All-Star After The 2013 Worlds, Trends I Would Like To See Die Fast....ok Go!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Trends that I wish would die? People talking about the size of flyers. If a coach thinks its appropriate to pull up a 12 year old from his junior 3 to fly on his elite worlds team, then every parent/ athlete should respect and not question this. Stunt difficulty gets harder every year. It's hard to train groups with bigger flyers to achieve this difficulty (and stunt group chemistry) over the amount of time required. That might be sad, but its true. It's the age of junior aged flyers.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Trends that I wish would die? People talking about the size of flyers. If a coach thinks its appropriate to pull up a 12 year old from his junior 3 to fly on his elite worlds team, then every parent/ athlete should respect and not question this. Stunt difficulty gets harder every year. It's hard to train groups with bigger flyers to achieve this difficulty (and stunt group chemistry) over the amount of time required. That might be sad, but its true. It's the age of junior aged flyers.

Just wondering, are you referring to the NY cheer team that pulled up an underaged athlete at worlds? or was it just an example?

Hence the reason I'm a retired flyer :) I'm not one of those girls who has a problem basing, I actually enjoy it. Plus there's always high school cheer to fly. I agree with you, and while I am more impressed with teams that put up "bigger" flyers, this is just the truth of the matter

Here's something else I'm ready to never see again. Straight leg scorpions. I'm not a huge fan of them regardless, but when you have two girls in the air pulling a straight leg/ needle, then you have Back-Right Betsy with her Dorito, it looks DISGUSTING. Two different body positions in my opinion, and its all I can look at during a stunt sequence. I LOVE F5, but they are so guilty of this. Okay, rant over.

Here's something else I'm ready to never see again. Straight leg scorpions. I'm not a huge fan of them regardless, but when you have two girls in the air pulling a straight leg/ needle, then you have Back-Right Betsy with her Dorito, it looks DISGUSTING. Two different body positions in my opinion, and its all I can look at during a stunt sequence. I LOVE F5, but they are so guilty of this. Okay, rant over.

YES! I know CA gets a lot of crap for "not letting people pull needles" But IMO it looks better when everyone pulls their scorp to the same point than when one girl has a dorito and another has a needle! It looks uniform. Plus if there's one or two girls with doritos your eye is drawn to them... not the needles

lots of teams have girls with needles, but wont let them pull them cause it looks odd for half the flyers to have them and half dont. i know SE has quite a few girls that can do them, but you never see them pull it in comp. i dont get why f5 does it, but then again it would be weird seeing Kelcie pull anything but a needle at this point.

unpopular opinion but I'm glad teams let their tops pull needles. yes it does look odd sometimes with a few needles and doritos, but harp on the DORITOS to stretch to match the rest, instead of not allowing the needles to show all their hard work. i would not be happy if i worked really hard to get a needle and was never allowed to show it

Back