All-Star ..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't really speak about the cost as my kid is nowhere near a Worlds team right now but I do know that our gym offsets the cost of coaches' travel to out of state events (Worlds/Summit, etc) by attending comps where cash prizes (in place of bids) are awarded. Any cash received at these events is put back into the program (staff travel costs, gym improvements, etc).

I think this gym does the same for the summit. I know someone I talked to a while ago said something about a bid. I said I hope you get a paid and they said it doesn't matter because they have already paid for the summit and won't get the money back anyways. The gym keeps it. I think the gym is great and their teams are great I would just be sad to give up money I didn't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit paid bids work differently than Worlds paid bids. If your team has a paid bid for Summit, the gym is NOT given the money like they are for a Worlds paid bid. Athletes with Summit paid bids just don't have to pay any money for the registration/accommodation package when they register (the cost is waived).

Summit paid bids work differently than Worlds paid bids. If your team has a paid bid for Summit, the gym is NOT given the money like they are for a Worlds paid bid. Athletes with Summit paid bids just don't have to pay any money for the registration/accommodation package when they register (the cost is waived).
Ok but even if this gym doesn't go to the summit because they don't get a bid I'm under the impression they still pay the $1000

Perhaps World's should do this too...so weird for the bid not to go to the athletes.

Ok but even if this gym doesn't go to the summit because they don't get a bid I'm under the impression they still pay the $1000

They do. Every Summit eligible team pays earlier in the season. They ARE refunded the $1000 if their child does not earn a bid, though. Collecting the money ahead actually makes some sense to me...that way parents can't really back out at the last minute. Or, if they do, they lose their money.

All I'm saying is that even though I don't have to deal with World's or The Summit this year---I may have to down the road, and when I do, I will be forever grateful that I live one hour away. Sheesh on some of those dollar figures.

They do. Every Summit eligible team pays earlier in the season. They ARE refunded the $1000 if their child does not earn a bid, though. Collecting the money ahead actually makes some sense to me...that way parents can't really back out at the last minute. Or, if they do, they lose their money.

If their team receives a paid Summit bid, are they then refunded the amount equal to the athletes registration/accommodations ($500 something)?? If not, where does that $1000 go??

If their team receives a paid Summit bid, are they then refunded the amount equal to the athletes registration/accommodations ($500 something)?? If not, where does that $1000 go??

No. Their tryout packet says paid Worlds and Summit bids are invested into the gym.

It's in their contract. I don't even think any parents have an issue with it. They have a nice gym and strong teams, I assume parents think it's worth it. Paid Summit bids are rare here, but they have a paid Worlds bid and have had them in prior years, I'm sure.

Well if I had paid my $1000 already and the season didn't go well I'd be secretly hoping all year we don't get a bid. It's like better than Christmas to get a refund that big.
Well I actually don't mind this either then. I'm glad they get money back if not used that is definitely nice.

Athlete entry fee, practice time, coaches airfare and hotel, practice wear and busing to practice and competition. Thats it!!!

I am all for paying for the coaches fees but my issue now is.... the hotel that they (and where we all must stay) is very expensive. I also think they are including some funds for their food while at the hotel as well.
I've not been to worlds, but have been to UCA many times. What your listing doesn't sound off for an at large.

Athlete fee if they are on the package is between $500 - $600. $250-$300 if they're a commuter. Practice time can vary so I can't speak for your team, ours is $100 per hour per team. Practice wear again varies, ours is on the cheap end at $50 per girl, but as listed most gyms start around $75 and go up to $150. It's all about who you use and how much you get. Busing to practice this year ran us $500. We use UCA buses, but if we needed to provide our own bus on comp days, it would easily be $500 plus per day. Our coaches (3) airfare. hotel and food was about $125 a girl. Coaches had 2 meals a day covered. Most hotels in that area, on that weekend, are expensive. If you're staying at Disney, they're outrageous and you don't have a choice which hotel you get. Our girls are also responsible for their own airfare. Our all in price was $1276 a girl. If we had a bus everyday that could have easily gone up $50 - $100 more. Our families paid about half of that price because of fundraising, but if a team doesn't fundraise for it, the price is up there.

Last edited:
Well, considering that the op said 36 girls, large team... I'm guessing she's telling you how it is at at least ONE large gym. There are only so many 36-girl teams out there. (only like 6-7, right? Since panthers has 35)
I believe she also said from the northeast. I can't remember if she said they had a paid bid or not but
PAID-
MD Twisters
WC Stars

AT LARGE-
Cheer Tyme
Extreme Allstarz

Back