All-Star 2018 Worlds Wishlist

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, I'd like it if they only announced the gold, silver, and bronze winners as opposed to announcing 10th to 1st.

They did this (albeit accidentally) in 2013 with LAG, and no one knew who was going to win, which is part of the excitement.

I don't know if this is a wishlist, or just a general change, but whatever.

Honestly, I'd like it if they only announced the gold, silver, and bronze winners as opposed to announcing 10th to 1st.

They did this (albeit accidentally) in 2013 with LAG, and no one knew who was going to win, which is part of the excitement.

I actually like the anticipation of going from 10th to Gold!

In general, fewer injuries, better Flyer flexibility, no bent wrists, no serious deductions for things that hadn't been deductions before worlds, worlds run on time (haha) and livestream not to skip and pause,

For specific teams, I want to see TGLC and OO5 get gold, Cali Blackops go back to back gold and Smoed to globe again. I'm sure I'll think of more later but this is what I have for now.

I get this, but as an athlete, I would've worked my booty off to get top 10 and some teams will cry just hearing themselves announced as 10th.9th,8th in the world. I would hate to see anyone take that away from them!

Example: Odyssey has had a rough season. Last places, bottom 5-10 at NCA, losing athletes, etc. I'm sure people weren't expecting them in day two. And I know if I made worlds finals on O that is a huge accomplishment. But then day 2 to move up another two spots on top of what's already been done? Shout it to the mountaintops. I'm 8th in the world baby!

ETA: I would like to see maybe a minute less time in between performances. Could honestly make a difference.

Also expecting big things from CJA Team gunz, Royalcats, Smoed, and all of small coed that is about to come back swinging in 2018!

Last edited:
For senior elite to win ! I've only been religiously watching worlds since 2014 and they haven't won since 2013 , maybe I'm bad luck :( cheer extreme videos is what got me into cheerleading, so it would be great to see them win.I have a feeling 2018 will be their year , they have amazingly talented kids .

Knowing what to expect from judges and scoring. It seems like every year they are looking for something different (and often different from division to division). Some clarity with the score sheets would be great. Or even some continuity through the season to Worlds (same score sheet please??). A girl can dream right?!

My dream is to see Team Gunz globe next year. This past weekend, they proved that they are a force to be reckoned with. I would also love to see CJA Bombshells become a world champion next year. I need to go through youtube and see if I can find any videos of them because I haven't really followed this past season at all.

I want TGLC to get out of their 2nd day runt. I feel like they are going through the phase bsb went through and it's sad to look at the raw score for 2015 and this weekend and not have them win. Also F5 to come out with a routine like 2012 but win. OO5 and Lady Jags to win too. I don't think that's too much to ask.

For folks to quit it with the body rubbing.

It takes a whole lot to make me uncomfortable.

I am not the "get off my lawn and take cheer back to itchy turtlenecks" person at all.

But I remember watching a team and clearly thinking "Wow that child has rubbed herself like 4 times in that center prep. Why?"

Like, why?

Also, for coaches to really evaluate their flyer flexibility situation.

I have followed a couple of teams all season.

Some of whom are known for cleanliness and technique.

I noticed their lack of flex in November.

Everytime I watched them I was like "are they gonna fix that or replace that girl who keeps bending that knee?" Or "does no one see that those scales are on struggle?"

Worlds comes and it is arguably worse.

(I almost want to name them. I hope a good number of coaches read this board so maybe some will see it?)

As a coach, you need to know when maybe it's time to pull someone, get them in a class, or even switch the body position entirely if everyone is on struggle.

Maybe in 2018 it will be better.

Flexibility, PLEASE.

It's not about wanting fetus flyers with needles. It's the fact that we have entire Worlds teams without clean regular-sided heel-stretches. To me, that is not acceptable.

And let's not use the increased focus on tumbling and conditioning as an excuse, because it is possible to both condition and stretch. Remember, gymnasts exist, and if they manage it then why can't we?

Flexibility, PLEASE.

It's not about wanting fetus flyers with needles. It's the fact that we have entire Worlds teams without clean regular-sided heel-stretches. To me, that is not acceptable.

And let's not use the increased focus on tumbling and conditioning as an excuse, because it is possible to both condition and stretch. Remember, gymnasts exist, and if they manage it then why can't we?

Did you see my post above yours?!

How did they do that accidentally? Did they just cut the cameras on and go straight into bronze?

Back