All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The group who stood up from their seats for Both of their teams and blocked everyone behind them from watching. Then to give us a nasty look when we asked them to sit down.......but then kept on standing!!

When teams constantly bash other teams just because they didn't win worlds/ when teams who didn't win worlds thinks they should have. For example on instagram someone from (let's call them team a) posted a picture of their teams jumps and team b's jumps and the team that won (team b) looked like they had worse jumps than the team that didn't so automatically team a thought they should have won...
I could point out a team or two that do things like this.

One trend I wish would die people calling out teams because of what an individual on the team may say on twitter or facebook. I dont condone what these kids say but there is no use to bring it over to the boards. I said the same thing on worlds day 3 thread. I dont see that point behind it all.

This response to some previous posts is a little late, but what about having worlds in the Dallas arena or the Orlando convention center? Both locations are very large and shouldn't be problematic in seating people, plus, based on personal experience, I'm going to say that relocating worlds to a place like Las Vegas is probably not a good idea.

This response to some previous posts is a little late, but what about having worlds in the Dallas arena or the Orlando convention center? Both locations are very large and shouldn't be problematic in seating people, plus, based on personal experience, I'm going to say that relocating worlds to a place like Las Vegas is probably not a good idea.
Or what of they held it in like a football arena type place? Cowboys stadium anyone? Except for the fact that every team would have to compete on the same floor a huge venue like that would be amazing

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

If it can hold crazy DC and DCC fans I'm sure it would be able to handle LAG haha =p maybe like the big popular divisions (LAG and LC) could be heals there and then they could hold the rest in the NCA arena and run a shuttle bus between them, and then in two of the smaller arenas at the convention center they could have live streaming on jumbo trons... Or they could move worlds to the Georgia World Congress Center... That place is about 6 times as big as what they use for Cheersport and it's attached to the GA dome and across the street from Phillips Arena

Most of you probably won't agree with me on this, but I'm over all the shirts at competitions being pink, sparkly, or just plain girly looking. I'm a boy, as are many other people at cheer competitions, and I don't want to wear stuff like that. I couldn't by a shirt at NCA this year because the shirt for cheerleaders was practically neon pink, and obviously I wasn't going to buy the dance shirt. (Although it was considered.) I don't understand why it's so hard to make guys apparel.
As a male cheer mom I agree with this for basically every competition. I've only been to one (UCF Nationals in Columbia SC) that ever had good "guy" shirts from vendors.

HOW did it happen, I have no idea, but that is pretty much WHAT happened.

I'll do my best to recap. Crowd was settling in, I was thinking they may has well have just kept awards in the Milkhouse, there were a ton of people at the awards. The two ladies you see on ESPN each year walk out, and the one just starts blurting out "Your bronze medalists, World Cup!" (paraphrasing). I was so not paying attention, that I almost thought she called Gold first.

This was the point everything just stopped. WC girls looked confused as what to do, get up, don't get up. Well pretty much everybody looked confused, USASF officials were just looking back and forth at each other. The two announcers were in their own little world together after they realized what they did.

Finally after what felt like an eternity watching all their confused faces, WC was kinda nudged to the award podium for their picture. I'm not sure they really knew which way to go with the rest of the order so they decided to just continue to silver. Then awkwardly announced how they were going to go back and announce 6th and 5th. And then back to Gold finally.

To add a little more humor (or insult depending on who you are) to the story, as soon as I heard Panthers called for silver (and yes I'll admit I was now double-shocked), I just thought to myself, ok F5 won. It wasn't till they announced them as 4th that I even remembered CEA. USASF had now completed the hat trick on me!
Wow!! You're recollection of this awful awards ceremony is literally word for word how I felt during the whole thing. It was awful. Just awful. :(

Most of you probably won't agree with me on this, but I'm over all the shirts at competitions being pink, sparkly, or just plain girly looking. I'm a boy, as are many other people at cheer competitions, and I don't want to wear stuff like that. I couldn't by a shirt at NCA this year because the shirt for cheerleaders was practically neon pink, and obviously I wasn't going to buy the dance shirt. (Although it was considered.) I don't understand why it's so hard to make guys apparel.

Non related to comps- but CEA makes some really decent looking unisex shirts and shirts that are really more aimed for men (like polo's, no sparkle, etc)

*but I think you make a good point regardless...(AND pink is my fav color- so that says a lot coming from me, lol ;))

I looked up the bolded section and apparently swimming and track do. Only the top two per country can compete in swimming finals and top three for track.

I like your suggestion though! I think it would give some of the teams that could definitely contend for medals a shot, but also allows other countries to still compete.

The difference is that in swimming someone like Eric "the Eel" Moussambani didn't make finals just because he was the only swimmer from Equatorial Guinea. He was eliminated in semis. A team that scores below 100 shouldn't get to go again while TG 005 watches from the stands.

Or what of they held it in like a football arena type place? Cowboys stadium anyone? Except for the fact that every team would have to compete on the same floor a huge venue like that would be amazing

There would be literally no way to run Worlds the way it is done now with only one floor. There's not enough time in the day. Saturday and Sunday were both 12+ hours and Monday was at least another 9 I think... that's with three arenas.

Back