolcoachnowmom, I always wondered why in this area, primarily, NY/NJ area it is so difficult to attract boys to AS cheerleading... I still remembered about 5 years ago, I wanted to bring a young man to the gym with my daughter, for bring a friend day.., I tell you, this boy was about 10 or 11, flipping off walls, fences, anything and everything... doing all sorts of layouts, fulls, etc with no formal training... I asked him to come and his mother said yes, until I told her it was cheerleading, she refused to let him come... His mom thought he was going to gymnastics or parkour, etc...

I really think cheerleading have to do something different to attract and keep the boys to the sport... The boys are not attracted by new uniforms, makeup and hair... They need to be shown the athletism of this cheer sport...

Last edited:
Please don't quote me or rate as gossip because I truly read this but someone tweeted that TG and WC have a deal that WC will never have a large coed team if TG never has an all - girl
Seems kind of weird and I tried to find more details on it but maybe its true !
It def does sound weird but if it's true that's crazy! Don't worry, I won't rate you as gossip. Someone should write a book of all the cheer conspiracies out there. Whether they would be true or not they would be interesting to read about at the very least!

Saw on Instagram today Maryland Twisters are looking to create an IOC5 team for the 17-18 cheer season. I'm sure they have a nice pool of precious athletes who would want to return.

49919cf1f89320eec42756633696de88.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw on Instagram today Maryland Twisters are looking to create an IOC5 team for the 17-18 cheer season. I'm sure they have a nice pool of precious athletes who would want to return.

49919cf1f89320eec42756633696de88.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe they haven't had one recently!

It seems like they'd have a ton of talent between aged out F5/Reign/etc. kids.

I know! I'm hoping it's able to happen. I think the last year for Black Ice was 2013 and Lady T's was 2014, so it's been a few years too many!

I do know tsunami merged but what "team " did they carve out for the old members of that team? I do remember stingrays making purple for Georgia when they shut down temporarily.

I do know tsunami merged but what "team " did they carve out for the old members of that team? I do remember stingrays making purple for Georgia when they shut down temporarily.
I don't know that they all went to a specific team but were all kinda spread out throughout F5/Reign/WeatherGirls/Lady Ts. I know I heard about some on each of those, don't know if there was a larger proportion on any one team though.

Back