All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So kids are just genetic freaks. My daughter had a BHS at 3 and now has a perfect double and std full at 8. I conditioned my daughter from the minute she was three and didnt let her flip until she had the check points I felt would enable her to progress safely. When she could do the skills I felt were necessary and clean I let her try and she got the BHS is a couple days because her body was prepared. I have kids who are 17 in my gym and their bodies are not prepared to do a BHS. So I understand the whole body developing thing but if you have the core strength and other bio mechanics needed to perform---I say go for it. I allowed her to do them first off a 2 ft high mat in to the pit and progressed her to doing it off an incline mat in the pit then moved the incline to the floor and progressed her down it.
you let her progress through all those in a couple of days?

So kids are just genetic freaks. My daughter had a BHS at 3 and now has a perfect double and std full at 8. I conditioned my daughter from the minute she was three and didnt let her flip until she had the check points I felt would enable her to progress safely. When she could do the skills I felt were necessary and clean I let her try and she got the BHS is a couple days because her body was prepared. I have kids who are 17 in my gym and their bodies are not prepared to do a BHS. So I understand the whole body developing thing but if you have the core strength and other bio mechanics needed to perform---I say go for it. I allowed her to do them first off a 2 ft high mat in to the pit and progressed her to doing it off an incline mat in the pit then moved the incline to the floor and progressed her down it.

But you are very well trained and know what you are doing. My concern is for these babies whose clueless parents are spotting these skills at home and in the front yard without proper technique or conditioning.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I think I may have mentioned this earlier in the thread but I am almost certain this is the same mom that frequented the Chalkbucket forum. The dad especially would post nothing but videos of his cp's newest "headspring" or "tramp tuck". At the time she was like 2 and headed for the Olympics....
Oh and search "shortcake tumbling" on Youtube...there is a mom that has posted tons of 2yo headsprings...lol
Omg! Now I've spent not only an hour reading ths thread, but also watching all this poor kids videos on YouTube, and FYI mom is a gymnast bc there's a mommy daughter RO BHS vid. Mommy is living through her daughter! Definitely a "Susie's mom"

It is kind of becoming the urban legend of fierce board.... pops up now and then in other thread conversations at first it would annoy me to see now it makes me smile when it pops up at the top of my what's new
I know - it has a life of its own...which is helped by us bumping it hehehe
It's like a train wreck...but I am drawn to it when I see it atop the heap!

Can we bring the cats out again now?
167.gif

Back