All-Star A Night With The Popes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEADAD05 So who do you think is the responsible party for letting your daughter compete 4 times at 2 competitions Cheersport and Battle at the Beach?? Your Coaches? Event Producers? Yourself? People for reporting the infraction of the rules? How are we to know as competitors at these events it did not happen in our divisions?? I know you don't really think it is a big deal, but in fact it is a really big deal. It is the thing that makes you go hmmmmmm..... If the roles were reversed and a child on 3 teams and one "exhibition" beat your child out of a Cheersport jacket would your feelings be the same?? Just curious as I have no dog in this fight, just have always tried to live with and raise my kids with good values.

From what I know about some gyms (not just CEA), they don't always bring ALL their teams to ALL the same competitions. Mini teams don't travel as much, based on how many gym bases in the program (like Fame has several) they might go to different competitions. It could very well have been that even if she worked 3 teams all season and assisted this one time on the 4th, they never were at the same competitions together, and if they were, that 4th team never needed her. Until Cheersport.

Stranger things have happened..

Just a side question for anyone who might know- who exactly is on the committee that punishes this sort of thing? Coaches? EPs? USASF members (who could be coaches of gyms)?

Can anyone tell me who is responsible for the sanctioning/punishment handed down? For this situation and situations like this in general? Is it the sanctioning committee (I'm assuming the domestic one, not international lol)? Is it the rules committee? Is it somebody else?

I only ask, because I'm curious as to how this works in an industry where so many people cross on to so many committees and groups, there has to be some overlap?

To my understanding it's the USASF, and considering that CS EP sits on the board of directors for the USASF, they'd have to find themselves guilty of any charge..Somehow I don't see that happening.

*edit-is that what you're talking about?

@ Mo-Lissa . First let me say I am new to the board and I dont know if you are the kind that trys to stir up drama but some of these ?'s and your continued attemps to drag me to that level are sure leading me to believe that is the case . The only thing I will respond to is that if my team lost to a team of legal aged and registered kids then I would tip my hat to them for being better than me that day . I wouldnt try to make an excuse . The only way I would is if the team had used a older kid ( senior dropping down to junior ) just to stack a team BUT if your 20 11u's lose to my 20 11u's then it is what it is .... BTW the reason you keep seeing 11 year old in other post is because she was 11 years old during the events in question.

To my understanding it's the USASF, and considering that CS EP sits on the board of directors for the USASF, they'd have to find themselves guilty of any charge..Somehow I don't see that happening.

*edit-is that what you're talking about?
Yes. So wait, it's some members of the USASF (which I gathered), but an EP can vote on a case in which they're involved?! And that's ok? I would hope if that was the case they'd recuse themselves..

@ Mo-Lissa . First let me say I am new to the board and I dont know if you are the kind that trys to stir up drama but some of these ?'s and your continued attemps to drag me to that level are sure leading me to believe that is the case . The only thing I will respond to is that if my team lost to a team of legal aged and registered kids then I would tip my hat to them for being better than me that day . I wouldnt try to make an excuse . The only way I would is if the team had used a older kid ( senior dropping down to junior ) just to stack a team BUT if your 20 11u's lose to my 20 11u's then it is what it is .... BTW the reason you keep seeing 11 year old in other post is because she was 11 years old during the events in question.
Sometimes it takes people a while to get things like that (you know bday's and such) ;)

Yes. So wait, it's some members of the USASF (which I gathered), but an EP can vote on a case in which they're involved?! And that's ok? I would hope if that was the case they'd recuse themselves..
Let's think about the recent USASF actions that had everyone up in arms (new rules, image policy, etc.) and they way they were handled and ask yourself that question again.

When I search for the ceacoach profile on my mobile, it says the user has been banned. Perhaps that is why we have not heard from her.
It won't allow me to view her profile, it says it is currently unavailable, but I'm not receiving a message saying she is banned...? However, I have been receiving the message saying certain users profiles are unavailable for a few days, but those users are still posting in threads, so I know they aren't banned, so I don't know if the FB is being updated or something...
kingston care to elaborate? If you're willing to, I just ask that the simple fact is stated so that a rumor doesn't unfold from someone reading that "she's banned" and then end up making more out of it than what it really is. A simple "yes, she is" or "no, she's not," will do. All I'm looking for is clarification.
Thanks in advance :)

You are new to the boards and I am not viewed a trouble maker in the least on these boards..... I am unknown to most of the people out here, and feel I have several really good friends in your program, which were with the program way before your family. I just had some questions and thought I would ask the source as you put yourself out there. Sorry if you thought my questions were bad or out of line, as I was just curious to your feelings on this ordeal.

4bbeedd4-8283-2129.jpg

King did elaborate.

I am not one to start rumors.

And this is why I said earlier-a committee in charge of discipline and ethics CANNOT be composed of gym coaches, owners, EPs, etc. None of it. Coaches and gyms that are the most powerful can easily be involved in some of these cases, because they are big and well known, and under a more watchful eye. Or, they can very easily be connected to the gym in question somehow... Whether it be an old coach now at their gym, using them for choreography, or simply getting drinks with them at a big comp... It's not far fetched that people are well connected in the industry. As far as people making big decisions, that simply is not ok.

But see the problem is youre saying it's just one kid maybe it was a stacked team with multiple kids that crossed to the fourth team? How do we know?? After all it sounded like it was a one time "special" occurrence at cheersport and now we find out another "special" occurrence happened at spirit sports! Also! Where does it really end?

Question for ceadad05. I must say I'm a bit surprised at how lightly you take this. Does your daughter know that she cheated? That her trusted adults surrounding her allowed her to cheat? Would you blindly follow your coach- a proven "rule bender" again? Personally I would be so out of there. No gym, no amount of winning is worth that.

@ Mo-Lissa . Good to know and I am sure you do know several people in our program that have been here longer than us . This is only our third season and clearly you know who my daughter is as do I know who yours is . No need to apoligize . Have a good night .

joespeach
(removed pic to save space)
I wasn't implying that you were lying about what you read. I completely believed you before I saw the picture, I was just asking that Kingston clarify because I'm confused on why you would be given a message saying she is banned, but I'm getting one saying it's just temp unavail along with several other profiles (again of people who are still posting) giving that same message.. I totally believe your pic and your statement, I just want to know if there was a glitch in what message was supposed to be sent out for that user.
Does that make sense? sorry.... lol

joespeach
(removed pic to save space)
I wasn't implying that you were lying about what you read. I completely believed you before I saw the picture, I was just asking that Kingston clarify because I'm confused on why you would be given a message saying she is banned, but I'm getting one saying it's just temp unavail along with several other profiles (again of people who are still posting) giving that same message.. I totally believe your pic and your statement, I just want to know if there was a glitch in what message was supposed to be sent out for that user.
Does that make sense? sorry.... lol
If you take the time to read through the thread which everything went down in, I believe there is a post from kingston that talks about a threatening phone call he recieved from Ceacoach which I believe is the reason she is now banned

eta: please correct me if I am wrong/ just trying to help clarify not stir more drama

Back