All-Star A Whole New Low....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is tacky to go to that level, but we all have to think about it a little more... All other sports film and watch film with their athletes... Everyone wants to one up each other or get motivated for the season. Thats the name of the game... It's also Flattery (the act of giving excessive compliments, generally for the purpose of ingratiating oneself with the subject) for your team b/c the MC Guy is so worried about what you guys are doing. I can see both ways why they would film and why you guys would be mad. Take it as this, they are scared you guys are better so they have to do it to get to your level! Could be wrong they could be just as good and they just want to one up you. Just trying to see both sides and not be one sided... but this is both TACKY but SMART at the same time. In my eyes at least!

@cheer8 oh i totally agree is some sense. i mean football coaches go and scout other teams weekly, recording them and such. But to be as low as to put it on youtube and to send it out to other gyms is a whole nother issue. Videoing at a competition is one thing (like going to a football game and scouting), but coming into a parent show off is just tacky. you are right tho, its a great feeling to know that they are that worried about us that they had to have someone drive an hour and a half to come get our footage.

It is just sad that someone can't trust their gym enough to win That they have to Video tape other teams to get ahead... It's disappointing what cheerleading has come to.

I am not condoning what happened, but I have thought a lot about situations like this and it just makes me wonder... Is it really that big a deal if someone sees your routine early? It ruins the "reveal" element of the first competition, but it shouldn't change anything about the way others execute their routine. I choreography my routines based on scoresheets and the strengths and weaknesses of MY TEAM- not the teams around us. If your team is better, good for you- but me knowing that your routine is harder, cleaner, etc. won't change my choreography and it won't change my team either. If I have written my routine and hit the scoresheet well, then I have done my very best for my team and that's all I can do. So I guess I don't really "get" why someone would feel the need to travel so far to videotape a routine- is it really going to change anything about the team/gym they came from?

I am not condoning what happened, but I have thought a lot about situations like this and it just makes me wonder... Is it really that big a deal if someone sees your routine early? It ruins the "reveal" element of the first competition, but it shouldn't change anything about the way others execute their routine. I choreography my routines based on scoresheets and the strengths and weaknesses of MY TEAM- not the teams around us. If your team is better, good for you- but me knowing that your routine is harder, cleaner, etc. won't change my choreography and it won't change my team either. If I have written my routine and hit the scoresheet well, then I have done my very best for my team and that's all I can do. So I guess I don't really "get" why someone would feel the need to travel so far to videotape a routine- is it really going to change anything about the team/gym they came from?

Thats how YOU do things and that is ggggreat!!!!!! but this gym will re-do stuff now that they have our stuff. why else video it and send it off to others? they are known for videoing all the teams that take the mat at comps. its just crazy they couldnt wait 3 more weeks when we will go head to head with them at the first comp. and just let the best team that day win.

Thats how YOU do things and that is ggggreat!!!!!! but this gym will re-do stuff now that they have our stuff. why else video it and send it off to others? they are known for videoing all the teams that take the mat at comps. its just crazy they couldnt wait 3 more weeks when we will go head to head with them at the first comp. and just let the best team that day win.

Re-working a routine in 3 weeks equals disaster- they would be better off to stick with what they have and make it clean. Not to mention that the imitation of something is never as good as the original...

@cheer8 oh i totally agree is some sense. i mean football coaches go and scout other teams weekly, recording them and such. But to be as low as to put it on youtube and to send it out to other gyms is a whole nother issue. Videoing at a competition is one thing (like going to a football game and scouting), but coming into a parent show off is just tacky. you are right tho, its a great feeling to know that they are that worried about us that they had to have someone drive an hour and a half to come get our footage.
you are right. To send it out on youtube is a ridiculous action on their part... they could have just kept it to themselves... I m sure we will see more videos popping up everyday from the shows and extravaganzas!

I agree but at the same time it wasnt even a local event. That's what gets me! He drove an hour and a half to record. But our coaches are firm believers in KARMA and this is just more fuel for us!
well...its all out in a few weeks anyway....kinda silly really...but public is public.....I agree with King...they arent practicing if they are obsessed with you...;) Have a great season...it'll kill them...:)

I think that stinks but, if the event is open to the public then I guess this is one of those things that could happen. . . other solutions would be to have a guest list so that the event isn't open to the public or don't allow any videotaping or photography I guess.
Honestly, this really seems more like an attempt to psyche you out rather than steal choreography. I agree that they can copy your routine but they could do that in a couple of weeks after the first comp. anyway. I'm sorry that this happened to you but I guess it shows how good you guys are. People only seem to copy/hate on teams they feel threatened by. If they thought you were no competition they probably wouldn't bother with you :)

Honestly, this really seems more like an attempt to psyche you out rather than steal choreography.
I agree 100%. The fact that you've gotten your dander up about it means MC has succeeded in a little psychological warfare 101. The only thing you can do is take away their power by letting it not bother you. :)

I agree 100%. The fact that you've gotten your dander up about it means MC has succeeded in a little psychological warfare 101. The only thing you can do is take away their power by letting it not bother you. :)

How much psyching out is it really doing if Txcheermom is the individual expressing her displeasure and not the actual coaches? I think CheerMomNTx also made it clear that the coaches are unbothered and don't have time to worry about other teams. It's been my understanding in the past that the state of Texas as a whole had a different take on videoing and uploading other teams performances and I always admired that they had that much respect. Usually it took a lot longer for videos to get out of Texas all star programs if they got out at all. I guess times are changing. I completely understand where Txcheermom is coming from but hey if this happening it must mean your team is BA lol. Can't wait to see you guys this year!

Back