All-Star A Night With The Popes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Because to my knowledge, doubles aren't allowed in restricted. Her father said they performed 19 of them. Shouldn't they have lost points for all 19?

Most events will only take 1 deduction for the same rule being violated multiple times. They'll also instruct the scoring judges to either give no credit for the illegal skills or give them credit for most similar legal skill.

I don't agree with CEA having to forfeit any jackets or trophies!! Maybe Cheersport should send jackets to the 2nd place teams in all 3 divisions?? After all it was CS's ultimate decision to tell CEA that they didn't have to compete as an exhibition team since there was no other team in the division.

Too many of you are wanting to cast a black shadow over the cheer gym that didn't intend any harm but yet nobody is really lashing out at the EP.

ALSO I feel that some of this chatter about the parents letting this child do 4 teams is ridiculous. How many of you parents have had your child in more than one sport or activity??? How do you know if she went 'full out' during all of her warmup times. Oh and just because your kid is level 5 doesn't mean they are required to know all of the rules. Some parents might not be as in to this sport as others.

Whether CS told them to compete as an exhibition team or not has ZERO to do with the fact that she was not allowed to have one athlete perform with 4 teams, period...The fact that the athlete was ON THE FLOOR 4 times means both CEA and CS broke the rules...any team participating in the breaking of rules should forfeit their title, period. CS should also be penalized without question. Come on...

If one of those teams that girl was on ended up with a full paid bid to worlds and your CP's team didn't get one because of it, you would be changing your tune. I am not meaning any disrespect towards you, I just feel like because you have friends at CEA you are being overly protective of them.

I actually do think it tarnishes everything CEA has ever done...they bend rules all the time and get caught alot...so how do we know that this isn't how they got to where they are...kids are talented sure, but so are tons of other kids whose coaches and owner won't bend rules for them...from here on I will roll my eyes with ever win, wondering what CSP did to earn it? If I had a jacket that came from this win, I would be humiliated to wear it. People can make all the excuses they want to...this team/coach has proven time and time again that they lack integrity-but as long as they are on top, clearly their following doesn't care.

post: 633410, member: 725"]am i the only one sick to death about hearing how CEA 'bends' the rules? and how they assign kids to a minimum of 2 teams at tryouts? we know they do these things, and guess what? as long as we have people that are willing to continue to go to that program and allow themselves to get drawn into the 'teal hype' it will never, never change. i am not involved in all-star any longer, but i do like to keep up with the on-goings with teams, rules, policies, etc., but it annoys me to think there was almost the exact same 10-20 page thread a few months ago on how they bend the rules to suit their needs.

not trying to take anything away from the kids that go there, not trying to take anything away from the staff, cuz they do have talent....but to me it puts a little tarnish on it all to think that they probably DON'T need to bend the rules, THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY CAN....[/quote]

Can we all keep in mind that there is a difference between "cheating" and "breaking a rule". Obviously intent is critical. If the intent was to cheat, would the girls name have actually been on all 4 rosters?

Just like self-defense, manslaughter and murder are different in penalties even though the result is the same.

At this point, CEA has been penalized but the pitchfork crew really should be upset with USASF and the penalty if they don't feel there were enough lashes.

But if you won something by breaking a rule, you cheated. There isn't a difference when competing is involved. They both run together. You can't cheat if you don't break a rule.

I think Cheersport should be the one paying a fine and CEA should not be able to register those 4 divisions at the next Cheersport comp. I also agree w/ another person that said Cheersport should send jackets, trophies, medals & banners to the 2nd place teams. I don't think the kids on the 4 teams from CEA should have to give up anything. It's not their fault.

Whether CS told them to compete as an exhibition team or not has ZERO to do with the fact that she was not allowed to have one athlete perform with 4 teams, period...The fact that the athlete was ON THE FLOOR 4 times means both CEA and CS broke the rules...any team participating in the breaking of rules should forfeit their title, period. CS should also be penalized without question. Come on...

If one of those teams that girl was on ended up with a full paid bid to worlds and your CP's team didn't get one because of it, you would be changing your tune. I am not meaning any disrespect towards you, I just feel like because you have friends at CEA you are being overly protective of them.
I would feel the same if it was a team from Twist & Shout or Stingrays! Also who is to say that the 2nd place team in the worlds division would have gotten that paid anyway. We are putting too much, would have-could have-should have's in it.

I think Cheersport should be the one paying a fine and CEA should not be able to register those 4 divisions at the next Cheersport comp. I also agree w/ another person that said Cheersport should send jackets, trophies, medals & banners to the 2nd place teams. I don't think the kids on the 4 teams from CEA should have to give up anything. It's not their fault.

I am sure they would gladly accept that punishment. ;)

CheerMomNTx I'm sorry you're opinion is being discounted just because you know me.

Carry on!!

I actually do think it tarnishes everything CEA has ever done...they bend rules all the time and get caught alot...so how do we know that this isn't how they got to where they are...kids are talented sure, but so are tons of other kids whose coaches and owner won't bend rules for them...from here on I will roll my eyes with ever win, wondering what CSP did to earn it? If I had a jacket that came from this win, I would be humiliated to wear it. People can make all the excuses they want to...this team/coach has proven time and time again that they lack integrity-but as long as they are on top, clearly their following doesn't care.

post: 633410, member: 725"]am i the only one sick to death about hearing how CEA 'bends' the rules? and how they assign kids to a minimum of 2 teams at tryouts? we know they do these things, and guess what? as long as we have people that are willing to continue to go to that program and allow themselves to get drawn into the 'teal hype' it will never, never change. i am not involved in all-star any longer, but i do like to keep up with the on-goings with teams, rules, policies, etc., but it annoys me to think there was almost the exact same 10-20 page thread a few months ago on how they bend the rules to suit their needs.

not trying to take anything away from the kids that go there, not trying to take anything away from the staff, cuz they do have talent....but to me it puts a little tarnish on it all to think that they probably DON'T need to bend the rules, THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY CAN....
[/quote]

Cheerforme
Relatively new to cheer but I have come to conclude...CEA and Popes = drama!

Cheerforme i thought you were new to cheerleading? kingston

Only at it our second year coming from dance. Took me about five minutes to figure out who was who and this team stickes out the most to me...coupled with last years competition circuit and my own observations, I almost yanked my daughter out. But instead decided we made the right choice as far as teams and integrity.

Cheerforme
Relatively new to cheer but I have come to conclude...CEA and Popes = drama!

Cheerforme i thought you were new to cheerleading? kingston[/quote]

I think that 'most people' would probably believe that your use of the term 'most people' is probably exaggerated. Your ongoing witch hunt against this program continues to amaze.

Fair enough that I shouldn't have said "most people" - I meant most people that are replying in this thread that think CEA should lose the titles. I worded it poorly and I should not have.

It's not an ongoing "witch hunt" - I hardly look for reasons to talk about them. I have NEVER started a thread about CEA. I generally don't comment until pages in, when I have read multiple posts from both sides. I won't sit here and try to say if this was another gym I'd still be upset, because as was already PMed to me earlier, no one would believe that. I've asked myself that quesion actually. I think if it was any gym I'd be upset. I'm kind of disappointed that it's CEA because they are already such a polarizing gym I feel like we can't have a real discussion about it because both sides are just going to say "You just hate CEA" or "You just are teal army" - and it takes away from any valid points on either side.

I do often take the "anti teal" stance. For multiple reasons - I think it's obvious I'm not a fan. Talent wise? Amazing. I would never claim differently - when watching Worlds this year, after SE performed my first thought was "Well, that's a done deal. Gold." I simply don't like some of the things they do - crossovers for one.

I think there are a few of us from each side of the teal fence that are the ones who do most of the debating. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll hazard a guess that those on the teal side of the fence probably get just as many PMs as I do "validating" them and saying "Thanks for saying what we all want to but can't" .

As to this particular issue, I would also be frying Cheersport up in a pan but I have only heard CEA's side of the story so I can only respond to that. If this is true and CS told them to put the girl on the mat 4 times and OKed it and gave them the jackets (I'm not saying it's not true, just that since we've only heard that statement from CEA parents it isn't documented fact - yet. Quite frankly I think it is true) then Cheersport is probably more to blame than CEA. ***I did ask earlier in the thread if anyone knew if CS had received any type of punishment for this.

As I said earlier, when this was first brought up on Saturday I just breezed over it and went on about my day. Then as I started reading the posts from parents from CEA, it started raising more questions. So I asked them.

I would feel the same if it was a team from Twist & Shout or Stingrays! Also who is to say that the 2nd place team in the worlds division would have gotten that paid anyway. We are putting too much, would have-could have-should have's in it.

I was just making a hypothetical on the worlds bid scenario. I'm really not trying to go into any unnecessary drama. Let me put it this way...if Woodlands Elite or ASR or Prodigy did this at a comp in Houston and one of the teams that athlete performed with got a paid bid over Texas, are you saying you wouldn't be disgruntled about it? I know I would be TICKED if a gym around here did that to us. I was just trying to make a point. Obviously I was wrong.

CheerMomNTx I'm sorry you're opinion is being discounted just because you know me.

Carry on!!

Her opinion was not being discounted Missy. Why do you always take everything I say and blow it out of proportion?? I was merely speculating that she would feel differently if she didn't have close connections to the gym involved. I know I would. She told me I was wrong, I accept that. Good grief... I guess everyone is gonna start attacking me now even though I have tried really hard to keep this professional... (See how I blew your statement out of proportion?? It's easy to do.)

Back