Mini 1
Medium Junior 1
Junior Hip Hop
Medium Youth 2
Medium Junior 3
Senior 4.2
Senior Coed 4
Senior Hip Hop - Worlds Division
Senior XS All Girl 5 (potential to go Open)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok? But they still can't tumble so what's the advantage? And don't say stunting because literally, that's the whole reason for the NT division...focus on stunts, dance and motions.
Hey, I don’t have a dog in this fight, my kid tumbles & our gym doesn’t have this division. I was just saying what the gym near us was doing. They could put my grandma on the team for all I care! :)

My thoughts (may be unpopular) on these new IASF divisions is this. If the divisions are being made to offer more varied levels of competition for international teams (which I agree with) I think IASF Worlds should be a stand alone event...taken out of the U.S. Possibly even allow the event to change locations similar to the Olympics and World Championships in gymnastics. Doubt we would see mega gyms with no need for a NT division continue to enter. The addition of the Open 5 divisions at Worlds allows for previously International 5 and 6 teams to compete at Worlds if they prefer not to travel.

My thoughts (may be unpopular) on these new IASF divisions is this. If the divisions are being made to offer more varied levels of competition for international teams (which I agree with) I think IASF Worlds should be a stand alone event...taken out of the U.S. Possibly even allow the event to change locations similar to the Olympics and World Championships in gymnastics. Doubt we would see mega gyms with no need for a NT division continue to enter. The addition of the Open 5 divisions at Worlds allows for previously International 5 and 6 teams to compete at Worlds if they prefer not to travel.

In my perfect world scenario, ICU and IASF travels year-to-year to major cities around the World, USASF travels year-to-year across the US. So much of our customers' money goes toward Disney/Orlando every year - it would be fantastic to change that up.

It won't happen because of Disney and the investment they have in the new facility. I would assume they accompanied that construction with a very long-term contract.

i like the idea of worlds changing, but logistically would it be possible?
and lets be real orlando isnt the most expensive city worlds could be held in, i can think of some cities that are a WHOLE lot more pricey.

In my perfect world scenario, ICU and IASF travels year-to-year to major cities around the World, USASF travels year-to-year across the US. So much of our customers' money goes toward Disney/Orlando every year - it would be fantastic to change that up.

It won't happen because of Disney and the investment they have in the new facility. I would assume they accompanied that construction with a very long-term contract.

I would love this so much! But lets be honest, the ability to house the competition, accommodations, transportation, food and entertainment for thousands of mostly underage athletes and their families makes it so hard to move. I know other big comps run, but even our teams usually end up 1 hour + drive from the venue in Dallas. It's just harder to host something of that magnitude elsewhere. Oh how I would love to travel to different locations for Worlds. Every year I'm asked why it is always in Florida and not around the world like other World Championships

I am definitely pleased to see some big name gyms fielding some NT teams. International programmes who send NT teams to Worlds will want to compete against these big well known gyms, otherwise there would be no point in having it at Worlds at all. If these gyms were excluded then we wouldn't be competing against the best of the best.
You may have some athletes who have previously competed L5 at Worlds and who are really strong stunters or flyers who really want to embrace the creativity this division will bring to the sport. I can't wait to see what some of these routines look like.
I know some concerns have been raised that there won't be the motivation and push to learn to tumble and improve on those skills, but honestly some people (me included!) just don't enjoy tumbling! I hate it! I'd be on a NT team any day! Those who enjoy tumbling won't lose their goal of one day being on Senior Elite...they'll still want to push those skills and make their dream teams.

I'm gonna try my hardest to not roll my eyes out of my head when I see larger gyms entering X-Small divisions. Like, I get they're allowed, but still. Don't like it.

It's really not that much different than a large gym entering the Small division, and nobody seems upset that huge gyms like CEA and Woodlands Elite have Small teams. 16 athletes (the new maximum for X-Small) vs 20 athletes (the size of a typical Small team) isn't a big difference. Every gym has different circumstances for entering certain divisions. Just because a gym has a huge talent pool doesn't mean they have enough kids to make all big teams. More realistically, a gym is going to have an uneven number of kids (meaning, they will have some Large teams and some Small teams).

While not a gigantic gym, CJA is a great example of a gym that has a talent pool big enough for more than one Level 5 team, but one of the teams is understandably XS. Will there be some mega gyms who take advantage of this division and stack an XS team? Sure. But again, is that much different than a mega gym stacking a Small team? Not really. Did anyone have a problem when Woodlands Elite Generals moved from Large to Small even as their gym got bigger and bigger? Not really.

It's really not that much different than a large gym entering the Small division, and nobody seems upset that huge gyms like CEA and Woodlands Elite have Small teams. 16 athletes (the new maximum for X-Small) vs 20 athletes (the size of a typical Small team) isn't a big difference. Every gym has different circumstances for entering certain divisions. Just because a gym has a huge talent pool doesn't mean they have enough kids to make all big teams. More realistically, a gym is going to have an uneven number of kids (meaning, they will have some Large teams and some Small teams).

While not a gigantic gym, CJA is a great example of a gym that has a talent pool big enough for more than one Level 5 team, but one of the teams is understandably XS. Will there be some mega gyms who take advantage of this division and stack an XS team? Sure. But again, is that much different than a mega gym stacking a Small team? Not really. Did anyone have a problem when Woodlands Elite Generals moved from Large to Small even as their gym got bigger and bigger? Not really.
I think it'll be more common to see mega gyms use the XS team as an addition rather than taking the place of a premier team. Looks like Cali Camarillo may have one. Like using your example, the year Gens went back to being small (they were small, then large, then medium, then small) was the year they added Black Ops. I don't think I would necessarily have a problem with a mega gym making a premier team XS, but it would be weird I think.

Cheer Force Arkansas - Conway, AR

Small Tiny Coed Novice - Peeps
Small Tiny 1 - Talons
Small Mini Prep 1 - Kiwi
Small Mini 1 - Angels
Small Mini 2 - Robins
Small Youth 1 - Royals
Small Youth 2 - Thunderbirds
Small Junior 3 - MockingJays
Small Junior 4 - FireBirds
Small Junior Coed 5 - JayHawks
Small Senior Coed 2 - Teal
Small Senior 3 - LadyBirds
X-Small Senior Coed 5 - Falcons

USA Wildcats 2018-19 teams:
Tiny
Mini 1
Youth 1
Junior international 2
Junior international 3
Medium senior coed 3
Medium senior 4
Junior R5
Small Coed 5

Anyone know if cea Chicago, top gun Ohio, top gun AZ, stingrays Tampa, stingrays Michigan, rockstar Jacksonville, Midwest Chicago grew in numbers/teams than previous year? Just curious to see how some of the latest expansions are doing

Back