All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does it not bother parents to watch their kids bouncing off their heads like that? I remember when CP first got her BHS and kind of landed on her head a few times. It was all I could do not to say "no more!" To watch them compete it like that though? Certainly makes me grateful for spring floors for sure... But geez.

Does it not bother parents to watch their kids bouncing off their heads like that? I remember when CP first got her BHS and kind of landed on her head a few times. It was all I could do not to say "no more!" To watch them compete it like that though? Certainly makes me grateful for spring floors for sure... But geez.

The whole thing made me cringe... I get it, she's 3, but maybe they should be focusing on making sure she has any kind of perfection on her technique before throwing her out into an individual performance. Even her level 1 skills were far from perfect... Why is she doing BHS and RO BHS when she can't even stand up from a forward roll or straighten legs in a back walkover? Why is she doing jumps to BHS when she has to bounce 18 times before each jump? NONE of the skills looked safe.

ETA I realized this might sound harsh on the kid... It's not meant to be. She's doing remarkable things for a 3 year old but I'm thinking of the coaches and parents that are too focused on progression instead of perfection and letting her go out by herself and perform dangerous looking skills.

The whole thing made me cringe... I get it, she's 3, but maybe they should be focusing on making sure she has any kind of perfection on her technique before throwing her out into an individual performance. Even her level 1 skills were far from perfect... Why is she doing BHS and RO BHS when she can't even stand up from a forward roll or straighten legs in a back walkover? Why is she doing jumps to BHS when she has to bounce 18 times before each jump? NONE of the skills looked safe.

ETA I realized this might sound harsh on the kid... It's not meant to be. She's doing remarkable things for a 3 year old but I'm thinking of the coaches and parents that are too focused on progression instead of perfection and letting her go out by herself and perform dangerous looking skills.

I didn´t want to sound mean or rude, but exactly what i thought. Her jump technique is not the best to say in a nice way and her arms in the BHS - hm. Yes, she is cute. And if she really wants (or her parents or her coach) to compete individuall, give her a routine she can execute with good technique. I would do so as a coach and a mom.
I guess it still sounds a little bit rude, but it´s just meant in a good way for this kids health.

I didn´t want to sound mean or rude, but exactly what i thought. Her jump technique is not the best to say in a nice way and her arms in the BHS - hm. Yes, she is cute. And if she really wants (or her parents or her coach) to compete individuall, give her a routine she can execute with good technique. I would do so as a coach and a mom.
I guess it still sounds a little bit rude, but it´s just meant in a good way for this kids health.

Agree with both of you. I wonder if the judges at this event had any comments along these lines on her scoresheets. I hope so.

I'd fire a coach if they let a kid hit their head over and over like that. It's not safe. It's NOT impressive. Idc how old she is.

Agree with both of you. I wonder if the judges at this event had any comments along these lines on her scoresheets. I hope so.

I'd fire a coach if they let a kid hit their head over and over like that. It's not safe. It's NOT impressive. Idc how old she is.

My BHS would look like this and no one would be impressived if i would perform it. Probably my doctor because he´ll be able to buy a new porsche ;-)

Back