All-Star 3 Year Old Bhs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She's only been doing it for about 2 weeks now. She hasn't quite perfected it, but she can do it. Coaches at our gym won't let you move to a new skill until you've mastered what you know. Perfection before progression.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
But what is a 4 year old going to do with a tuck? She belongs on a Tiny team,which is L1 and even if she's bumped up to Mini,she can't use that tuck,because Mini L3 no longer exist. I can't honestly say,I agree with a 4 yr.old on a Y3,Y4,Y5. I have no problem with a 12 yr.old competing on J3/4/5 and her gym's senior worlds team,but a 4 yr.old on a youth team,seems crazy. But this is just IMHO. And I'm honestly not trying to pick on you,the mom or your gym,just trying to understand,what the point of pushing a child,who can't even tie her own nfinity,to get her tuck so young...

But what is a 4 year old going to do with a tuck? She belongs on a Tiny team,which is L1 and even if she's bumped up to Mini,she can't use that tuck,because Mini L3 no longer exist. I can't honestly say,I agree with a 4 yr.old on a Y3,Y4,Y5. I have no problem with a 12 yr.old competing on J3/4/5 and her gym's senior worlds team,but a 4 yr.old on a youth team,seems crazy. But this is just IMHO. And I'm honestly not trying to pick on you,the mom or your gym,just trying to understand,what the point of pushing a child,who can't even tie her own nfinity,to get her tuck so young...
I don't know the gym or child, but some kids just learn skills really quickly. If they truly are teaching proper technique and progressing her at the right rate, then there's nothing to fix in her BWO/BHS. It sounds like the kid is hungry to learn and keeping her working skills she already has with perfect technique would be boring and pointless. I have a hard time picturing a 4 year old with perfect technique on BWO/BHS/multiple BHS and the rest of the level 1 and 2 skills, but it's not impossible.

I don't know the gym or child, but some kids just learn skills really quickly. If they truly are teaching proper technique and progressing her at the right rate, then there's nothing to fix in her BWO/BHS. It sounds like the kid is hungry to learn and keeping her working skills she already has with perfect technique would be boring and pointless. I have a hard time picturing a 4 year old with perfect technique on BWO/BHS/multiple BHS and the rest of the level 1 and 2 skills, but it's not impossible.
I'm not saying that it's not possible,I'm just trying to figure out why push a 4 year old to get a tuck?

Our former teammate TJ who was with my oldest on Mini 2 when he was 3/4 had a tuck. He did individuals when he wanted to throw his higher level stuff. Amazing tumbler. This year they moved to Georgia and he is on Stingray teal - youth 5. He is 8 or 9 now. To my knowledge he was not pushed. His mom was a coach at some point.

I have not read through this whole thread but only the first few and the last page.. I seriously thought it was a joke! Seriously.. as a mom of a retired cheerleader it's ridiculous... a 4 year has no clue what she "wants" to show for her bday party. I would be worried about development as a whole. Even our kids who start tumbling later on deal with issues in height or overly broad shoulders, etc.. Let the kid be a kid. The idea of even saying she has a tumbling block at 3 is not realistic. She will do it when she's ready.

Since the last 3 pages were talking about little kids at our gyms..
Theres a little 6 year old (she might be 7 now) at my gym who, last season (2012-2013) just got her back handspring, and a week or so ago she just got her full! I wouldn't say she's been pushed or anything like that, she is probably one of the most self-motivated little kids I've ever met, and she is one of those kids who gets skills pretty easily (so jealous of those kind of people)

Just guessing, but I think she tends to have 2 privates a week pretty often. And attends open gyms at at least one other gym.

Actually, I think I'm wrong about who you are talking about...it's a diff girl.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know Im late to the party, but Kiara was doubling at 6 and tons of girls double at 8. And I've seen mini 3 teams at multiple comps and I doubt those 6 year olds with tucks started bridging before 5. And I know I have seen 4 year olds on saltocafe doing multiples on Youtube, and theyre a very well respected gymnastics program.

Plus I know of at least two five year olds with fulls.

Granted I would never as a coach start a kid that early, but I don't think she deserves all the hate-fire she's getting. This isn't Salem, it's Fierceboard.
Clearly you live on Mt. Olympus. Those kids don't sound like mortals. :D

Everytime this thread pops back up :cloud9:.....
I'd just like to know if Jocelyn actually got to show off her newly acquired bhs at her 4th birthday party. It would give me much needed closure :D.
I need the closure as well.....a video would be nice of said BHS.....how old is Jocelyn now? 5? 8? lol I feel as if she is a lot older bc of the time this thread has been around... Anyone seen her? :)

Since this thread is back up...
imagejpg1_zpsaad2e7ce.jpg

:confused:

I need the closure as well.....a video would be nice of said BHS.....how old is Jocelyn now? 5? 8? lol I feel as if she is a lot older bc of the time this thread has been around... Anyone seen her? :)

Must be 5 now - this was started in Sept 2012, and she was turning 4 that January (Jan 2013). Jeez... wonder what this year's party featured?

Back