All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As much as I love Xtina and that song, it needs to be retired in the cheer world.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Yes! Did anyone else feel like after watching so many teams go(for anyone watching the prelims and semi on live feed) that the mixes started to sound really alike?

EP's, USASF staff and board, vendor's, I would assume any guest's invited by USASF and coaches maybe. They made announcements that the only people allowed in there were those wearing orange and green lanyards. I don't know what the distinction between the colors were though. So much prime property in the milkhouse gone to waste!

Coaches were allowed in the VIP section and were the vast majority of it.

NO MORE XTINA
10 foot high poofs
"GET A CLUE"
Nude Mesh on uniforms
Ugh and the stupid people that just stand in the middle of the hall -.- I was ready to smack a couple people upside the head on the way to warmups at HP... Obviously those 3 years of anger management counseling didnt really help me out much :oops::rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with this one a little bit. Do I think the VIP seating was too large, yes. Do I think the VIP section is for those that shelled out the 25k per team (paid bids) that are there to support their clients, absolutely. There should be a happy medium I agree but I'm not gonna take anything away from the EP's that helped pay the way (or help pay the way) for teams to compete. JMO.

The size of the VIP seating was greatly reduced when we got there on Sunday morning, then more chairs were brought out later for Large Coed? The back row of chairs in VIP backed up directly against the parent section and as much as I knew those chairs in the center back row of VIP were probably the best seats in the building, i couldn't bring myself to sit there knowing I'd be blocking someone's view with my back. It would be nice if they could raise the VIP seating up on some staging and then put the parent standing section in front of that. Most of the people in VIP really do want to watch the competition, and like you said, they've shelled out tens of thousands of dollars to send other peoples' kids to Worlds. Putting the parents in chairs in front of other chairs on the floor would be hard because I'm sure it's hard for those parents to stay seated while watching their children compete at Worlds.
Most of the people in VIP were coaches, EPs made up the second biggest part. As far as I could tell, that section was not empty at all at the times the rest of the milkhouse was packed... Other times, yes... but there were lots of other chairs open around the venue. I witnessed many of the EPs cheering on teams, standing up to clap after performances, not wasting that space. I'm sure most people that were in there have made careers in the cheer industry because they love the sport, too.

It was the worst. I was there and people were completely confused. They didn't announce they were going to call them out of order. Expecting to hear 6th place, they start with 3rd. There was such a long pause and conversations, we thought maybe it was a mistake. As they moved on it just got worse, people were mumbling and grumbling and more long pauses. The people I sat next to thought maybe there was a tie for 1st. Maybe someone knows why they did it that way, it just didn't make sense.

The only other ceremony I went to was Large Coed and thankfully it went from 10 to 1.
I saw a video of Sr Elite on tumblr and when they started with third place, you can just see Erica go "what?" and look around trying to figure out what's going on.

I think If your life is personally affected by a cheer voice over something's wrong.
I think you would be right...Please tell me where I said my life is personally affected by a cheer voice over?

I was simply stating an opinion. My opinion. Last time I checked that's an enormous part of this board. I could easily quote anything you say or have said that I didn't agree with and put the same statement next to it "I think if your life is personally affected by how many times SE tic tocks, or team Y's unis, team Z's music mix, etc. something's wrong". I don't personally like the v/o bc I'm not fond of highlighting death in anyway, regardless of it's actual meaning to others. Nothing wrong w/that. It's not like I have to listen to the music bc I can choose not to listen to it outside of a cheer comp. However, inside a cheer comp, I'm most likely gonna hear it.

So again, it was just an opinion. Not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Perhaps there are other people though (particularly young athletes in Allstar) who might be personally affected by it bc they've lost a loved one due to gun violence, suicide, etc. IDK, but regardless, that's not what I said so
:chillpill:

The way the live feeds were handled. No nodes? Mixing up the music from one arena to the other? How annoying is it to see your team going without their real music? Waste of money. Do it right it or don't do it at all.

I think you would be right...Please tell me where I said my life is personally affected by a cheer voice over?

I was simply stating an opinion. My opinion. Last time I checked that's an enormous part of this board. I could easily quote anything you say or have said that I didn't agree with and put the same statement next to it "I think if your life is personally affected by how many times SE tic tocks, or team Y's unis, team Z's music mix, etc. something's wrong". I don't personally like the v/o bc I'm not fond of highlighting death in anyway, regardless of it's actual meaning to others. Nothing wrong w/that. It's not like I have to listen to the music bc I can choose not to listen to it outside of a cheer comp. However, inside a cheer comp, I'm most likely gonna hear it.

So again, it was just an opinion. Not that difficult of a concept to grasp. Perhaps there are other people though (particularly young athletes in Allstar) who might be personally affected by it bc they've lost a loved one due to gun violence, suicide, etc. IDK, but regardless, that's not what I said so
:chillpill:
I wasnt saying you personally, Im saying in general if it affects your life.. Also I never said you couldnt have an opinion you made very good points. Im just saying in my opinion I dont think its a big deal.

Back