All-Star A Night With The Popes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Fair enough that I shouldn't have said "most people" - I meant most people that are replying in this thread that think CEA should lose the titles. I worded it poorly and I should not have.

It's not an ongoing "witch hunt" - I hardly look for reasons to talk about them. I have NEVER started a thread about CEA. I generally don't comment until pages in, when I have read multiple posts from both sides. I won't sit here and try to say if this was another gym I'd still be upset, because as was already PMed to me earlier, no one would believe that. I've asked myself that quesion actually. I think if it was any gym I'd be upset. I'm kind of disappointed that it's CEA because they are already such a polarizing gym I feel like we can't have a real discussion about it because both sides are just going to say "You just hate CEA" or "You just are teal army" - and it takes away from any valid points on either side.

I do often take the "anti teal" stance. For multiple reasons - I think it's obvious I'm not a fan. Talent wise? Amazing. I would never claim differently - when watching Worlds this year, after SE performed my first thought was "Well, that's a done deal. Gold." I simply don't like some of the things they do - crossovers for one.

I think there are a few of us from each side of the teal fence that are the ones who do most of the debating. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'll hazard a guess that those on the teal side of the fence probably get just as many PMs as I do "validating" them and saying "Thanks for saying what we all want to but can't" .

As to this particular issue, I would also be frying Cheersport up in a pan but I have only heard CEA's side of the story so I can only respond to that. If this is true and CS told them to put the girl on the mat 4 times and OKed it and gave them the jackets (I'm not saying it's not true, just that since we've only heard that statement from CEA parents it isn't documented fact - yet. Quite frankly I think it is true) then Cheersport is probably more to blame than CEA. ***I did ask earlier in the thread if anyone knew if CS had received any type of punishment for this.

As I said earlier, when this was first brought up on Saturday I just breezed over it and went on about my day. Then as I started reading the posts from parents from CEA, it started raising more questions. So I asked them.

Fair enough. We are all certainly entitled to our opinions. Perhaps witch hunt was a little to harsh. Thanks for the reply.

I think that 'most people' would probably believe that your use of the term 'most people' is probably exaggerated. Your ongoing witch hunt against this program continues to amaze.

Sorry too late to edit my previous post. But I wanted to add it's not a witch hunt when someone from CEA starts a thread, and then another person from CEA comes on and says outright "Oh, after they let us break a rule in registration, they also didn't penalize us in scoring when we threw illegal tumbling!" A witch hunt would imply I go looking for information where there isn't any. Commenting on information that is posted is not hunting witches.

Fair enough. We are all certainly entitled to our opinions. Perhaps witch hunt was a little to harsh. Thanks for the reply.

GAH! The thread is moving too fast. Ignore the snarkiness of the above post. Sorry. :( Hunger is kicking in. I'll eat lunch before I post again. :oops: I appreciate your response. Believe it or not, I do have a couple rational bones in my body. Jeez I wish we could delete things.

I was just making a hypothetical on the worlds bid scenario. I'm really not trying to go into any unnecessary drama. Let me put it this way...if Woodlands Elite or ASR or Prodigy did this at a comp in Houston and one of the teams that athlete performed with got a paid bid over Texas, are you saying you wouldn't be disgruntled about it? I know I would be TICKED if a gym around here did that to us. I was just trying to make a point. Obviously I was wrong.

Her opinion was not being discounted Missy. Why do you always take everything I say and blow it out of proportion?? I was merely speculating that she would feel differently if she didn't have close connections to the gym involved. I know I would. She told me I was wrong, I accept that. Good grief... I guess everyone is gonna start attacking me now even though I have tried really hard to keep this professional... (See how I blew your statement out of proportion?? It's easy to do.)

Okay......it wasn't discounted. Sorry your opinion is thought to be a little biased because you know me, F. Is that better? You don't even need to respond, I won't be.

GAH! The thread is moving too fast. Ignore the snarkiness of the above post. Sorry. :( Hunger is kicking in. I'll eat lunch before I post again. :oops: I appreciate your response. Believe it or not, I do have a couple rational bones in my body. Jeez I wish we could delete things.

But, then, what would I point and laugh about.........LMAO MsB to you Just-a-Mom. ;)

CheerMomNTx I'm sorry you're opinion is being discounted just because you know me.

Carry on!!
You are an awesome person and I have always enjoyed your friendship as well as your daughters! I am very sad this whole situation happened, but I found even asking questions last night, I was called more or less a bully, which I have never tried to do anything but support cheer. No one knows what anyone would do or or not do in any situation if you are not involved. It is easy to pass judgement. I feel you are always forthright and honest with me and all your comments. I have people I deeply care about in your program. I will say in my craziness I have spent at the least $180,000 dollars over the last 15 years with the majority of it going to EPs so I do except.... or even demand they be run fairly. I don't think that is to much to ask!!!

But, then, what would I point and laugh about.........LMAO MsB to you Just-a-Mom. ;)

sshhhhhh....I'm eating my salad. Can't post yet. Hunger makes me yell at people I like. :wasntme: LMAO I was thinking MsB the whole time I've been reading.

nccheerdad I hope this thread is like Vegas. What happens in this thread stays in this thread? Cuz I still kinda like you...:(

I was just making a hypothetical on the worlds bid scenario. I'm really not trying to go into any unnecessary drama. Let me put it this way...if Woodlands Elite or ASR or Prodigy did this at a comp in Houston and one of the teams that athlete performed with got a paid bid over Texas, are you saying you wouldn't be disgruntled about it? I know I would be TICKED if a gym around here did that to us. I was just trying to make a point. Obviously I was wrong.

Well ACTUALLY a similar scenrio did happen to our gym...WORLDS 2011 International Coed 6....Bangkok remember that whole scenario with them competing with an extra boy?? The team was told it was okay for them to compete with that extra boy and they ended up in a tie for 1st or 2nd? Can't remember but that put our Texas team in 4th. I didn't have a kid on the team and YES I was upset for the kids on that team. Anyway the wrong was righted and our International 6 kids were given the 3rd place trophy and medals. I just think that CHEERSPORT is liable for correcting their mistake. That is all that I am saying! A fine was paid by the gym owners, now it's CS's turn to right the wrong!!

This always makes me sad. Like when parents fight. :(

She and I used to have a mutual respect for each other. Obviously we are on too very opposite ends of the spectrum as far as how we feel about things now so nothing either of us says is ever received correctly. I'm tired of trying so I'll just respond as if I simply don't care...

You are an awesome person and I have always enjoyed your friendship as well as your daughters! I am very sad this whole situation happened, but I found even asking questions last night, I was called more or less a bully, which I have never tried to do anything but support cheer. No one knows what anyone would do or or not do in any situation if you are not involved. It is easy to pass judgement. I feel you are always forthright and honest with me and all your comments. I have people I deeply care about in your program. I will say in my craziness I have spent at the least $180,000 dollars over the last 15 years with the majority of it going to EPs so I do except.... or even demand they be run fairly. I don't think that is to much to ask!!!

I value your friendship as well Mo! I think I'm going through some kind of grieving process or something because I've gone from disgusted and outraged on Saturday to sad on Wednesday and a multitude of emotions in between in the last 5 days. And as I told someone on the phone on Monday I'm not even sure I'm real clear on who I'm made, disgusted, sad with. You and a few others from AOL Allstar Message boards were the first people I met from other programs and nothing that happens on the Fierceboard changes how I feel about you and your family!!!

Whether CS told them to compete as an exhibition team or not has ZERO to do with the fact that she was not allowed to have one athlete perform with 4 teams, period...The fact that the athlete was ON THE FLOOR 4 times means both CEA and CS broke the rules...any team participating in the breaking of rules should forfeit their title, period. CS should also be penalized without question. Come on...

Does the USASF say "An athlete may not be on the floor more than three times" or does it say "An athlete may not COMPETE more than three times"?

Well ACTUALLY a similar scenrio did happen to our gym...WORLDS 2011 International Coed 6....Bangkok remember that whole scenario with them competing with an extra boy?? The team was told it was okay for them to compete with that extra boy and they ended up in a tie for 1st or 2nd? Can't remember but that put our Texas team in 4th. I didn't have a kid on the team and YES I was upset for the kids on that team. Anyway the wrong was righted and our International 6 kids were given the 3rd place trophy and medals. I just think that CHEERSPORT is liable for correcting their mistake. That is all that I am saying! A fine was paid by the gym owners, now it's CS's turn to right the wrong!!

I completely and totally agree and I remember when that happened. And I was harping on the USASF for that mistake as well! And I 1000% agree that CS needs to be liable. I think I've made that clear. My comments on this thread aren't to continue bashing CEA for their mistake. They have done what they were asked to do to rectify it. I initially posted on this thread to clarify what the actual USASF rules stated. Then I got sucked in to the debate. For the record, I would be harping on this regardless of what gym had done it.

Back